Crash.Net User: DafyddLarcombe

Comments rating: 785
Position in rating: 184

Show Comments on:

DafyddLarcombe

November 25, 2014 10:59 AM

WRC » Loeb returns to WRC for Monte Carlo Rally

The Bottom line is Loeb is a Superstar, Not only does the Sport Need him but Citroen clearly need him back too If he did return full time he would be regularly fighting with Ogier and Latvala and possibly Meeke and Neuville for wins and maybe he wouldn't be quite as dominant now so it could go either way on every Rally. I am sure Loeb would enjoy having to fight harder for any victories and find it more satisfying The Fact that Citroen have not yet announced a new contract for Mads could mean that they are waiting for Loeb decide if he will return for a full season depending on how the Monte goes for him. The problem would be his WTCC contract, but maybe Citroen are trying to work something out so he could return to the WRC I would personally love to see him return and fight again for another Title.

DafyddLarcombe

November 28, 2014 12:48 PM

WRC » Loeb returns to WRC for Monte Carlo Rally

I just cant see how driving in any form of Racing is better than being a Top Driver in the WRC, maybe with the exception of F1. I cant see how Loeb prefers going round in circles in WTCC car where the WRC is so diverse and every Rally is so different from Snow to smooth Tarmac, from Baking heat of Mexico to the slippery Muddy tracks of Wales I don't suppose he will be back Full Time, but it does beg the question : why is Mads still not signed when Kris was signed weeks ago. Contracts for Elfyn and Tanak were announced in tandem, but there seems to be a reason why Citroen have not announced Mads Is it the usual red tape and small detail that needs finalising, or is it because Citroen are trying to persuade Loeb back after a dismal season and he has agreed to do the Monte and see how he feels after that. Mads isn't going anywhere else because there is no where else for him

DafyddLarcombe

November 25, 2014 12:29 PM

WRC » Meeke signs new Citroen deal for WRC 2015

Haa, no Runnah, I don't wish that for Kris, I really hope he can fight Latvala and Ogier and come away with some Big Results In all fairness to Kris it is widely accepted that the VW does in fact have a performance advantage over both the Citroen and the Ford, the Hyundai seems to be almost on par with the other two as well which is good I think Kris would be right in there fighting at the front if the cars were closer Citroen have just announced some specific upgrades expected at various points of the 2015 season, so lets see if that allows them to catch up with VW a little. I think Loeb and Meeke would do some damage to VW if the Master was to return

DafyddLarcombe

December 01, 2014 11:34 AM

WRC » Kubica: 50-50 if I stay in WRC

Hi there Guys, don't wanna gate crash your debate about Kubica but there are no G forces in an F1 simulator, the biggest thing about F1 is the High G Forces and this is exactly where Kubica has issues with WRC I am sorry but he is simply NOT ABLE to drive an F1 Car, to have an issue in an F1 Car would be almost like suicide, but worse that that it could put another drivers life at risk due to his restrictions in the car At least when he goes off the road on a WRC event because of his disability it is only risking himself and his co driver and Rally cars are designed to withstand huge impacts as we have seen over the past few seasons

DafyddLarcombe

December 01, 2014 9:52 AM

WRC » Loeb returns to WRC for Monte Carlo Rally

Yeah this would be more suitable for Paddon as he usually doenst get a Full programme anyway, he is getting quicker and doesn't go off very often so he could steadily gather points and let Kris challenge for the Podiums I don't think Mads would be very happy at M-Sport though, going from a Works driver with a Full programme back to M-Sport which is not officially a works Team anymore, although its kind of like a semi works Team in terms of its heavy on going manufacturer involvement with Ford Mads wouldn't even be back in the first Team, he would then be a Private second Team driver like Kubica and they don't even get given much testing usually. I suppose Mads must be licking his wounds right about now. Maybe Citroen just want Loeb to do a few events again and don't want 3 cars on the events where Loeb will drive

DafyddLarcombe

November 29, 2014 10:54 AM

WRC » Loeb returns to WRC for Monte Carlo Rally

For Telsa Unfortunately you quickly lose your edge in this sport if you are away from it for any length of time Marcus did infact come back for a one off Rally and competed in Rally Sweden back in 2010 in a Black Ford Focus and he wasn't able to even set a single fastest time and when I said No where else for him I meant Mads. M-Sport could take him but only as a privateer, Hyundai could do the same as they did this year with Haydon Paddon and take Mads as a privateer, but I think Mads will prefer to hope that he is once again signed as a works Citroen driver so he wont be in a rush to do a privateer deal with M-Sport or Hyundai

DafyddLarcombe

November 24, 2014 3:02 PM

F1 » Wolff expects Hamilton contract talks in December

Yes I definitely think that Mercedes can see the advantage of having Lewis stick around. I think he is very popular all over the world and gaining in popularity all the time. I think there will of been a lot of people rooting for him to win the Title yesterday and he will be even more popular after securing the Title yesterday F1 is similar Football in terms of its commercial aspect. If you have a star player who can score goals and fill the grandstands then he is extremely important to the Team. Lewis is very popular all over the World and that hasn't gone unnoticed by his Employers I think Lewis is the F1 equivalent of Gareth Bale in Football and will get his retainer without too much bother, just like Gareth Bale did and will again

DafyddLarcombe

November 26, 2014 11:10 AM

WRC » Loeb returns to WRC for Monte Carlo Rally

Personally I can see that Monte is perhaps a toe in the water and maybe Loeb will return to the WRC with possibly a 2 year contract if he feels that he wants to come back and if he feels confident enough that he like Gronholm did - can fight for wins as he approaches 40 I think this would give Citroen the chance to take someone like Stephanne Lefervbe and bring him on in terms of development and get him ready for the transition like what they did with Ogier. Maybe there is nothing in this, but why would Loeb suddenly surface to do the Monte ?? I think this is a clear sign that all is not well with the WTCC and Loeb has decided that he left the WRC too early and Citroen have their back against the wall and they realise that only having Loeb back can save the day

DafyddLarcombe

November 24, 2014 2:39 PM

F1 » Hamilton: This title means more than 2008

I don't follow F1 much, WRC is my sport, but I had the pleasure of watching yesterdays final Race of 2014 and seeing an impressive Lewis Hamilton lead from start to finish to win his 2nd World Title and do it in style. I have followed his season this year but more so because he had a good chance of the Title No one is perfect, Diamond earings, comments / friends with Niko / not friends with Niko, who cares ! He is Good for the Sport and I am happy that he is British and that we have a driver of his calibre to follow and cheer for. I think he fully deserved to win the Title and his 11 race wins compared to Nicos 5 proves that, especially as Lewis had a DNF 3 times I agree with some previous comments, he is well spoken, he is genuine, he is steely determined to succeed and I really hope this is not his last World Title. I am really happy also to see his Family and Nicole there supporting him too, I know he hasn't always had that luxury. Having a close Family connection is Awesome

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »