Crash.Net User: DafyddLarcombe

Comments rating: 953
Position in rating: 192

Show Comments on:

November 06, 2014 1:40 PM

WRC » Hirvonen announces retirement from WRC

Of course the other possibility is that M-Sport could negotiate a deal with Citroen to do some kind of driver exchange with Kubica. This would probably suit M-Sport who would be able to drop the Pole in favour of a driver capable of racking up vital points in the WRC I am aware that Citroen are talking to Kubica so this would possible mean that no deal has yet been finalised with Both their current drivers. I have been saying this since Malcolm started raving about kubica and his tireless commitment and workrate at the start of the season, but I just don't see the magic in Kubica and don't see him reaching the very Top Either of the current Citroen drivers would be a welcome change for M-Sport than Kubica, I don't think Malcolm could cope with having both Kubica and Tanak in the Team at the same time. Ford could have to temporarily pull the availability of 3 door shells to catch back up I am eager to see who goes where. Feel free to post your thoughts guys....

November 04, 2014 11:32 AM

WRC » Sordo pens new two-year deal with Hyundai

Things are starting to fall into place now, Mikko will have only 2 choices, sign another 1 year deal with M-Sport or Retire from the WRC altogether Mads and Kris are now almost as good as signed with Citroen again and we know that Elfyn is not going anywhere at M-Sport. So apart from the possibility of a 3rd car at Hyundai for Paddon and a 3rd car at M-Sport for Kubica it seems almost all done and dusted Im not sure that Mikko will Retire after his surprise performance in Spain though. The new tyres will of given him hope and confidence going forward that he can still fight. Also I don't think Malcolm can afford to let a driver go who can fight all the other drivers for a podium place and come out on top. M-Sport are in a tough spot right now and need all the help they can get. The Sport itself needs 4 healthy teams all able to fight for the poduim

November 06, 2014 11:02 AM

WRC » Hirvonen announces retirement from WRC

Malcolm now has to make a swift decision about who will be the 2nd driver in the main M-Sport team for 2015. You could have Kubica bringing additional money from LOTOS and with it matching livery on both Cars, or you could see Malcolm trying to prize one of the Two Citroen drivers away from the French Team, but I am certain that Yves Matton has already cemented them in to his plans for next year, especially now that Mikko has officially announced his departure from the WRC Maybe Malcolm will bring Tanak back into the Team but this would need to be accompanied with some serious Bodyshop funding and Malcolm would need to start offering Night shifts to the lads to build up a supply of bodyshells ready for the new season. Maybe Malcolm will give the young Rookie Tidemand a chance but this would be akin to giving Elfyn a chance and really you need one Really experienced driver in the Team to Teach the Rookie the Ropes. This is where Mikko will be Sorely missed.

November 06, 2014 10:53 AM

WRC » Hirvonen announces retirement from WRC

What a Gentleman and a driver loved by all the Teams and drivers, a guy who won 15 WRC Rallies at a time when a certain Sebastian Loeb was winning consecutive World Championships. Who knows how many Rallies he would of won if Loeb hadn't been so Good This Guy even went toe to toe with Loeb for the Title in 2009 in Wales but as we all know that Frenchman was just a little bit too good and Mikko never got his hands on the Silverware, as they say........close but NO CIGAR I am sure that Mikko has made his decision a few months ago and like Loeb he has been pondering Retirement for some time. Its Ironic that he drove so well in Spain last month and im guessing he will really go for it in Wales later this month too. I wish him all the Very Best for the Future. Another Top Driver closes his Book on the WRC. He will be missed by All.

October 31, 2014 4:14 PM

WRC » Hirvonen back on podium with third in Spain

I thought that Mikko drove hard and fast in Spain. He seemed right on it every time I saw him, he seemed totally committed and one of the few drivers to leave his braking a bit late on the tarmac sections of the gravel stages on day 1 Though he has never won on Tarmac - when he left Ford Citroen bound he was getting close but sadly his form suddenly went a bit cold. In Spain he seemed to be right back there once again, so lets hope he can carry that form to GB and get another Podium there too Of course I would love to see Elfyn and Meeke fighting for the win on GB but maybe that's another year away for Elfyn, Maybe Meeke could sneak a maiden win there though and possibly a podium for Elfyn. but I am sure Latvala will want to win and probably will win

October 31, 2014 2:09 PM

WRC » VIDEO: VW, Ogier celebrate another WRC title win

Sorry Guys I was sleeping at the wheel for a few days there... Yes I was indeed away with WRC Rally Spain but as usual I was disappointed in the Spanish organisers and the Event, I also I noticed the Airport staff were very Rood to the passengers passing through customs on the way home, this just cemented a rather disappointing time away The Roads are fantastic but the 1st day was crap, on a WRC Event you want to see the best drivers in the world driving the best cars right on the very edge, but instead all you had was drivers breaking very early on the tarmac sections, and there seemed to be lots of those. There are many good gravel stages in the area so I have no idea why the organisers would use such sub standard stages on Day 1. Gravel should be gravel and Tarmac should be just that. Days 2 and 3 were Good but again, no spectator signs for them to follow, poor facilities, no food or refreshments available at spectator areas. Quite poor for a World Championship event I think

October 31, 2014 2:23 PM

WRC » Ogier: Fantastic feeling to be champion again

Yeah I totally agree Taz I am sure that Meeke has a fresh offer to stay with Citroen and Malcolm has already suggested that he would be interested in doing some kind of deal with Matton for im guessing Meeke if not Mads. Personally I cant see Mads moving back to M-Sport but then again I cant see Citroen giving up Meeke, he really has been superb this season in what is his 1st Full Season in the WRC top tier After his surprise podium in Spain Mikko could yet decide to stay on in the WRC for at least another season but I am sure that will all depend on how well he does on GB next month, the question is will he remain at M-Sport or could he become the as yet secret Hyundai number 2 driver, I have a feeling this could be on the cards If Mikko leaves M-Sport you could see Elfyn becoming their Lead driver and maybe Tanak or Tidemand becoming the Rookie drivers as obviously M-Sport are on a tight Budget and ideally would need a driver to bring money rather than get paid money

October 10, 2014 1:51 PM

WRC » Ogier: I will take title in Spain

One thing is for sure, If Ogier once again stumbles in Spain as he heaps the pressure on himself, it will only play straight into Latvalas hands. Rally GB has not exactly been a Great hunting ground for Ogier in the past and that's why he should play it safe in Spain, so he doesn't have to win on Rally GB This is how easy Latvala could become Champion : If Latvala were to score another victory in Spain and Ogier does in fact go off and score nothing then Latvala could be as much as 1 point in front in the Championship fight (depending on the outcome of Power stage) If Ogier goes into Rally GB 1 point behind Latvala then I would put money on Latvala emerging as World Rally Champion. All Latvala has to do is find some cheek to tell Ogier he is going to beat him in Spain and I think he could indeed pressure Ogier into fighting for the win which will increase the chances of Ogier going off

« 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  »