Crash.Net User: DafyddLarcombe

Comments rating: 785
Position in rating: 185

Show Comments on:

DafyddLarcombe

November 10, 2014 4:37 PM

WRC » Frustration in Spain

Well I will be out on GB looking at the stages on Saturday and Sunday and will be watching Elfyn and Kris closely obviously I would love to see them both on the podium but realistically if Meeke could get 3rd and Maybe Elfyn 4th or 5th then this would be a fantastic Result I am guessing that a few of the Top drivers will have the odd issue or set back, Wales Rally GB is not an easy one, I am just hoping that our Boys have a Good Clean Run and manage to get a Good Result for themselves by the end

DafyddLarcombe

November 14, 2014 10:45 AM

WRC » Mikkelsen heads Volkswagen 1-2-3 in Wales Rally GB shakedown

Oh well, seems I was wide of the mark with my predication, Mikklesen has already gone off in SS1 pushing too hard and Meeke is experiencing poor road conditions further back and is having a tough morning having to be a bit cautious I guess being 1st on the road is a luxury this morning but then again you don't win 2 world titles by chance, a World Champion would be expected to be close to the Top in any battle and Ogier is certainly proving that theory to be correct Lets hope that Latvala can make a charge later on this afternoon and keep his nose clean. Maybe Latvala can close the Gap right down to end the day a handful of seconds behind Ogier going into the overnight Halt

DafyddLarcombe

November 10, 2014 4:44 PM

WRC » ‘Pressure off’ for champion Ogier in Wales

I am not being horrible here, but I really Hope to see Latvala or Meeke or perhaps Mikklesen beat Ogier to the win on Rally G.B. Ogier has won the Title and that is now well and truly in the Bag for him, Im not suggesting that he just go round at Recce pace but I would love to see a Big Fight for the Win on G.B and someone else other that Ogier come out of that fight holding the Winners Trophy above their head, that's all..........

DafyddLarcombe

November 13, 2014 1:11 PM

WRC » Mikkelsen heads Volkswagen 1-2-3 in Wales Rally GB shakedown

Rather interesting results for Shakedown. I have a feeling that Mikklesen had been told on the last few events to try and avoid influencing the possible WRC Outcome regarding points available between Ogier and Latvala, but now he is free to fight for a his first win. I think Meeke is playing things really cool and possibly chose not to push too hard in Shakedown, instead he chose to keep a little speed in reserve for a stage 1 surprise. I have a feeling that we could see a Huge Battle for the lead between Meeke and Mikklesen this weekend Kubica was a surprise though, he did well to be 4th fastest. I don't think there was any Tactics from Mads, I just think he was simply 10th fastest, or as WRC put it.....equal 9th fastest - lol

DafyddLarcombe

November 06, 2014 1:40 PM

WRC » Hirvonen announces retirement from WRC

Of course the other possibility is that M-Sport could negotiate a deal with Citroen to do some kind of driver exchange with Kubica. This would probably suit M-Sport who would be able to drop the Pole in favour of a driver capable of racking up vital points in the WRC I am aware that Citroen are talking to Kubica so this would possible mean that no deal has yet been finalised with Both their current drivers. I have been saying this since Malcolm started raving about kubica and his tireless commitment and workrate at the start of the season, but I just don't see the magic in Kubica and don't see him reaching the very Top Either of the current Citroen drivers would be a welcome change for M-Sport than Kubica, I don't think Malcolm could cope with having both Kubica and Tanak in the Team at the same time. Ford could have to temporarily pull the availability of 3 door shells to catch back up I am eager to see who goes where. Feel free to post your thoughts guys....

DafyddLarcombe

November 04, 2014 11:32 AM

WRC » Sordo pens new two-year deal with Hyundai

Things are starting to fall into place now, Mikko will have only 2 choices, sign another 1 year deal with M-Sport or Retire from the WRC altogether Mads and Kris are now almost as good as signed with Citroen again and we know that Elfyn is not going anywhere at M-Sport. So apart from the possibility of a 3rd car at Hyundai for Paddon and a 3rd car at M-Sport for Kubica it seems almost all done and dusted Im not sure that Mikko will Retire after his surprise performance in Spain though. The new tyres will of given him hope and confidence going forward that he can still fight. Also I don't think Malcolm can afford to let a driver go who can fight all the other drivers for a podium place and come out on top. M-Sport are in a tough spot right now and need all the help they can get. The Sport itself needs 4 healthy teams all able to fight for the poduim

DafyddLarcombe

November 06, 2014 11:02 AM

WRC » Hirvonen announces retirement from WRC

Malcolm now has to make a swift decision about who will be the 2nd driver in the main M-Sport team for 2015. You could have Kubica bringing additional money from LOTOS and with it matching livery on both Cars, or you could see Malcolm trying to prize one of the Two Citroen drivers away from the French Team, but I am certain that Yves Matton has already cemented them in to his plans for next year, especially now that Mikko has officially announced his departure from the WRC Maybe Malcolm will bring Tanak back into the Team but this would need to be accompanied with some serious Bodyshop funding and Malcolm would need to start offering Night shifts to the lads to build up a supply of bodyshells ready for the new season. Maybe Malcolm will give the young Rookie Tidemand a chance but this would be akin to giving Elfyn a chance and really you need one Really experienced driver in the Team to Teach the Rookie the Ropes. This is where Mikko will be Sorely missed.

DafyddLarcombe

November 06, 2014 10:53 AM

WRC » Hirvonen announces retirement from WRC

What a Gentleman and a driver loved by all the Teams and drivers, a guy who won 15 WRC Rallies at a time when a certain Sebastian Loeb was winning consecutive World Championships. Who knows how many Rallies he would of won if Loeb hadn't been so Good This Guy even went toe to toe with Loeb for the Title in 2009 in Wales but as we all know that Frenchman was just a little bit too good and Mikko never got his hands on the Silverware, as they say........close but NO CIGAR I am sure that Mikko has made his decision a few months ago and like Loeb he has been pondering Retirement for some time. Its Ironic that he drove so well in Spain last month and im guessing he will really go for it in Wales later this month too. I wish him all the Very Best for the Future. Another Top Driver closes his Book on the WRC. He will be missed by All.

DafyddLarcombe

November 06, 2014 1:57 PM

WRC » Sordo pens new two-year deal with Hyundai

It seems that Mikko is retiring afterall. Even though Hyundai are serious about the WRC - they are still asking drivers for a serious amount of coin. I have it on Good Authority that Heydon Paddon parted with a Huge amount of the stuff for his part time seat this season Sordo is the son of very wealthy parents, as are a lot of drivers in the WRC like Lorenzo Bertelli etc. Sordos parents own or owned the largest supermarket chain in Spain and they have mostly funded his career thus far. Maybe Hyundai are taking something approaching 2 million Euros from Sordo per season for 2015 and 2016, maybe it was this fact that got him the seat compared with Mikko taking them little or no money, just his valuable experience Mads also has a welthy family and Morten (his Dad) has heavily funded him through his career, as with Andreas Mikklesen and his Dad. I like to dream about where I may of gotten to if I also had wealthy parents, they are not wealthy, just lovely - lol

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »