Crash.Net User: DafyddLarcombe

Comments rating: 953
Position in rating: 192

Show Comments on:

November 24, 2014 3:02 PM

F1 » Wolff expects Hamilton contract talks in December

Yes I definitely think that Mercedes can see the advantage of having Lewis stick around. I think he is very popular all over the world and gaining in popularity all the time. I think there will of been a lot of people rooting for him to win the Title yesterday and he will be even more popular after securing the Title yesterday F1 is similar Football in terms of its commercial aspect. If you have a star player who can score goals and fill the grandstands then he is extremely important to the Team. Lewis is very popular all over the World and that hasn't gone unnoticed by his Employers I think Lewis is the F1 equivalent of Gareth Bale in Football and will get his retainer without too much bother, just like Gareth Bale did and will again

November 21, 2014 2:53 PM

WRC » Ott Tanak secures M-Sport Ford WRC drive

I cant help feeling that even though Tanak has not really driven a WRC Car for the last two years (apart from this seasons Sweeden, Portugal and more recently Rally GB) and thus being a little Rusty, He will fare better than Paddon perhaps would or indeed will. Both Paddon and Sordo bring substancial funding with them, yet Hyundai chose Sordo over Paddon for the official 2nd seat at Hyundai. I think Malcolm also had doubts about Paddon being able to make the grade and ended up chosing Tanak. Paddon could still feature as a private entry for either M-Sport or Hyundai N We know that Tanak has the speed though, and like a few others in the WRC he just needs to temper his speed and gain some consistency. Latvala and more recently Meeke have both seemingly managed this and are much more competitive and confident drivers now they have turned that corner

November 21, 2014 10:46 AM

WRC » Ott Tanak secures M-Sport Ford WRC drive

Well this is good for M-Sport, now maybe the focus can be more on finding a strong Primary Sponsor for 2015 which would give M-Sport a shot in the arm and enable the Team to strengthen their attack on next year Tanak has not really performed to his potential this year, but hopefully Malcolm can bring out the best in him in 2015. Malcolm has a knack doing that with young drivers who show potential It seems fairly obvious that Citroen will soon confirm Mads for next year as he was one of the potential replacements being considered at M-Sport for Mikko but that is surely not going to happen now I would love to see M-Sport fight for regular podiums next season with both its drivers, I think next year will be a lot more interesting than this year

November 25, 2014 10:59 AM

WRC » Loeb returns to WRC for Monte Carlo Rally

The Bottom line is Loeb is a Superstar, Not only does the Sport Need him but Citroen clearly need him back too If he did return full time he would be regularly fighting with Ogier and Latvala and possibly Meeke and Neuville for wins and maybe he wouldn't be quite as dominant now so it could go either way on every Rally. I am sure Loeb would enjoy having to fight harder for any victories and find it more satisfying The Fact that Citroen have not yet announced a new contract for Mads could mean that they are waiting for Loeb decide if he will return for a full season depending on how the Monte goes for him. The problem would be his WTCC contract, but maybe Citroen are trying to work something out so he could return to the WRC I would personally love to see him return and fight again for another Title.

November 24, 2014 2:39 PM

F1 » Hamilton: This title means more than 2008

I don't follow F1 much, WRC is my sport, but I had the pleasure of watching yesterdays final Race of 2014 and seeing an impressive Lewis Hamilton lead from start to finish to win his 2nd World Title and do it in style. I have followed his season this year but more so because he had a good chance of the Title No one is perfect, Diamond earings, comments / friends with Niko / not friends with Niko, who cares ! He is Good for the Sport and I am happy that he is British and that we have a driver of his calibre to follow and cheer for. I think he fully deserved to win the Title and his 11 race wins compared to Nicos 5 proves that, especially as Lewis had a DNF 3 times I agree with some previous comments, he is well spoken, he is genuine, he is steely determined to succeed and I really hope this is not his last World Title. I am really happy also to see his Family and Nicole there supporting him too, I know he hasn't always had that luxury. Having a close Family connection is Awesome

November 21, 2014 10:54 AM

WRC » Elfyn Evans retains M-Sport Ford seat

I had no doubt in my mind about Elfyn being signed for another season with M-Sport. He has shown Fantastic progress this year and I am sure that just like Meeke we will see him starting to push harder on Rallies next year that he has experience of from previous visits. I would expect at least a few podiums throughout next season not just for Elfyn but also maybe Tanak too. It is good that Elfyn has a Team mate his age and someone that he gets on with really well. I think the two crews will get on great and grow together and share and compare information that they learn in testing. This will help the team get the best results and move the car forward in terms of how competitive the car is against the competition

November 18, 2014 1:31 PM

WRC » Meeke signs new Citroen deal for WRC 2015

I am a Big fan of Jari Matti but if there is one driver I would like to see win a Rally from start to finish it would be Kris. I was pretty confident that his 1st season would be pretty much as it was. So I am very pleased for him and Paul If I am honest I probably was hoping that he would be a little closer to the battle for the lead on the weekend, but at the end of the day I am sure that Matton gave him a target to achieve before confirming his contract was renewed for next season A Podium was surely going to be suffice in order to bolster Citroens 2nd place in the Title chase and Kris being a clever cookie probably didn't want to risk pushing for anything higher than 3rd and possibly costing his employers 2nd place in the Manufacturers Race So a clever drive on the weekend, ok a small error towards the end of the Rally on a tricky and greasy left hand corner that almost cost him a result but a few points at the end was enough and he now has a nice shiny new contract for 2015

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  »