Crash.Net User: DafyddLarcombe

Comments rating: 494
Position in rating: 219

Show Comments on:

DafyddLarcombe

August 19, 2013 1:22 PM

WRC » Sordo: I know I can win

It would be awesome for Sordo to be able to win at least one of the 3 Rallies on tarmac I feel bad for him that the curtain is about to come down on his Career without a single WRC win Now it is evident how damaging it was for him to have been forced to slow and not fight Loeb for wins previously I really hope he can get a win somewhere

DafyddLarcombe

August 19, 2013 12:53 PM

WRC » Latvala after 'at least' second on Rallye Deutschland

Wow Latvalas English is almost fluent now, Awesome. I think a Podium is entirely possible for Latvala this weekend given his recent Tarmac pace I have a feeling Thierry and Ogier will probably fill the top 2 spots if all goes well for them both, but I also see Sordo and Latvala having a Huge Duel for the final podium step I believe from that group of 4 drivers only Jari Matti would be a suprise winner, the win could yet come from any of the other 3 Drivers, Sordo and Ogier will be determined to win but Neuville has a Natural speed and could be Ogiers biggest threat

DafyddLarcombe

August 16, 2013 2:05 PM

WRC » ERC: Skoda considers joining the R5 revolution

Well i cant see Skoda ever having the funding to produce a WRC as Parents VW already have that puppy They simply have to Launch an R5 as this is all they will ever be allowed to do. I am just surprised that they havnt done so by now As i said months ago, who would pay more than 100k Euros for a second hand S2000 car when you can buy a brand new R5 for 170k Euros and smash an S2000, just look how far off the pace Esapkka was in Finland, everywhere else he will be even further behind Shocking Decision making from the Head of Skoda

DafyddLarcombe

August 16, 2013 1:50 PM

WRC » Ogier: Why shouldn't we win in Germany?

Well the timing isnt perfect with Sordo being low on confidence but maybe this is the last for Danny Sordo to win and his only real chance to win a WRC Event, Ogier doesnt necessarily have to win so maybe he will avid getting into a assive fight and go for the points if Sordo is going all out for a win - which is what i would do if i were in his shoes Loeb will be back on France and Sordo wont be allowed to beat him anyway, Spain has the dreaded Sordo Gravel mix so this is it ! lets see if Sordo can pull his trousers up and put in the performance of a lifetime and beat Ogier fair and square. If he does Beat Ogier the Champagne will taste extra Good at the Finish. Good Luck Sordo, nice way to end his final season

DafyddLarcombe

August 13, 2013 2:25 PM

WRC » Meeke to replace Sordo for Rally Australia

I think it is also worth a mention that Ironically Mini elected to Retain Sordo and let Meeke Suffer by restricting him to the Bench When In Fact Sordo is the lesser driver and had they chosen Meeke they may just of been surprised by the results and perhaps may have attracted a Sponsor Now Mini are left in a totally desperate display of Weakness by Running a Talented Finn on Neste Oil Rally Finland in 1 off Bid to prove the car and the Team to potential sponsors. The Word Fate springs to mind here

DafyddLarcombe

August 13, 2013 2:08 PM

WRC » Meeke to replace Sordo for Rally Australia

lol, I don't think you have upset anyone, I think most people can see his potential, but like many talented drivers like Kris, Jari Matti, Neuville, Ostberg, Novikov etc etc they all tend to enjoy the scenery from time to time I am hoping that Kris will (as I mentioned last week) be considered for the Full Time seat with Citroen. If he does well in Austrailia I can see him doing GB to. I think it would be wise to try him in 2013 so they know what they have for 2014

DafyddLarcombe

August 09, 2013 2:39 PM

WRC » Al-Qassimi hints at further Meeke outings

As I mentioned in a Previous post on here, I think Citroen will be chasing him hard for 2014. Sordo Begged for the drive at Citroen after Citroen failed to sign Ostberg, he wanted just 1 more Full season to prove himself. The difference is that Kris doesn't need to Beg for the drive, everyone in the Sport knows how Hungry he is to prove himself and I think his Incredible performance in Finland last weekend proved it to any who had doubt Last WRC Event was Rally GB 2011, hadn't driven On Rally Finland for 7 years and he was right on the pace of Mikko,even taking over a minute out of Sordo on a few longer stages. He impressed and showed there are still available drivers out there with Top Pace and Ability. Shame he went off so close to the end.

DafyddLarcombe

August 08, 2013 4:28 PM

WRC » Sordo disappointed with distant fifth in Finland

Sordo has always Blown Hot and Cold, its a shame to see his pace once again suffer, perhaps it is too late for him to win on Asphalt now Several Times in the past he was ordered to slow down and drop back behind Loeb on Asphalt and was told that he would get his chance in the future, it never came. I think this is his last season for sure, its just a shame that as a Driver he could of won several WRC Events and now with time running out for him he faces Retirement from the WRC without a win. Very Sad for him. It wasn't Fair.

« 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  »