Crash.Net User: DafyddLarcombe

Comments rating: 918
Position in rating: 174

Show Comments on:

DafyddLarcombe

March 31, 2015 3:10 PM

WRC » Wilson: I'll never forget Tanak's 'splashdown'

Great comments there from Malcolm, once again he has set about finding a Diamond in the Rough, or more like a pair of Diamonds. Both Tanak and Evans were drivers with potential that required someone like Malcolm to invest in them and develop them into Top drivers achieving podiums Malcolm has done this time and time again, Mikko and Thierry stand out as two drivers that came good under Malcolms guidance and trust, also and Ironically Tanaks Mentor Markko Martin who came good under Malcolm. I cant wait for these two drivers to start really pushing for Top results and paying back Malcolm in spades I think M-Sport is not only my Favorite Team but the Team with the most History and is actually the longest standing WRC Team in the WRC today dating back to 1996 with Kankkunen and Sainz

DafyddLarcombe

April 15, 2015 1:27 PM

WRC » Citroen boss throws support behind under-performing Meeke

Kris needs to get back to where he was in Finland last year. He was neat, accurate, precise and very fast. For some reason he has let pressure to perform build to levels that clearly affect his ability to net good results. I still say that this guy has great things to come, I know he is hungry and I know he wants to get on and start racking up podiums where possible. Right now he must be thinking a shot at victory last season in Germany feels like a very long time ago. Yves Matton has to support him and help him recover his form as the WRC isn't exactly awash with Top non contracted Rally drivers right now. I think he will be on it again come Finland in late August

DafyddLarcombe

June 22, 2015 10:29 AM

WRC » Capito calls on organisers, FIA to “think about schedule”

As I have said before there is nothing wrong with the current format of 3 stages in the morning with a service, then 3 stages in the afternoon - but just add on another Loop of 3 stages which would run in Darkness, then do the same 3 stages in the morning of the following day. Maybe this could happen on days one and two and the 3rd day could end with the repeat of Saturday nights 3 Dark stages on the Sunday morning. Keep the Road section mileage down low and keep the route compact and the stages close together. There is no reason why this cant be achieved.

DafyddLarcombe

July 10, 2015 1:37 PM

WRC » New Toyota boss Makinen looks to bin Yaris project

He obviously knows that the car aint upto much and he doesn't want to try and fix a car by putting a plaster on it and hoping for the best He wants to start from scratch and deliver a car that will restore Toyota as a force to be reckoned with once again in the WRC With new Rules and a radically different WRC car for 2017 and beyond Teams will be better off starting with a Clean sheet of paper anyway, especially as the current testcar hasn't been proven against its competition

DafyddLarcombe

March 31, 2015 3:33 PM

WRC » Tidemand inks Skoda deal

I am not sure if this was the smartest move, obviously the new R5 Car is coming but surely being in the WRC is crucial at this point in Tidemands career. Winning the R5 or WRC2 Category in the WRC would be a lot better for his career and then stepping up into the main WRC category would be the plan for him Just look at what has happened to Esapekka Lappi being away from the WRC and doing the ERC for Skoda, and the ERC is closer to the WRC for Teams taking notice as it is obviously Europe based. He runs the risk of disappearing from the minds of the WRC Team Managers doing the APC, disappointing if I am honest.

DafyddLarcombe

March 31, 2015 3:24 PM

WRC » Toyota sign Teemu Suninen to WRC junior squad

Well im really pleased that they have secured the services of the Finnish youngster Teemu Suninen, but I am not so sure about Camilli. Time will tell though but having Two development drivers this early on in their career would not be the best move. I think if I were Toyota I would select and pay and nice little sum of money to a Top experienced Non contracted past WRC driver like Petter Solberg, Tommi Makkinen or perhaps Mikko Hirvonnen to Develop both the car and the youngster and then hope to Snag a current contracted WRC Top driver further down the line to compliment the youngster when their contract expires with their current Team Toyota seem very determined though, now they need to learn how to play Chess

DafyddLarcombe

April 04, 2015 1:41 PM

WRC » Tidemand inks Skoda deal

Ga, he is the step son of Henning Solberg, If Henning can still get decent Sponsorship for himself at post 40 years of age then I would suggest to him that he can find money for his young promising up and coming step son Brother Petter is the expert at finding money to survive too. With seats at Toyota and possibly VW coming up in the coming seasons I am not sure that doing the APRC is the answer. Surely he would indeed be in with a better chance if he had upto date knowledge of all the WRC Rallies at that point. The family has a wealth of contacts and certainly the money to support him with pocket money while he looks for a decent sponsor. Surely that is how you get to the Top, not taking a comfortable seat with Skoda in the APRC and vanishing from the Radar of available promising drivers

DafyddLarcombe

April 04, 2015 10:05 AM

WRC » Wilson: I'll never forget Tanak's 'splashdown'

Yeah I remember that, she was with Tina Thorner in the Astra. That was pretty scary as they rolled about 200 metres down a steep bank into the water at the bottom. They were both really shook up too, nothing like the Tanak crash in that respect. Tanak was obviously happy to escape injury and was back out on the stages the very next day, but Walker was really shook up and they almost both died trapped in the car for a little while after a heavy roll down over the bank If memory serves me correct it was either the Pirelli or the Scottish

DafyddLarcombe

March 21, 2015 11:21 AM

WRC » Ogier: I did not need to push too hard

Gilles74 I think Loeb and Ogier were actually quite similar in a few ways, not only in terms of their personality traits but also their dominance of the Sport itself, although I don't Recall Loeb saying how easily he beat the other drivers after taking a win Hirvonnen racked up something like 14 wins while Loeb was winning World Championships and also Gronholm was still winning Rallies quite often too, all at the time that Loeb was taking the Title year after year, but this year it is looking a bit too much like the Ogier show I really do hope that Latvala can get back on top of his game and that Hyundai can provide Neuville with the latest version of the i20 asap. I really do see Neuville as the next star in the WRC and someone who can clearly answer Ogier on Pace

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »