Crash.Net User: DafyddLarcombe

Comments rating: 633
Position in rating: 213

Show Comments on:

DafyddLarcombe

September 04, 2014 12:40 PM

WRC » Atkinson wants to be 'as fast as possible' on home event

Damn it Taz I was waiting for crash.net to post this topic so I could suggest the same thing - lol I cant see him finishing any higher than 6th, and that's assuming 3 or 4 of the Top guys once again go out or have problems of some kind and by some miracle he doesn't with the Likes of Sordo and Hanninen available to them, I just cant understand why they have picked him. Surely the Team now have enough data on crashes to work with But then we are assuming that drivers are picked on Talent and as we know they are usually not picked on Talent, rather how much coin they can put in I have it on very Good Authority that his Kiwi Colleague paid an absolute fortune for his 7 round programme with the Team

DafyddLarcombe

September 02, 2014 1:35 PM

WRC » VIDEO: VW's WRC winning streak ends on home soil

Well, back when I was as a Rally driver I always wanted to win of course, but if one driver or one Team keeps on winning it just gets boring and Stale It was good for the Sport that VW and Ogier had a few problems in Germany, It was also Good that Hyundai were able to take a Maiden Win to show other Interested Manufacturers that it is possible to start with a Car that was a blank sheet of paper less than a year before the start of the season and do really well, even in the 1st year The Best Result would however of been a Maiden win for Meeke and Citroen in order to at least be able to Maintain their Unbroken Winning Record in Germany that dates all the way back to 2002 with Loeb and the Xzara. This would of been Good for the Team to Justify their continuation in the Sport.

DafyddLarcombe

September 02, 2014 11:01 AM

WRC » Best yet in Germany

His Father was quick on the Black stuff too, I am really impressed with his progress, I am very anxious to see him back in action again in Australia and then extend his WRC Asphalt experience in France and Spain, and of course the Icing on the cake would be to get a strong result on GB, maybe even a podium, but that's pushing it another 4th or 5th on GB would be a great Result and a solid way to end his 1st Full Year as a Works Driver in one of the best Teams in the WRC. I know he will be up there and fighting next year. I would think a Good few podiums are possible next season. It is Great to watch him getting stronger and stronger and not forgetting Meeke too, I am so pleased to see Meeke right up there pushing Ogier and Latvala lately. I think Meeke could find himself leading a WRC Rally again on Rally GB. Lets hope he finds himself leading as he crosses the finish line of the last stage though - lol

DafyddLarcombe

September 02, 2014 1:46 PM

WRC » Two stage wins please Kubica

Again, I don't Rate the Guy very highly at all He got out classed by Evans and shown how to do the job Ok you could argue that Evans was so Good on his WR Car Ashpalt Debut that he also Out classed his Multiple WRC Rally winning and Hugely experienced Team mate Mikko Hirvonnen Malcolm thinks very Highly of Kubica, but I just don't see the Potential in all honesty. I can see way more potential in Elfyn. Personally, I would be looking very closely at Pontus Tidemand to fill Mikkos empty seat next year, not potentially Kubica (should mikko leave and Meeke is not available) Finally no one has given Essapekka Lappi a lucky WRC Break yet, I have always seen him as a potential WRC works driver at some point

DafyddLarcombe

August 27, 2014 4:46 PM

WRC » Latvala: We had victory within our grasp

My worry is that Jari Matti will suffer heavily and will not be as mentally strong after this. I Believe that Jarri Matti is the Fastest and the most Talented Driver we have in the WRC. I have thought this for several years, but I have also known that it is his accidents that have affected his confidence and held back his progress and domination of the WRC Lately he has benefitted hugely from the help of Top Mental coach Christoph Treier who was previously Mental coach to Marcus Gronholm. He needs to bounce back from his accident and quickly. Just look at the difference in the response between Ogier and Latvala after their accidents. This is where Ogier is Supreme. I have said it before. Jari Matti is just to nice a Guy. Ogier is Selfish and calculating and this is always what makes all the difference to a successful WRC Driver. Ogier is more like Loeb. Latvala is more like Gronholm.

DafyddLarcombe

August 29, 2014 11:01 AM

WRC » Meeke blames 'optimistic' pace-note for crash

For M9OXO : I think Mikko could well retire at the end of the season the way its going. I can see either Pontus Tidemand or Tanak replacing him. Meeke would only jump ship if Citroen did pull out, otherwise I cant see Citroen letting him go or Malcolm out bidding Citroen for his services I really hope that Citroen stay though, I think that Citroen has vastly reduced its budget in recent seasons and now they have to make up the remainder of the operating budget with sponsorship from the likes of Abu Dhabi etc I would love to see Meeke as Team mate to Elfyn, I am sure that both drivers will go on to be front runners in the Sport Maybe it will be just 3 teams and maybe each with 3 drivers, but hopefully we will still have 4 teams going forward

DafyddLarcombe

August 27, 2014 10:00 AM

WRC » Positive debut for Toyota’s GT86 CS-R3

I understand that Akido Toyoda required a car to wet the appetite of the Board, so he approached Tommi to build the car for him. He himself is the Chairman of the board of Directors for Toyota but obviously he needs approval from the whole Board to be able to Sign off on a Full WRC Programme and Return to the Top Level of Rallying. He was somehow hoping that the Tommi Makkinen car would do the trick. I am not sure it did or has though, but maybe what VW and Hyundai have done in terms of success so soon after entering the WRC would be a much more convincing case for him and the Board of Directors, especially the escalation of progress and success of Hyundai since joining.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »