Crash.Net User: DafyddLarcombe

Comments rating: 881
Position in rating: 164

Show Comments on:

DafyddLarcombe

October 06, 2014 1:15 PM

WRC » Wilson: Evans absolutely sensational in France

I have to say, I am a little surprised at how quick Elfyn has progressed in the second half of the year. Lets not forget that this is still his first Full Season in a WRC Car and last year he was mostly driving the R5 Car To be putting in times that would put him in a podium place without mass attrition is nothing short of staggering. I guess for me its like a dream to see a fellow Welshman doing so well in the WRC. This is really a first for Wales that we have had a driver so far up the leaderboard again and again I really wanted to see him do well this year, but I didn't dream of him doing this well. I can easily see this young Talented Guy winning a Rally in the next 12 months at this rate. He is super cool and mature and I think he has speed in reserve that he rightly doesn't want to release until he feels comfortable doing so. I think I am almost as surprised as Mikko probably is. Well Done Elfyn, Amazing Progress.

DafyddLarcombe

October 06, 2014 10:07 AM

WRC » French asphalt win keeps Latvala in championship hunt

Well done to Jari Matti and Mikka Antilla on their maiden Asphalt win Now all they have to do is Win in Spain and hope that Ogier doesn't score too many points in the power stage too Obviously if Jari Matti is able to score higher than Ogier in Spain then the Title can only be decided on Wales Rally G.B. This could make it very difficult for Ogier to drive on gravel for a finish as he will be used to how the Polo drives only at 100 percent flat out, so maybe he will find it strange to drive at a much safer 95 percent and would be more likely to make a mistake Latvala is on a Role and can only Win the Title, while Ogier has it all to lose

DafyddLarcombe

October 06, 2014 1:05 PM

WRC » Ogier: I will take title in Spain

Brave words from Ogier, he does need 1 more point than Latvala in Spain to secure the drivers World Championship which means he would more then likely need to win in Spain in order to achieve that goal. With only 1 more Rally after Spain I think I would be more cautious and just settle for a Podium place in Spain and a Top 6 in GB in order to increase the odds of securing the Title. By putting himself under immense pressure to Beat a steely determined Latvala in Spain will mean taking huge risks. Latvala has nothing to lose by driving out of his skin in Spain, but Ogier could lose it all if he goes off and Latvala wins yet again. I am glad he is going for broke though as I will be present on Rally Spain to see the battle for myself.

DafyddLarcombe

October 06, 2014 12:57 PM

WRC » 'Exemplary performance' puts Meeke on podium again

I think that Meeke has now reached a more relaxing level where he has got a lot less pressure on himself to prove what he can do Everyone clearly knows exactly what he can do and he is starting to become the best of the rest on a fairly regular basis too I think he could well be on the Podium again in Spain and I personally think that we will be in for a Real Treat when it comes to Rally G.B. with a Big Push from Kris for the Win there. I have No Doubt in my mind that Kris is seen as the Primary Driver in Citroen Team and is in no danger of being left without a drive in 2015. In Fact I am sure that he would be snapped up by either Malcolm or Nanden if Citroen failed to sign him for some reason, but I don't even think either Team manager is dreaming that such a move is possible. I think he is as good as signed already.

DafyddLarcombe

October 06, 2014 1:33 PM

WRC » Sordo 'sorry' for Kubica

I don't wish to be so openly critical of Kubica, but as I stated last year, I just don't see the true potential in this guy. Everytime he pushes he just goes off. He made several mistakes along the way in France and clearly isn't quite on the right track Lots of drivers have shown promise but have the same issue of going off when they really push, Tanak and Novikov are two recent drivers that suffer a similar fete, Tanak may yet still come through given the right coaching Kubica could also finally pull through, but this could be after a few more million in repair bills. I think we have a Real Diamond in the rough in the form of Elfyn Evans though and Meeke for that matter. I think both of these drivers are going to get there much quicker and cheaper - lol Great to see the Union Jack on both cars that are doing so well

DafyddLarcombe

September 30, 2014 4:55 PM

WRC » RX: ‘Dream come true’ as Solberg celebrates RX title

I just wish my family were here with me, my wife Pernilla and my son Oliver are back home because Oliver won the Norwegian Crosskart Championship yesterday. I have to thank them and my whole team who have worked so hard to make this happen, they really do an incredible job and have worked day and night for a lot of the season. Solberg, who has not competed in WRC since 2000, becomes the first driver to become an FIA World Champion in two different disciplines. OOPS Slight Error Above there guys, Solberg won the WRC in 2003 as you stated But he competed in the WRC Right up until 2012 when he drove for Ford in their last season as the Ford World Rally Team in the Fiesta WRC

DafyddLarcombe

October 02, 2014 2:28 PM

WRC » Latvala leads way in Rallye de France shakedown

Well I am not surprised to see Jari Matti once again fastest in shakedown maybe a little surprised to see Meeke splitting him and Ogier though tbh I did think Elfyn would be around 5th or 6th but its just shakedown right. I think you could see a very crafty Ogier swapping fastest times with Jari This is probably just a sneaky ploy to make Jari think he is faster than him But Jari Matti is very smart and will probably laugh at this feeble plan of his Jari knows only too well that it will take a huge effort and luck to beat Ogier everyone else is where I expected them to be including Mikko and Mads Great to see a Finn beating the French again on Asphalt though Reminds me of Makkinen blitzing Panizzi ages in 99 in Sanremo

DafyddLarcombe

September 30, 2014 1:05 PM

WRC » Ogier looking to secure second title at home

If Ogier makes a mistake again then the Gap could be halved if Jari was to go on to win the event and also the Power Stage. This then puts the Huge pressure on Ogier in Spain and G.B. and he will not enjoy it as much. I suppose he is thinking that he can afford to risk crashing out and still be in front in the Championship by the time we go to Spain next month, but this is not the best way to win the Title for Ogier. If I were Ogier I would drive at 100% and see where Jari Matti is, If Jari Matti is pulling away as he did in Germany I would take the points and do the same again in Spain and guarantee myself the Title. I am sure Jari Matti will go 110% and gamble on it encouraging Ogier to do the same in the hope Ogier will go off again trying to beat him. A driver of Ogiers Calibre should come out with the Title, but this is where it could get interesting

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  »