Crash.Net User: DafyddLarcombe

Comments rating: 632
Position in rating: 213

Show Comments on:

DafyddLarcombe

August 07, 2014 12:30 PM

WRC » Hirvonen: I was aiming to fight for a podium

If young Elfyn keeps progressing like he has been, he could find himself posting times faster than poor Mikko by the end of the season. But I would love to see Mikko Re discover his old speed again I think the issue could be his frame of mind, possibly a lack of self belief that he can still set fastest times and win Rallies again. Either way I hope he doesn't continue to decline, I would much rather see him find his form and stick around in the WRC for a few more seasons yet I also feel bad for Malcolm as he is obviously finding it harder to attract a Big Sponsor with the Results that the Team have being getting lately, this allied to the fact that there is not exactly a line of talented Top Flight WRC Drivers looking to sign with M Sport for next year. Malcolm must be feeling pretty boxed into a corner wondering where the light is at the end of the tunnel right about now

DafyddLarcombe

August 05, 2014 12:27 PM

WRC » Hirvonen: I was aiming to fight for a podium

I feel bad for Mikko as this was his Big Chance to get back to his old best He looked committed and attacked very hard on every stage but the times just were not coming like he wanted them to You need to be very brave and very committed in Finland and there was no shortage in delivering either in abundance. Maybe M-Sport has just slipped a little behind Citroen and VW in Development The Result for Jari Matti was Incredible and it speaks volumes for the progress that Kris Meeke has clearly made that for a good while he was in front of Ogier and indeed finished less than minute behind the winner in 3rd place I was very pleased with how fast and controlled Meeks performance was.

DafyddLarcombe

August 05, 2014 12:47 PM

WRC » Meeke: Finland podium more special

As I mentioned in another post I am extremely pleased for Kris, he showed Good speed and control right from Stage 1. OK, Himos nearly caught him out but there is a chance to get caught out almost every bend in Finland. He was very committed and was looking like a Supreme Rally winner every time I saw him going through a stage Its Unusual that a driver wins Finland before winning any other WRC Rally, Loeb took years to master Finland. But we could easily of had a UK Winner last weekend if Jari Matti had suffered worse with his brakes and Ogier had got a puncture or something Maybe Kris can win on Rally GB. I think he has every Chance, and I am sure that both himself and the Team will target and prepare for a GB Win.

DafyddLarcombe

August 06, 2014 12:16 PM

WRC » Ogier 'happy' with second in Finland

Just a quick point. If Ogier were to go off in Germany and damage the cage and Latvala won both the Rally and the Power stage the Gap for the Title would then only be 16 points. That's how easy it can all come un done. But I am not dreaming about Jari Matti winning the 2014 WRC We have Germany, France and Spain all on Asphalt. Surely with out Ogier winning another WRC event he will easily be Champion once again

DafyddLarcombe

August 01, 2014 9:54 PM

WRC » Latvala more than doubles Rally Finland lead

also one final comment ! Tommi Makkinen drove Toyotas president Akido Toyoda through SS7 this morning, a stage that i happened to be present on and watching. I didnt expect this and was amazed at both the sound this car made and the speed in which it carried. I had to find out who was driving this car at this kind of speed (WRC car Pace) and how this was possible for a Car that clearly wasnt even a WRC Car, but Tommi knew how to make it Fly a few calls later and I found out that it was driven by none other than Tommi Makkinen and i didnt need to wonder any more. What was amazing though is that it would seem that Tommi drove the stage without notes but his commitment was 100% in all fairness to him. I wonder if Tommi will create his won M-Sport scenario with Toyota, Building and running their WRC programme, now that would be Good for WRC !

DafyddLarcombe

August 01, 2014 9:27 PM

WRC » Latvala more than doubles Rally Finland lead

Well all i can say is WOW ! Jari Matti has been really pushing hard today, in Fairness i was very pleasantly suprised at Meeke as he looked like he was fastest on more than 1 stage today Jari Matti set a hatrick of fastest times in the afternoon when the satges favoured the guys running 1st on the road so i dont quite agree with Ogirs comments about the sweeping, the only thing thats getting swept is Ogier into the weeds ! In all fairness the pace at the front is electric and has been all Rally, but just watching one small section of maybe 500 metres and you can see small differnces with every driver so its easy to see who is gaining where, but the commitment is HUGE !!

DafyddLarcombe

August 01, 2014 9:34 PM

WRC » Latvala more than doubles Rally Finland lead

I think Latvala should manage to win here, the last time i was in Finland it was Mikko who won and Jari Matti was 2nd (2009) It is good to see Elfyn having a good go out there on the stages too, he was getting really stuck in today in all fairness, I would imagine that already he has learned so much from Today and yesterday, I hope to see him go even faster tomorrow. His times were very encouraging today I have taken some video footage that I hope will help him when i see him in service tomorrow, something that the Top 5 drivers all did the same on a certain section but Elfyn did different, i cant say what it is but i am sure he will like to get the drop on the situation tomorrow, its all about finding out what works and what doesnt, or what doesnt work as well is a better way of putting it

DafyddLarcombe

July 04, 2014 1:24 PM

WRC » Capito: Mikkelsen ready to win

Well, first of all what we need is to do is get out of this Global difficulty, so money is more available for the Sport, There are Talented young drivers around but money is short right now. I commend both Hyundai and VW for having more than 2 drivers, Even though Malcolm is mostly having to fund his own programme he is doing the right thing with young Elfyn, a development driver is always a good thing It has worked for VW and they are now seeing the fruits of their Labour. Richard Burns was a 3rd or Development driver for Subaru when Colin and Carlos were Lead Drivers and look how that turned out. I think Citroen have had their wings clipped in recent seasons But Malcolm is the one who seems to be having the toughest time of it. I know everyone misses the days when a WRC event had 30 plus stages and ran well into the Night with Rally cars that Pop and Bang with flames as long as a samuri sword out the back that are spectacular, but the speed of the modern WRC Cars is still there, I

DafyddLarcombe

July 01, 2014 2:33 PM

WRC » Recce cock-up costs Hirvonen

That's a bit of a worry for Mikko He made an error with his notes in Argentina too (The Crash) This is Bad timing as the next Rally is Finland ! If he gets 4th or 5th in Finland it will destroy his self belief I hope that he sees Finland as a chance to get back ontop Maybe if Ogier wins in Finland Maybe Mikko can have a Massive fight with Latvala and at least get onto the Podium, but I think Mikklesen and Ostberg will have something to say about that too

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »