Crash.Net User: 1Jez

Comments rating: 722
Position in rating: 151

Show Comments on:

1Jez

November 27, 2013 9:56 PM

F1 » Force India: Lotus a 'stumbling block' on driver front

@Optimaximal - so if RBR are Renault's pseudo works team, what does that make Lotus? They finished ahead of Force India as well. And McLaren certainly aren't a works team. I disagree that Red Bull is Renault's pseudo works team just because they don't pay for engines. That's a commercial arrangement for engine supply and support, not full in-house car development. However you define define the term, Force India did not finish as first "non-manufacture team". Instead of making stuff up that doesn't make any sense, how about simply saying that Force India finished an impressive 6th?

1Jez

November 27, 2013 1:53 PM

F1 » Force India: Lotus a 'stumbling block' on driver front

What the hell is a "non-manufacturer team" and how are Force India the first of them? Every team is required to manufacture their own chassis, so how is any team a "non-manufacturer"? Red Bull don't manufacture cars like Ferrari and Mercedes, so that can't be it as RBR won the championship. Red Bull is also a customer team for engines, so that can't be it. Damnit crash.net, stop making stuff up! :)

1Jez

November 26, 2013 1:25 PM

F1 » Maldonado 'close' to 2014 deal

DM25 - Grosjean was making errors, which he has been able to learn from. Maldonado has a very poor attitude and that is much harder to turn around. Case in point is Spa 2011 when Maldonado deliberately rammed Hamilton. Also look at his comments regarding the team in Texas. He has the record for receiving the most penalties in an F1 season. This is not the same as turning around Grosjean's errors. I think Taz has hit the nail on the head regarding Grosjean v Maldonado. I completely agree - there will be a point when Grosjean is thumping him and the toys will end up out of the cot.

1Jez

November 26, 2013 2:59 AM

F1 » Maldonado: Williams 'will stay in my heart forever'

believeme5 - I'd go further than that and say there'd be champagne and cheers at Williams as Maldonado is bounced through the doors and onto the kerb, a la Moe tossing Barney out of his tavern. There is one thing I can't wrap my head around - Williams have demonstrated that the poor results Maldonado produces are not worth the millions he brings to the team. Williams are known to struggle financially, yet dropping him is still the preferable option. Knowing this, why are Lotus willing to pick up what Williams discards? Williams have snared a high quality driver who was pushed out of a top team (good on Williams), whereas Lotus seem to want to pick up an unsuccessful pay driver dropped by a mid pack team. I'll phrase it simply - Williams have decided that the money he brings doesn't justify giving him a drive.

1Jez

November 25, 2013 3:00 PM

F1 » Hulkenberg secures P10 in Drivers' Championship

Taipan, I take your point, but I blame Lotus for getting themselves in the position to need Maldonado's money in the first place. I think you could probably trace it back to ING bailing out of Renault after crash-gate. I think they've struggled since then, really. Eric Boullier has particularly mismanaged his drivers - I recall some fairly average comments he made relating to Kubica's possible return, he threw Heidfeld out on his ear only to bring in a rather useless Senna, Petrov was largely a failure, and let's not forget the financial treatment Raikonnen copped this year.

1Jez

November 25, 2013 1:30 PM

F1 » Hulkenberg secures P10 in Drivers' Championship

I just... I can't continue venting my frustration at this situation with Hulkenberg to a mid-pack team and Maldonado to a front running team. I'm over it. If Maldonado, who has finished dead last of the points scoring drivers - couldn't manage better than 10th all season - gets a seat in a quick car over Hulkenberg (or ANY driver for that matter - who has he beaten? Chilton, Pic, Bianchi and van der Garde. Wow. Be proud, Pastor.) then... SCREW YOU FORMULA ONE. In particular Eric Boullier. With Maldonado driving, I hope Lotus finish dead last to teach Boullier a lesson.

1Jez

November 19, 2013 5:32 AM

F1 » Hulkenberg has options as Sauber opens arms

@JJ - not a bad theory. While I'd love to see Hulkenberg in a Lotus next year, all I REALLY want is that Maldonado, who is leading only the expansion team drivers in the WDC, is not rewarded with a top drive for his lack of results and recent petulance. It would upset me greatly if the driver with the worst results of all points scoring drivers in 2013 gets a seat up the pointy end of the grid for 2014. Let's just put this into perspective - Hulkenberg, in this unfinished season and without a win has as many points as Maldonado has achieved in the last three seasons COMBINED, including a win.

1Jez

November 18, 2013 10:33 PM

F1 » Vergne penalised for Gutierrez clash

Oh come on, you lazy excuse for a journalist! "twelfth on the road to 16th" is bad enough, but "drive-thru"? This is a published article, not a text message. For a start, you at least need to be consistent within an article, let alone a single sentence. It's either twelfth and sixteenth or 12th and 16th, preferably the former, but don't mix them. Secondly, spelling through as thru' is just appalling for a so-called journalist. If you're not sure of the spelling, use a spell checker, if you do know how to spell "through", then stop being lazy.

1Jez

November 18, 2013 1:40 PM

F1 » Hulkenberg has options as Sauber opens arms

Where do I donate to help Lotus buy a Hulk? I wonder if that Quantum money could come with a new team principal to replace Boullier... Seriously though, it's so backwards that the world's premier racing category could end up with the world's premier drivers sitting on the sidelines because of some flog with a big purse. I think some regulation changes with regard to team funding are in order. Perhaps regulating the way drivers are paid, salary caps (as in various football codes) or prize money changes.

1Jez

November 16, 2013 3:09 AM

F1 » Lotus stint would have been 'too risky' - Hulkenberg

@marcus56 - you're entitled to your opinion, but I think you're about the only person on the planet that thinks that Hulkenberg isn't fast enough. Do you not recall his drive for pole in Brazil in 2010 in a Williams? This was in a year when every other pole position went to Red Bull, Alonso or Hamilton. That was a brilliant show of talent and inclusion in a very exclusive list. @roadburner - yes, that 30mil would look tasty to any team, but Lotus have Quantum's money now, which means they can afford a good driver instead of chasing a cheque. Besides, Maldonado's money just gets spent on car repairs, fines, or is lost in WCC prize money they would have made with Hulkenberg.

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »