Crash.Net User: DafyddLarcombe

Comments rating: 584
Position in rating: 223

Show Comments on:

DafyddLarcombe

January 20, 2014 2:48 PM

WRC » Wilson keen to get Bouffier out again

I just thought I would say that whilst I do not wish to add insult to injury, it only goes to show that what the Fiesta WRC is and was capable of. It has to be said that I was a little bit surprised at Mikko and his lack of pace on Monte, I thought he would of been comfortably fighting for a Podium place on the Monte with all his experience. Sweden is next up and it will be his chance to Redeem himself. If he is once again off the pace in Sweeden it will be a sign that he will struggle for the rest of the season. I hope Malcolm can help him unlock his old speed, and fast..........

DafyddLarcombe

January 27, 2014 12:46 PM

WRC » Tidemand wins Rally Sweden 'warm-up' event

Wow ! Pontus was just over a second per kilometre faster than Mads albeit he was on the narrower type of tyre currently not permitted on a WRC Rally and I would put Mads as one of the favorites to win in Sweeden. Maybe I should Re-evaluate my prediction of the Top 12 for Sweeden lol This Guy could be another Mats Johnsson and give the works boys a hard time on his home event, although Pontus is now The 2013 Junior Champion so he should get a lot further in the Sport than Mats Johnsson did. I hope like Evans and Meeke this guy is also given chance to prove what he is capable of in a WRC Car. He was 4th at theend of day 1 last year before issues with the car.

DafyddLarcombe

January 27, 2014 12:59 PM

WRC » Ostberg second on Mountain Rally

I don't even think using the WRC wider tyre was Mads decision to make here, Citroen wanted to get the info and invested in heavily in entering Mads in the Mountain Rally so this was simply Pre Sweden preparation and the best kind. In all fairness to Pontus he was just getting used to his new WRC Fiesta again and needed to impress the eyes upon him. By winning the Rally and beating mads on every single stage this made the kind of statement to Team Bosses that Pontus needed. Now all he has to do is get a Top 5 Result overall on the Rally to concrete himself in the Team Bosses thoughts, or maybe run in the Top 3 if yet again the car lets him down. I think we will see a lot more from this youngster in the future though, especially as he is Henning Solbergs step son

DafyddLarcombe

January 24, 2014 1:19 PM

WRC » Meeke: Result could have been better

Very sensible Approach from Meeke on Monte, I do think we will see him more sensible in his approach on the next few events, 3rd on his 1st Rally with a Full season and driving with a cool head shows what he is capable of, maybe with this approach he will get a Top 5 in Sweeden and Portugal too, for sure he is less likely to go off if he is not Pushing 110% Mads should be able to push for the win in Sweeden, Im not sure Mikko will bring is A Game and Latvala should be a big threat for Mads. I think Ogier will probably either get stuck in a snow bank somewhere or he will win I think Meeke will be swapping times with Neuville Hirvonnen and Haninnen in or around 5th place overall. If all the Works cars were to finish I think it would look like this : 1.Ogier 2.Latvala 3.Ostberg 4.Hirvonnen 5.Meeke 6.Mikklesen 7.Hirvonnen 8.Tanak 9.Haninnen 10.Kubica 11.Tidemand 12.Prokop or Henning

DafyddLarcombe

January 24, 2014 10:46 AM

WRC » Strong sixth on Rallye Monte Carlo

cont : I would even predict that a podium place could be possible before the end of the year, but this year is a Development year and a very Steep Learning Curve for Elfyn so he is under no pressure from Malcolm to get specific results, there is no Major Team Sponsor at the moment so Malcolm had the Luxury of deciding who he wanted to drive his cars without any outside influence what so ever and his intelligent plan was to use this year to give Elfyn a massive opportunity and develop him through 2014 I would imagine that Elfyn will be able to regularly fight for Podiums in 2015 and that is the Job of any good number 2 driver along with consistency and continuity. I just Hope Mikko can find his feet and Rise to the challenge of being Lead Driver for the Team and to start pushing for the wins and getting regular Podiums like he always seemed to do with Ease whilst at the same time taking Elfyn under his wing and helping with his development like Marcus did with him in 2006 & 2007

DafyddLarcombe

January 24, 2014 10:36 AM

WRC » Strong sixth on Rallye Monte Carlo

for KrisHx I know what you are thinking and Malcolm only had the best interests for his son matt in mind at the time, with any driver it is important to gain as much knowledge as possible and finishing Rallies and getting competitive mileage is crutial to the drivers Development. I have no doubt that Elfyn has the speed to fight for Top 5 positions right now and he will slowly let his speed build with every event. I don't think the plan is to cruise around for 5 years getting top 6 and top 7 results then suddenly being let off the leash, I think he can push as hard as he is comfortable doing without stepping over the line, this line will keep moving until he can eventually win Rallies without stepping over that line Don't forget just over 2 years ago Elfyn was still doing British Championship Rallies in a Fiesta R2 car and now he is Team mate to Mikko Hirvonnen in the M-Sport 1st Team. He has obviously impressed Malcolm hugely and I think he will Reward Malcolm in no time at all, I w

DafyddLarcombe

January 23, 2014 10:08 AM

WRC » Wilson keen to get Bouffier out again

Cont : That small detail makes all the difference when you are trying to secure a seat in the WRC. Bouffier is certainly No Rookie, he has extensive experience and given that he is fairly new to WRC machinery it is quite refreshing how well he performed on Monte 2014, his previous best finish here in a WRC Car was an impressive 5th place a DS3 WRC Malcolm is right to be keen to get him out again asap

DafyddLarcombe

January 22, 2014 4:34 PM

WRC » Strong sixth on Rallye Monte Carlo

Im glad crash did a post on Elfyn, (pronounced Elvin) he drove with a very sensible head, 1st Monte Carlo and 1st drive as effectively a Factory driver in that he has a Full spec car with testing etc. Great Mature Drive, he didn't get flustered by drivers catching and passing him on the leader board, it was a really calculated and good sound drive from Elfyn. Seeing all the stages and clocking up the Full distance will pay dividends for him next season, he cant improve if he is sitting in the service park looking at a crumpled car. With any Luck he will Improve exponentially as the year goes on

DafyddLarcombe

January 23, 2014 9:57 AM

WRC » Wilson keen to get Bouffier out again

I think Taz is right ! we don't need to wait all season to judge Sordo, in any case, he will not be driving the rest of the season, such is his average form on gravel events he has only been chosen to do Germany, Spain and France. Even with Top drivers spread thin around teams this year he could not get a Full time seat with Hyundai. This is not a personal attack on him, merely an observation of the facts He has had a good run of chances with Citroen, granted he was asked to fall back a few times when he was getting too close to Golden Boy on Asphalt but in this Sport you need to be quick on every surface and he just never got there, he has been Really quick on Gravel the odd time, but that's all it has been, the odd time, out of the Blue I just think if I was Nanden I would of chosen Bouffier (certainly no Rookie) as he is on the way up rather than Sordo who is on his way out, but I know that Sordo brings money so that's probably the reason. That small detail usually makes all the d

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  »