Crash.Net User: DafyddLarcombe

Comments rating: 633
Position in rating: 213

Show Comments on:

DafyddLarcombe

September 15, 2014 10:51 AM

WRC » Paddon takes career-best WRC car result

Good solid drive from the youngster, you cant argue with that performance. He was fighting with Mads and Mikko which is a good start. I would say that Hyundai have plenty of choice for next year. They could well chose for any of the following driver combinations : 1 Neuville 2 Sordo 3 Paddon (as a development driver) 1 Neuville 2 Hirvonnen 3 Paddon (as a development driver) Maybe Malcolm can take Sordo if Hirvonnen does indeed go to Hyundai as Sordo does come with strong funding and Malcolm could do with a paid driver to help with the costs. I would also sign Pontus too, but make sure this time it is water tight, unlike when he signed Petter in 99

DafyddLarcombe

September 15, 2014 10:28 AM

WRC » 'Strongest performance of season' for Meeke

Cont : I am going to be bold here, if Kris continues to fight at the front in France and Spain and maybe gets a double podium he could well go into Rally G.B looking for his Maiden Victory. I think if he can get on the Podium at least once on one of the remaining Asphalt Rallies, by the time Rally G.B he will of easily shown his value and will be feeling Really confident and under no pressure. I would also suggest that as soon as he has a signed contract for 2015 he will be even more relaxed and there is no way he will see Rally G.B as anything other than his Big Chance to Record his Maiden win in the WRC. Where better for a driver who carries the Union Jack on his Roof Vent to record his first ever WRC win than on Rally G.B. - the United Kingdoms home round of the WRC

DafyddLarcombe

September 15, 2014 10:17 AM

WRC » 'Strongest performance of season' for Meeke

Again, I don't like being critical of Rally drivers but I did say at the start of the season that by the second half of the season Kris would be the star in the Citroen Camp and that Mads would unfortunately be affected by this and his driving would suffer if Kris was to perform substantially better than Mads its strange how one driver can prosper and the other goes down hill, yet they both have the same opportunities and the same machinery. Its a similar story at the M-Sport Team, only the reasons are different. Its a shame for Latvala that he made a poor Tyre choice, I suppose if it had rained as he suspected, it would of been the better choice though, so I guess its just the luck of the draw. Well done to VW for wrapping up the Title, but Well done to Kris for his strongest performance yet. I think now he knows he is comfortable and he has now proved beyond a doubt what he is capable of (given a fair chance). He can just Relax and enjoy the driving from here on.

DafyddLarcombe

September 15, 2014 10:36 AM

WRC » Atkinson: Not the easiest of weekends

Like I said earlier in the week, Hyundai don't so much need information now they have plenty of that, what they need is Results. I used the word delirious to describe Chris before this event and I even joked that there was more chance of Alex Salmond conceding that we are better together as a Nation than Crapkinson breaking into the Top 10 on the first day. The sad part of that is that if Mads hadn't of had a minor issue on the last day Crapkinson would of indeed remained outside the Top 10 by the end of the Rally, let alone the first day. This Guy needs to save himself from further embarassment or simply stop suggesting that he can fight at the front. Frankly the reason I am letting him have it is that I feel that he constantly offends the current crop of talented Rally drivers by suggesting that he can be faster than them even after long spells away from the sport. I never rated him and I think maybe I was right.

DafyddLarcombe

September 12, 2014 10:51 AM

WRC » Ogier snatches Rally Australia lead

No Big Surprise to see Ogier has managed to Muscle his way to the front No Big Surprise to see that Meeke has been Leading for most of the stages No big surprise to see Crapkinson in 11th place nearly 3 minutes back from the Lead, even with a Much cleaner road. That is seriously slow compared to the guys up the front. I don't think the teams are climbing over themselves to sign him for next year as he hoped they might Good to see Mikko back up near the front having a Go though, he is only 7.9 seconds back

DafyddLarcombe

September 11, 2014 12:00 PM

WRC » Meeke tops Rally Australia shakedown

I suppose I better say something that is consistent to the Subject - lol I am not really surprised to see Kris setting fastest time in Shakedown The fact that Ostberg is 2nd fastest tells me that maybe Meekes performances in Finland and in Germany recently have maybe kick started the Team into getting back to winning ways again I really hope they can sock it to VW this weekend. The Sport really needs the competition and its just not acceptable to see VW Win time after time, yes it is maybe good for 1 person, Jost Capito, but even VW probably know that Victories are only good if they are hard fought for to prove that their car emerged infront in the fight I hope M-Sport can find their way back to the front at some point too

DafyddLarcombe

September 11, 2014 12:08 PM

WRC » Hirvonen: I know what I want next year...

I can see him going to Hyundai next year and taking the Full time 2nd seat I know he want to be in a Works Team but I think he has lost some motivation Motivation can be resurrected by certain things, including a fresh start Maybe he feels that he doesn't have a Full box of tools at M-Sport I dont think that money is an important factor in what it is that Mikko wants I think that Mikko want to feel like he has a chance to challenge for the win Maybe he feels that Hyundai have momentum and can take him there or maybe I am completely wrong.................

DafyddLarcombe

September 11, 2014 10:24 AM

WRC » Despite Germany, Evans will revert to type for Australia

I don't expect anything different from him. He has been such a Reliable Greenhorn all season and I think he is about to become a Full Share driver lol I would estimate that he will be in the Top 6 by the end of the event. 5th would be a Fantastic Result for him on his 1st visit, but he needs to drive at a comfortable pace and make the finish and get the valuable experience ready for next year You can see how much emphasis drivers put on experience, he is relying on tapping into the Vast experience of his Team mate Mikko to help him get a better understanding of the Nature of the stages. I am certain he will keep it on the island and will be there or there abouts at the end

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »