Crash.Net User: DafyddLarcombe

Comments rating: 964
Position in rating: 196

Show Comments on:

DafyddLarcombe

November 10, 2014 4:44 PM

WRC » ‘Pressure off’ for champion Ogier in Wales

I am not being horrible here, but I really Hope to see Latvala or Meeke or perhaps Mikklesen beat Ogier to the win on Rally G.B. Ogier has won the Title and that is now well and truly in the Bag for him, Im not suggesting that he just go round at Recce pace but I would love to see a Big Fight for the Win on G.B and someone else other that Ogier come out of that fight holding the Winners Trophy above their head, that's all..........

DafyddLarcombe

November 13, 2014 1:11 PM

WRC » Mikkelsen heads Volkswagen 1-2-3 in Wales Rally GB shakedown

Rather interesting results for Shakedown. I have a feeling that Mikklesen had been told on the last few events to try and avoid influencing the possible WRC Outcome regarding points available between Ogier and Latvala, but now he is free to fight for a his first win. I think Meeke is playing things really cool and possibly chose not to push too hard in Shakedown, instead he chose to keep a little speed in reserve for a stage 1 surprise. I have a feeling that we could see a Huge Battle for the lead between Meeke and Mikklesen this weekend Kubica was a surprise though, he did well to be 4th fastest. I don't think there was any Tactics from Mads, I just think he was simply 10th fastest, or as WRC put it.....equal 9th fastest - lol

DafyddLarcombe

November 17, 2014 4:22 PM

WRC » Wilson: Hirvonen and Lehtinen will be dearly missed

Yeah for sure Mikko will be really missed 3rd in Spain and 2nd on GB says that he was happy on the last 2 events Maybe he has been struggling with his decision all season and he made his mind up more recently and this is why he has had 2 Cracking consecutive results, this is the Mikko we knew was always in there somewhere At least he retires knowing he still had the old speed. He has had a Brilliant Career, one of few guys able to fight with and Beat Loeb at Full Chat 14 WRC wins is a very good CV when you consider Loeb was winning WORLD TITLES back to back with every win that Mikko achieved, poor Sordo wasn't so Lucky Oh well, at least he can sit his Grand kids on his knee one day and proudly tell them that if it wasn't for a certain Ford Focus Bonnet coming up on the last day of Rally GB in 2009 he would be a World Rally Champion Grandad who beat the Worlds best ever Rally Driver who was in his prime at the time

DafyddLarcombe

November 17, 2014 4:18 PM

WRC » Hirvonen bows out with second in Wales

DafyddLarcombe

November 18, 2014 1:31 PM

WRC » Meeke signs new Citroen deal for WRC 2015

I am a Big fan of Jari Matti but if there is one driver I would like to see win a Rally from start to finish it would be Kris. I was pretty confident that his 1st season would be pretty much as it was. So I am very pleased for him and Paul If I am honest I probably was hoping that he would be a little closer to the battle for the lead on the weekend, but at the end of the day I am sure that Matton gave him a target to achieve before confirming his contract was renewed for next season A Podium was surely going to be suffice in order to bolster Citroens 2nd place in the Title chase and Kris being a clever cookie probably didn't want to risk pushing for anything higher than 3rd and possibly costing his employers 2nd place in the Manufacturers Race So a clever drive on the weekend, ok a small error towards the end of the Rally on a tricky and greasy left hand corner that almost cost him a result but a few points at the end was enough and he now has a nice shiny new contract for 2015

DafyddLarcombe

November 10, 2014 4:37 PM

WRC » Frustration in Spain

Well I will be out on GB looking at the stages on Saturday and Sunday and will be watching Elfyn and Kris closely obviously I would love to see them both on the podium but realistically if Meeke could get 3rd and Maybe Elfyn 4th or 5th then this would be a fantastic Result I am guessing that a few of the Top drivers will have the odd issue or set back, Wales Rally GB is not an easy one, I am just hoping that our Boys have a Good Clean Run and manage to get a Good Result for themselves by the end

DafyddLarcombe

November 17, 2014 4:01 PM

WRC » Kubica: 50-50 if I stay in WRC

I think he will have this problem in any motorsport They say he cant do F1 with his disability but it seems that he also has issues with WRC, it would seem that his has difficulty especially on hairpins or any situation that requires a quick action from the driver He has shown great speed at times, this was more noticeable on Monte where slow correction of the car is better than sudden sharp movements, this would explain his speed there compared with other Rallies Maybe he will get similar dispensation in other forms of motorsport, either way he seems to be limited and restricted in The WRC. Maybe Malcolm can see how he would progress if it wasn't for his disability and maybe this is why I just don't see why Malcolm predicts such great things from him. Maybe we don't realise how much of a restriction he has and that is fantastic in itself considering he is almost driving one handed in Rallies

DafyddLarcombe

November 17, 2014 4:07 PM

WRC » Tanak hoping Welsh result 'good for future'

I wasn't so sure this was a contract clinching Result, maybe a podium would of been impressive, but seventh after Latvala dropped behind him was not so impressive He could come Good, but then again there are not exactly lots of Good drivers out there who are looking for a seat If I had to chose I would be a tad more inclined to give Tanak a contract that say Paddon I don't think Meeke and Ostberg will be available for much longer and then you have Tidemand or maybe Lappi or someone like this Stephane Leferbve could soon be contracted to drive and test for Citroen long term with a view to a future contract so drivers are seemingly on Teams Radars a lot sooner than the old days. The Ladder of Opportunity is certainly finding the Up and coming drivers of tomorrow

DafyddLarcombe

November 14, 2014 10:45 AM

WRC » Mikkelsen heads Volkswagen 1-2-3 in Wales Rally GB shakedown

Oh well, seems I was wide of the mark with my predication, Mikklesen has already gone off in SS1 pushing too hard and Meeke is experiencing poor road conditions further back and is having a tough morning having to be a bit cautious I guess being 1st on the road is a luxury this morning but then again you don't win 2 world titles by chance, a World Champion would be expected to be close to the Top in any battle and Ogier is certainly proving that theory to be correct Lets hope that Latvala can make a charge later on this afternoon and keep his nose clean. Maybe Latvala can close the Gap right down to end the day a handful of seconds behind Ogier going into the overnight Halt

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  »