Crash.Net User: DafyddLarcombe

Comments rating: 785
Position in rating: 184

Show Comments on:

DafyddLarcombe

August 26, 2014 5:06 PM

WRC » Positive debut for Toyota’s GT86 CS-R3

well Crash.net seem to of initially used the picture of the more potent car built and driven by Tommi in Finland, so clearly maybe this is not the same car as appeared in Germany. The car in Finland was Turbo charged for sure and looked like it was 4 wheel drive too but I could be wrong about the 4wd bit as I was stood on a fast peace of road

DafyddLarcombe

August 26, 2014 4:15 PM

WRC » Positive debut for Toyota’s GT86 CS-R3

The car originally shown in the picture was the car that Tommi Makkinen built for Akido Toyoda and drove him through one of the stages on Rally Finland where I happened to be watching. I can say that it really impressed me as I did not expect this car. The original picture showed the car with the Neste Oil logo on the door, so it was the 4WD Turbo charged car that I saw on Rally Finland last month. If this car was an R3 Car then I can confidently say that it would easily beat the current R3 Cars, but then it was being driven by the scruff of its neck by a certain Tommi Makkinen when I saw it - lol, but crash.net have since updated the picture to show the correct and actual R3 car used in Germany which is certainly not the same Beast I saw in Finland

DafyddLarcombe

August 26, 2014 10:41 AM

WRC » Meeke blames 'optimistic' pace-note for crash

Cont : And once again, as predicted at the start of the season I say that Meeke has Blown Ostberg out of the water in the 2nd half of the season so far. This will only deflate Mads even more going forward as was the case with Neuville in M-Sport last year. Thierry started to out shine Mads regularly and suddenly became Malcolms new Blue eyed boy and Mads didn't handle that very well let that effect his Mental approach to his driving, this is something that a Top Rally driver can not allow to happen to himself, He felt that he had a second chance at Citroen, but now Meeke is to Citroen what Neuville was to Malcolm and once again Mads is feeling the Cold This is why I cant see Meeke being without a seat next year, if anything Citroen and M-Sport will be bidding for his services even though both Teams have a vastly shrunken Budget. Of course there are a few other drivers like Tanak and Tidemand who could fill the seats should there be any going.

DafyddLarcombe

August 26, 2014 4:30 PM

WRC » Meeke blames 'optimistic' pace-note for crash

lol, Kubica will be available providing his Sponsor Lotos is also available. I really don't see him being a Top driver. Yes he can be quick but not quite good enough to compete regularly to make a difference It will be interesting to see if he ever beats Elfyn ever again. I suspect that Elfyn not only moved ahead of Kubica in Germany but also his Team mate Mikko in terms of development My Dream Team would be Evans and Meeke both in Fiestas next year with Union Jacks on the Side Windows, but im not holding my breath A British Team. Cars made in England and Two drivers who carry the Union Jack Flag although from Wales and N.Ireland respectively. With Scotland maybe deserting the U.K soon it could be a perfect contribution from each of the remaining countries to make a perfect U.K Dream Team

DafyddLarcombe

August 26, 2014 10:55 AM

WRC » Latvala: We had victory within our grasp

This is a Real shame for Jari Matti, I am hoping that he snaps out of feeling bad though, as this is always his weakness. He has to shake it off and mentally be ready and be confident. It wont help if his Boss gives him a really hard time. The bottom line is he was 2 stages from the win and shouldn't of been looking for the odd second by pushing his luck on a corner like he described as doing reference his adjusted optimistic pace note. Instead he should of been thinking of lifting if the was any doubt. with 2 stages to go he wasn't chasing Victory, he should of been protecting Victory. I understand him not wanting to drive slow and lose the Rhythm, but the odd dodgy corner like the one where he went off was a no brianer. I am sure the Team will console him and gently tell him where he went wrong and his Mental coach will know how to handle him, but he needs to think differently when he is in that position in future.

DafyddLarcombe

August 26, 2014 11:03 AM

WRC » Nandan: Victory feels a bit like a dream

That's because it was a gift from VW and Citroen. Jari Matti fought all Rally for that Win and it should of been his for the taking. Its very Rare that a Victory is gifted on the Home straight like this, if I were Nanden I would be a little disappointed that their first win came about like this. a 3rd and 4th would of been a good Solid result and good progress. Its a bit like Mads Ostbergs only win so far that came after Mikko was Excluded in Portugal back in 2012. I don't really see it as a win. Victory should be Hard fought for, when Meeke crashed he had just taken 4.7 seconds out of Neuville the stage before. If anything it was Meeke that deserved to win as he was earning the victory and making it all his, even if it was in the last few stages.

DafyddLarcombe

August 27, 2014 10:00 AM

WRC » Positive debut for Toyota’s GT86 CS-R3

I understand that Akido Toyoda required a car to wet the appetite of the Board, so he approached Tommi to build the car for him. He himself is the Chairman of the board of Directors for Toyota but obviously he needs approval from the whole Board to be able to Sign off on a Full WRC Programme and Return to the Top Level of Rallying. He was somehow hoping that the Tommi Makkinen car would do the trick. I am not sure it did or has though, but maybe what VW and Hyundai have done in terms of success so soon after entering the WRC would be a much more convincing case for him and the Board of Directors, especially the escalation of progress and success of Hyundai since joining.

DafyddLarcombe

August 26, 2014 10:27 AM

WRC » Meeke blames 'optimistic' pace-note for crash

As stated in earlier posts, there are not many drivers available for M-Sport or Citroen and by the end of the season Meeke will either be Re Signed in a hurry or Malcolm will swoop on him, but there is no way the only Guy chasing Latvala and Ogier and making them nervous is going to be with out a drive in 2015. It seems the kerb that Meeke mounted on the fast right before he went off caused a puncture and that's what he was referring to when he said we hit something, even Paul (co-driver) asked if everything was ok after that. He should of been suspicious of a puncture, but when your in the lead like that, the last thing you want to do is brake on a flat out section of road to see how the car responds. He said he had a vibration so im sure he knew that it was over anyway. Its a shame as I think he fully deserved a win after all his efforts to get the drive and prove to everyone how good he really is. Especially after his Monster Finland performance and again in Germany.

DafyddLarcombe

August 26, 2014 11:10 AM

WRC » Neuville leads, Latvala and Meeke crash out

I think it was just the pressure of taking his 1st win. He just pushed a little too hard. He was making the odd minor mistake leading upto the accident, it was almost his though. I think he will of learned a lot from this and maybe he can be ready the next time he is leading (which shouldn't be long) I don't think Citroen are mad with him though, I think they are just pleased that they have a new Star to Lead them to future Wins. I think Meeke is worried more than Yves Matton. I think he will be just Fine. I think the only think Yves Matton is worried about is Malcolm chasing after Meeke for Next year

DafyddLarcombe

August 19, 2014 4:43 PM

WRC » German mileage and momentum the goals for Evans

I think even matching last years result will be a fantastic achievement when you consider that there are 5 additional works cars in the mix compared to last year, and all of them have massive experience and speed Last year the two VW polos hit trouble and this year there is an additional Polo for Mikklesen too. If Evans can get 6th place among all the other Factory drivers he should consider that a really Top Result as he is the Rookie and is very much in the learning process compared to all the other Factory drivers. I would suggest 7th would be the mark, given the speed of the 2 other M-Sport entries, 2 Citroen entries, 3 VW entries and the 3 Hyundai entries. If they all stay out of trouble Evans would be 11th by Default, but Evans is getting more and more confident and his speed is growing with every Rally. He wont be the Rookie for very Long. I am extremely impressed so far.

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  »