Crash.Net User: DafyddLarcombe

Comments rating: 522
Position in rating: 228

Show Comments on:

DafyddLarcombe

May 14, 2014 12:41 PM

WRC » Evans: Argentina a bit frustrating

I mean this in the most honourable way possible, I think in Elfyn we might have another Richard Burns here, and by that I mean he is learning his trade with decent seat time and a controlled drive with few mistakes, growing his speed in line with his knowledge, experience and confidence I have a feeling that at the end of next season he will be knocking on the door of podium places based on speed rather than attrition and by 2017 I think we could see him fighting for Victories, yes its a bold statement to make but I think is possible You have to remember he is not tagging along in a Limited programme with the M-Sport 2nd Team, he is the number 2 driver doing a Full Programme with lots of Testing. I know Malcolm would only give a youngster this terrific chance if he could see that driver being World Champion Material

DafyddLarcombe

May 14, 2014 4:20 PM

WRC » Neuville: Top five a huge achievement

All in all I think that the car is doing quite well, far better than the days when Hyundai (MSD) and Seat initially dipped a Toe into the water that we call the WRC I think VW proved that with the right people and the right approach it is very possible for a Team to enter the WRC and get on well almost straight away. I think drivers are a crucial part of any new Team though and having a driver like Ogier or Neuville to spearhead the Team is Vital 5th place was a Good result considering the Mechnical issues that they had with both cars, I think that they will have quite a few issues through the year and will come back a lot stronger in 2015 having addressed them all. Maybe Sordo has an outside chance of again winning in Germany if they get it together and improve the car a little bit more by then.

DafyddLarcombe

May 14, 2014 12:54 PM

WRC » Latvala: Title fight open

I can see JM growing in confidence again, I don't know if he can be consistent enough to stay out of the bushes, but it would seem that when everything is right this is indeed the Championships fastest driver. Something that we have seen glimpses of but not enough of I think once this Guy is finally on top of his game he will take some stopping, Ogier should be very worried, JM has shown consistency never before seen, predominantly the start of the season doesn't go well for him, and this year has been quite different. I think he will take huge comfort from beating his team mate in a straight fight in Argentina, not an easy place to push either Ogier only needs to slip up once and JM will be level on points so it is all to play for. JM is good at playing catch up, I think he and Mikko will surprise everyone in Jyvaskyla and will be ding dong, It is possible that Ogier could yet be fighting for the Podium rather than the lead. I am hopeful and optimistic, JM deserves a Good run.

DafyddLarcombe

May 12, 2014 1:07 PM

WRC » Latvala beats Ogier and wins Rally Argentina

and Beat Ogier he did, in True Style Ogier threw everything at him and it wasn't enough, you could see Ogier was trying too hard, I could see where Latvala was taking time from Ogier, Ogier was too ragged and Latvala was taking good lines and hitting the correct lines out of the corners too A well deserved Victory and hopefully all the evidence to prove that Ogier can be beaten in a straight fight. Maybe now a few other drivers will take comfort from this and believe in themselves more

DafyddLarcombe

May 14, 2014 1:03 PM

WRC » Latvala: Title fight open

Im not getting carried away with his Argentina Result but wouldn't it be exciting if JM had several more wins this season and pushed Ogier all the way and Ford suddenly returned with a Big Budget and did a Colin McRae with Latvala by Poaching him away from VW with a Big Pay Packet Mikko and JM both back in Fords again in a Proper fight with VW and Ogier, while Elfyn is VWs version of Mikklesen bringing up the rear in a programme designed to bring him quietly upto speed with the Tear 1 Team with a Full programme and testing like his Team mates I know JM would love to drive a Ford again and is still very close to Malcolm, even with VW treating him well I don't think it wold take much persuasion to Return and If Ford were returning with a Long Term Guarantee and a Reasonable pay Cheque words wouldn't really need to be said. Maybe by then Citroen would be stronger with Meeke and Ostberg, also Hyundai with Neville and Sordo

DafyddLarcombe

May 13, 2014 11:44 AM

WRC » Mikkelsen: We couldn't have done more

Very Cunning and calculating of VW, In Andreas they have a driver that would otherwise be scoring points for another Rival Team. Here they have him signed up to a 2nd Tier Team keeping him from doing damage to them from the outside, also if anything happened to the Jari Matti or Ogier they have a Top driver who can step straight in and be upto speed with the Car and the Team Very Good and very thorough of Volkswagen. A complete Strategy.

DafyddLarcombe

May 07, 2014 12:47 PM

WRC » Kubica to 'take a few steps back' for Rally Argentina

I don't see that he has any other choice. Yes, he has the speed, but as Pirelli once used to say : Power is nothing without control. I think he needs to find the edge and keep on the right side of it. I don't think he has had bad luck, I just think he has been unable to identify where the line is and he keeps steeping over it. If he drives at 95% he should be able to reach the end without any big dramas. Argentina is a place that trips up drivers such as Ogier etc, drivers would do well to Respect that fact and try and reach the finish without making any serious mistakes. LOTOS must be getting very worried about all the big Repair Bills from M-Sport, I don't think they will keep paying the Invoices for ever. This is the issue with a lot of promising drivers, they have to make it through the learning process before the funding runs out.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »