Crash.Net User: custard

Comments rating: 85
Position in rating: 940

Show Comments on:

custard

March 27, 2014 12:43 AM

MotoGP » Redding: The target has changed…

I dunno, he sounded surprised to me and is simply announcing he's raising his own bar. The only person that's going to look like a fool in this situation is him, if he doesn't deliver so what has he got to lose? If this is how he psychologically prepares himself and it works then he's gotta do what works for him to progress. The last time we had any Brits with that mentality they became world champions more than once (Foggy & Sheene spring to mind). Gotta remember his bikes a lower spec than Nicky's he's on Showa suspension and Nissin's brakes and Nicky's an ex champ. I've always liked Scott's determination and his character, I say go for it mate, do us proud.

custard

March 27, 2014 8:49 AM

MotoGP » Redding: The target has changed…

Regarding the honda tank I would imagine there's something in the purchase contract that prevents them from modifying certain bits of the customer bikes. Japanese firms have always been protective of their factory machine / no.1 bike specs to make sure they stay at the front. Sheene used to ignore them and modify his bikes and that used to infuriate the people in charge, eventually to the point where it was detrimental to his racing career. So I imagine they have to be careful about what they modify.

custard

February 10, 2014 1:50 PM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi impressed by Open, Espargaro

My prediction is this. After Friday warm ups they'll make some calculations, then they'll suddenly realise the Factory bikes wont be able to make race distance and be competitive at the same time. Just like the Bridgestone debacle of last year's Phillip Island race, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they ended up shortening all the races by a lap or two to keep the big boys at the front.

custard

November 04, 2013 7:56 AM

BSB » Stuart Higgs (BSB Race Director) - Q&A

I don't know if liking the showdown is a minority these days, I reckon it's probably 50/50 just that people that dislike it are more vocal because people don't like change or something out of the ordinary. I didn't like the idea to begin with but after comparing dull 2009 and other mediocre previous seasons with the ones since we've gone right down to the wire with excitement. It gives teams that found their mojo in the second half of the season a chance, and millisecond phot finishes in the last race of the year. Just look at how exciting the last 3 races of motoGP have become because of recent events, causing a similar effect to the showdown, I bet more people are tuning in to watch the end of the season compared to if it was a foregone conclusion. It all makes perfect sense from a marketing point of view and that can only be good for longevity. I'm very pleased with how BSB is run compared to every other series. Great work and I hope it continues.

custard

January 06, 2014 1:47 PM

RR » TT blow for Hutchinson and Brookes

Going by the article everyone else already uses Motec which means all their sensors and related mechanical components will work with the dumbed down Motec software. SMR will have to replace the entire Magneti Marelli kit at a £30,000+ cost, not just the software. Then they have to develop it to gain the expertise required to go fast enough to beat everyone that's used to the kit. You don't just bolt it on and go fast straight away, it just doesn't work like that. It's a shame but that's how it goes these days as sponsors just don't have the extra cash to throw around anymore. It doesn't make business sense to change everything for one meeting, even if it is the TT.

custard

January 09, 2014 2:04 PM

MotoGP » Ducati switching to Open Class for MotoGP 2014?

I don't think either of them would be worried about which route they took if they gave Cal and Dovi a bike that can get them at the front and winning races. After all they are going to try it at the next test then make a decision. It'll still be a factory bike in the true meaning of the sense and it would be quite hilarious if either of them won the championship. Maybe the people that do the maths have worked out that you just can't get the performance you need on 4 litres less with their engine and software, after all it is a rule imposed by Dorna and probably based on some half brained theory. You never know it might set the Ducati engine free, I gather from what I've read the engine is a bit of a monster so maybe having more fuel to play with gives them more usability. I'm interested to see how this goes.

custard

January 03, 2014 1:40 PM

RR » Martin clocks up the miles in New Zealand

Excellent stuff! I've heard this is a great race meeting. I'd like to congratulate my Kiwi mate, Dwaine Bishop on winning the Bears series on his Aprilia Mile at the Cemetry Circuit. He managed to complete the entire race day without 1st gear too!!! Hmmm... I think this may be a good excuse to visit my friends in NZ next year and blow away those end of season blues :)

custard

October 30, 2013 2:18 PM

MotoGP » Michael Jordan Motorsport to MotoGP or WSBK?

If anyone has seen MJ interviewed at a race meeting it's obvious he's as passionate as Rossi about his motorcycle racing. It's a bit unfair for anyone to say he's running a team just because he can. He's built up his team using his own facilities rather than getting outside companies to do all the work. I say good luck to him whatever he chooses, good to see some American interest back in the sport. :)

1 2 3  »