Crash.Net User: JimmyJimmy

Comments rating: 1629
Position in rating: 68

Show Comments on:

JimmyJimmy

July 09, 2012 5:32 AM

MotoGP » Stoner: 'Win or bin' one turn early, slams marshals

@myself "Alex Hoffmann also mentioned on German TV that last year Stoner insulted his mechanics very badly after losing to Lorenzo in the battle for the 2nd place" I was a crew chief for quite a few years in the four-wheel arena. As an avid watcher of MotoGP I always like to pay attention to any footage of the riders talking with their crew chiefs to get an insight into how things seem to be going. I had noticed over the past few years that Casey often seems to be curt with his guys. That is not really an issue because, as a crew chief, you learn to deal with all kinds of personalities and if being how they are is part of what makes them fast, you don't mess with it. But this weekend, I saw something I had not seen before. Firstly, Casey seemed to be more negative toward his crew chief than usual - a lot more arm waving, a lot more face pulling. Secondly, and more signific

JimmyJimmy

July 09, 2012 5:34 AM

MotoGP » Stoner: 'Win or bin' one turn early, slams marshals

cont... I think his retirement and the stated 'logic' behind his retirement very much have a 'taking my bat and ball' feel. Basically, the (MotoGP) world is not behaving as he wishes, particularly in regard to how it views and treats him, so he's going to refuse to participate even if it is to his own detriment - classic case of cutting of your nose to spite your face. The indications were there years ago when, a world champion at age 21, he publicly questioned why some of Rossi's gear fetched more at a fan auction than some of his gear. There's nothing inherently wrong in thinking that, but it does indicate the thinking of someone whose idea of the recognition he derserves is at odds with the reality of the situation. His retirement decision, in my opinion, was the result of mental anguish related to the difference between his idea of the recognition he should be receiving and the recognition he was actually receiving. And I think hi

JimmyJimmy

July 09, 2012 5:33 AM

MotoGP » Stoner: 'Win or bin' one turn early, slams marshals

cont... Secondly, and more significantly, for the first time I have seen, I saw his crew chief argue back at him rather than just nod and take it as he usually does. My take on it is this (and you have to keep in mind I'm a huge Stoner fan, not a Stoner basher). I think Stoner, mentally, is currently off the rails. He may get himself back on the rails, and I hope he does, but, right now, he is off them. I've had these suspicions for a few weeks now, but the comments attributed to him in this article and what I saw of him with his crew chief this weekend have sealed it for me. Mentally, he is not where he needs to be. His comments above are simply vile nonsense. Before the race he had positive things to say about the track. If he had won, he would have had nice things to say about the track. But to speak out about the track, the marshalls and Dani simply because he lost, is simply childish. And this is something I've come to learn about Casey. He is very much like a spoilt child. I

JimmyJimmy

July 08, 2012 6:25 PM

MotoGP » Stoner: 'Win or bin' one turn early, slams marshals

I'm a huge Stoner fan but I am not a fan of what I just read. He criticized the marshalls and the track, and disrespected Dani. Even if everything he said is true, you simply don't say it. Very poor. Today, Dani was good and Casey stuffed up. If you're going to call it as it is, say that. I really like him as a person and a racer, but he needs to straighten his attitude out.

JimmyJimmy

July 07, 2012 2:55 PM

MotoGP » German MotoGP, Sachsenring - Qualifying

@Ammar "there arent any good bikes left....honda he separated badly and cant get....the yamaha has lorenzo and 3 ppl fighting for the 2nd bike already....his only way may be to buy his way through(main sponsr)....and the 4 bike/team rule doesnt help " I agree and I think this answers your previous question. You asked why was Rossi so hellbent on re-signing with Ducati. Well, I don't think he is that hellbent on re-signing with Ducati. He's just not stupid enough to burn that bridge as well so he is just saying how keen he is to re-sign with them thus giving himself that avenue if he can't find a good seat elsewhere. I may be doing him a dis-service but that's my take on things.

JimmyJimmy

July 07, 2012 3:27 PM

MotoGP » German MotoGP, Sachsenring - Qualifying

But what I'd like to see most of all is for Stoner to change his mind about retiring and be on a factory Honda or Yamaha and see Rossi on a factory Honda or Yamaha. We'd have Lorenzo, Stoner and Rossi all with a massive point to prove. What a show that would be. May the best man win. If Dorna are not in the middle of trying to make that happen, they've got rocks in their heads. I'm so pissed off Stoner is retiring. I really feel like flying over there and smacking him around a bit lol

JimmyJimmy

July 07, 2012 3:08 PM

MotoGP » German MotoGP, Sachsenring - Qualifying

@hoppy ".But i will add that i want to see Val stay with Ducati and get some good results on it rather than walking away in defeat" I think a lot of people want to see that. I just can't see that happening. There isn't even a glimmer of a suggestion of a hint that this is anywhere in Ducati's short-to-medium future. The bike is that bad. I tell you what I'd like to see... Remember at the Valencia test days at the end of last year's season, Suzuki had someone (de Puniet?) come and ride their bike for one day of the test? I'd like to see Stoner, as a free agent at the Valencia tests at the end of this year, spend a day on the Duke and a day on the Yamaha. I think we'd see something special. He's already shown us something special by dragging the duke to pole positions and victories and podiums in the past. But I'd really like to see what he could do on the current Duke and Yamaha before he leaves. Wishful thinking I know.

JimmyJimmy

July 07, 2012 2:41 PM

MotoGP » German MotoGP, Sachsenring - Qualifying

Ammar, I'm confused by a few things when it comes to Rossi. Last year, Rossi had Hayden's measure. Not so this year. Why? Has he failed to adapt to the 2012 tyre as well as Hayden? Has he lost heart? After a total of 18 months on the bike and numerous changes to the bike under the direction of him and his team, he seems to be going a little bit worse than he was going at this stage of the season last year. Why? He has some good wet meetings, then has absolute disasters (like Silverstone 2011) - and this weekend does not look good. Why? I can't even come up with a decent guess that explains all that.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »