Crash.Net User: JimmyJimmy

Comments rating: 1629
Position in rating: 59

Show Comments on:

JimmyJimmy

June 03, 2013 5:07 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: Bautista 'closed the line, but I was in front'

Before I'm accused of being a Rossie fanboy, I'll start by saying I've been a staunch Stoner supporter for years and I despise the yellow brigade. That being said, I'm going to respond to some of the wacky interpretations of the accident between Rossi and AB. Some of these wacky interpretations range from "it's Rossi's fault" to "it was a racing incident". When one racer torpedos another, as AB did to Rossi, it's not a "racing incedent" - it's brainless racing. Rossi and AB collided between the connected left and right handers. These corners form a switchback - in between the corners, you have to switch from one side to the other. In this case, the switchback is in the form of a recovery from the right to setting up to the left for the entry of the second corner of the switchback series of corners. In this particular case, the switchback required is about 1-2 metres of right to left movement, dependng on how the first corner is taken. On the exit of the first corner AB's front...

JimmyJimmy

June 03, 2013 5:08 AM

MotoGP » Rossi: Bautista 'closed the line, but I was in front'

cont... On the exit of the first corner AB's front wheel was behind Rossi's rear wheel. Rossi ran slightly wider than the ideal and AB was able to gas it earlier than Rossi. AB was able to get his machine all the way along side Rossi's. Unfortunately, he put himself plum inside Rossi's switchback zone, which was simply stupid riding. But that is not what caused the accident. Rossi didn't even have time to execute his switchback because AB didn't just ride into Rossi's switchback zone, he rode right through it and into the side of Rossi just as Rossi was about to shift to the left to setup his entry to the second portion of the switchback. Besides the milliseconds prior to the contact, there was no way for Rossi to see AB, particularly given that Rossi would have been looking ahead and to his right. Rossi did nothing wrong and he had no way to avoid this. The only person who could have avoided this is AB by neither riding into or through Rossi's switchback zone.

JimmyJimmy

June 02, 2013 8:07 AM

MotoGP » Mugello: Pole man Pedrosa makes his ‘one chance’ count

"Put Rossi on that Honda and he would outqualify the two Spanish midgets by at least two seconds. " If he can't outqualify his team-mate, the satellite yamaha, or the uncompetitive Ducati, I doubt he could jump on the factory Honda and outqualify either Pedrosa or a fit Marquez. Rossi has had two opportunities in recent times to hop on his opponents' machine and show that he could outperform them. At the end of the 2010 season he jumped on Stoner's Ducati and could not get within 1.5 seconds of Stoner's times on the same machine. In 2013, Rossi is riding the same machine as Lorenzo and is regularly over a half second off Lorenzo's pace. In racing, he hasn't come close to competing with Lorenzo. Rossi was great in his day but his days of greatness probably came to an end when he broke his leg, his first significant racing injury.

JimmyJimmy

June 01, 2013 7:43 PM

MotoGP » Mugello: Pole man Pedrosa makes his ‘one chance’ count

Pedrosa showing what a tough little rooster he is. Great effort. Marquez is going to have to try to eek out a decent result in the race, carrying his injuries all the way. Rossi might keep him pretty busy this race. I've got to take my hat off to Dovi. I'm not a realy Dovi fan but his efforts on the Ducati have been a real lift to the spirits. By race end, he's really not doing much better than Rossi was doing on the Ducati but the heart and gusto Dovi is riding with in qualifying and racing puts Rossi's efforts on the Ducati in 2011 and 2012 to shame. Great job Dovi.

JimmyJimmy

May 25, 2013 2:00 PM

MotoGP » POLL: Who should be Suzuki’s number one target for MotoGP?

To get around personal bias, I think a more interesting question would be, "Who would Suzuki like to be their number 1 rider?" My prediction on what Suzuki would be thinking... Option 1 - Stoner. Option 2 - MM Option 3 - JLo Option 4 - Pedrosa Option 5 - Dovi Option 6 - Crutchlow Option 7 - It really doesn't matter if you get this far. Just work through the list unti you get a "yes".

JimmyJimmy

May 20, 2013 1:44 AM

MotoGP » French MotoGP, Le Mans - Race Results

cont... This guy is da bomb. Even Stoner on this year's Honda would find MM a challenge, especially as MM gets more experience. If Stoner comes back, I'll still be cheering for him but I'd be cheering for MM too. I hope Stoner does come back but if he does, he's going to have to man up because MM would make things very physical, something Stoner, JJ and, to a leser extent, Pedrosa have trouble dealing with. Rossi... Well, I've been proven wrong. When he was on the Ducati, I was saying it would be business as usual if he ever got back on the Yamaha. I was wrong. He has lost what we had. I never agreed before, but it is clear to me his bad crash in 2010 has affected him and he is not the same rider. He is not riding with the same abandon he rode with prior to that. If I was betting on the 2013 champion, my bet would go on MM. I think only DNFs can stop him, so it comes down to how well he manages himself. Anyways, that's my take after 4 rounds.

JimmyJimmy

May 20, 2013 1:43 AM

MotoGP » French MotoGP, Le Mans - Race Results

Four races down and here's what we know... After round 1, it appeared that Yamaha had carried last year's advantage over the chatter-riddled Honda into 2013. Since then, it's clear that last year's chatter is a distant memory and the Honda has the edge - for now. Pedrosa has picked up where he left off last year. Very strong. Jorge is his usual self but this must feel like 2011 (when the Honda had the edge and two good riders) rather than 2012 (when his Yamaha had the edge and his primary rival self-descructed then injured himself). MM... Well... What can you say. What a revelation. I had my doubts coming into the year because plenty of 250 fast guys and word champions had made the step up, amongst a lot of hype, then failed dismally. (continued over...)

JimmyJimmy

May 19, 2013 2:11 PM

MotoGP » French MotoGP, Le Mans - LIVE!

Pedrosa, brilliant. Crutchlow, excellent, close to the ride of the race with that injury. Marquez, so good, ride of the race after a bad couple of laps. Dovi, brilliant. Hayden, very good.. Lorenzo, awful. Rossi, bad. Very happy for Ducati. Good to see Dovi riding the Duke with heart. Lorenzo 4, Rossi 0. Thought Rossi was going to finally get on the board in the battle of the team mates but he ended up crumbling.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »