Crash.Net User: DafyddLarcombe

Comments rating: 692
Position in rating: 202

Show Comments on:

DafyddLarcombe

August 26, 2014 5:06 PM

WRC » Positive debut for Toyota’s GT86 CS-R3

well Crash.net seem to of initially used the picture of the more potent car built and driven by Tommi in Finland, so clearly maybe this is not the same car as appeared in Germany. The car in Finland was Turbo charged for sure and looked like it was 4 wheel drive too but I could be wrong about the 4wd bit as I was stood on a fast peace of road

DafyddLarcombe

August 26, 2014 4:15 PM

WRC » Positive debut for Toyota’s GT86 CS-R3

The car originally shown in the picture was the car that Tommi Makkinen built for Akido Toyoda and drove him through one of the stages on Rally Finland where I happened to be watching. I can say that it really impressed me as I did not expect this car. The original picture showed the car with the Neste Oil logo on the door, so it was the 4WD Turbo charged car that I saw on Rally Finland last month. If this car was an R3 Car then I can confidently say that it would easily beat the current R3 Cars, but then it was being driven by the scruff of its neck by a certain Tommi Makkinen when I saw it - lol, but crash.net have since updated the picture to show the correct and actual R3 car used in Germany which is certainly not the same Beast I saw in Finland

DafyddLarcombe

August 27, 2014 4:46 PM

WRC » Latvala: We had victory within our grasp

My worry is that Jari Matti will suffer heavily and will not be as mentally strong after this. I Believe that Jarri Matti is the Fastest and the most Talented Driver we have in the WRC. I have thought this for several years, but I have also known that it is his accidents that have affected his confidence and held back his progress and domination of the WRC Lately he has benefitted hugely from the help of Top Mental coach Christoph Treier who was previously Mental coach to Marcus Gronholm. He needs to bounce back from his accident and quickly. Just look at the difference in the response between Ogier and Latvala after their accidents. This is where Ogier is Supreme. I have said it before. Jari Matti is just to nice a Guy. Ogier is Selfish and calculating and this is always what makes all the difference to a successful WRC Driver. Ogier is more like Loeb. Latvala is more like Gronholm.

DafyddLarcombe

August 29, 2014 11:01 AM

WRC » Meeke blames 'optimistic' pace-note for crash

For M9OXO : I think Mikko could well retire at the end of the season the way its going. I can see either Pontus Tidemand or Tanak replacing him. Meeke would only jump ship if Citroen did pull out, otherwise I cant see Citroen letting him go or Malcolm out bidding Citroen for his services I really hope that Citroen stay though, I think that Citroen has vastly reduced its budget in recent seasons and now they have to make up the remainder of the operating budget with sponsorship from the likes of Abu Dhabi etc I would love to see Meeke as Team mate to Elfyn, I am sure that both drivers will go on to be front runners in the Sport Maybe it will be just 3 teams and maybe each with 3 drivers, but hopefully we will still have 4 teams going forward

DafyddLarcombe

August 26, 2014 4:30 PM

WRC » Meeke blames 'optimistic' pace-note for crash

lol, Kubica will be available providing his Sponsor Lotos is also available. I really don't see him being a Top driver. Yes he can be quick but not quite good enough to compete regularly to make a difference It will be interesting to see if he ever beats Elfyn ever again. I suspect that Elfyn not only moved ahead of Kubica in Germany but also his Team mate Mikko in terms of development My Dream Team would be Evans and Meeke both in Fiestas next year with Union Jacks on the Side Windows, but im not holding my breath A British Team. Cars made in England and Two drivers who carry the Union Jack Flag although from Wales and N.Ireland respectively. With Scotland maybe deserting the U.K soon it could be a perfect contribution from each of the remaining countries to make a perfect U.K Dream Team

DafyddLarcombe

August 27, 2014 10:00 AM

WRC » Positive debut for Toyota’s GT86 CS-R3

I understand that Akido Toyoda required a car to wet the appetite of the Board, so he approached Tommi to build the car for him. He himself is the Chairman of the board of Directors for Toyota but obviously he needs approval from the whole Board to be able to Sign off on a Full WRC Programme and Return to the Top Level of Rallying. He was somehow hoping that the Tommi Makkinen car would do the trick. I am not sure it did or has though, but maybe what VW and Hyundai have done in terms of success so soon after entering the WRC would be a much more convincing case for him and the Board of Directors, especially the escalation of progress and success of Hyundai since joining.

DafyddLarcombe

August 26, 2014 11:10 AM

WRC » Neuville leads, Latvala and Meeke crash out

I think it was just the pressure of taking his 1st win. He just pushed a little too hard. He was making the odd minor mistake leading upto the accident, it was almost his though. I think he will of learned a lot from this and maybe he can be ready the next time he is leading (which shouldn't be long) I don't think Citroen are mad with him though, I think they are just pleased that they have a new Star to Lead them to future Wins. I think Meeke is worried more than Yves Matton. I think he will be just Fine. I think the only think Yves Matton is worried about is Malcolm chasing after Meeke for Next year

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »