Crash.Net User: DafyddLarcombe

Comments rating: 939
Position in rating: 178

Show Comments on:

January 26, 2015 10:10 AM

WRC » Ogier wins Rallye Monte Carlo again

I don't know what it is with Kubica and Monte but he Stunned everyone including himself on the opening stages of the Monte last year too, but sadly he didn't repeat that pace again in the season anywhere After watching him closely on the weekend I quickly noticed that he has a gravel style of driving on the Monte, he is much smoother and lets the car move around a lot more, drifting it into and out of the corners much more than other drivers keeping the momentum going I think this can be connected to his stunning times. I would like to see this guy do really well but I don't know with his hand if he will be able to get on to Podium anywhere in the season, but if he does manage to achieve a podium then I think it will almost certainly be on the loose

January 21, 2015 10:25 AM

WRC » Tanak aims to push limits at Monte Carlo

Well there is no doubt that Tanak has real Raw speed, but like Novikov who also had Raw speed he was dropped in 2012 due to his inability to find the line between being fast and crashing. I am hoping that he will make the most of Malcolms second chance and really develop. Jari Matti also had the same issue but somehow Malcolm stuck with Jari Matti and sods law VW got hold of him just when he was really starting to show all that investment that Malcolm had paid into him With any luck Tanak will benefit from the on going coaching of his Long time mentor Markko Martin and I am assuming that Markko will also form part of his Gravel crew on the monte. It would be fantastic if he got a podium but I suspect a top 5 finish is where Malcolm has set his sights for him, but finishing his first Rally back with the team must be his priority regardless of position

January 20, 2015 11:32 AM

WRC » Citroen: Return of Loeb is special

I am not convinced he can or will win on his return. He has been away from the Sport Full time for two seasons now, I would love to see him win, that would bring balance and fairness and it would be nice for Loeb to bring the curtain down on his long and successful career with a win, it would boost Citroens confidence that their car is actually good enough to win But Don't hold your breath guys and girls, while the Master was the best driver in the WRC up until 2012, now he could find it very tough to get to the front of the pack. The one thing he has going for him is that Experience counts for more on the Monte than anywhere else in the world and speed is not the most important thing here. Loeb could win the Event with smart tyre choices and his ability to read the weather and the road surfaces One thing is for sure, Loeb will find this to be one of the toughest Monte Carlo Rallies that he has fought to win. As the old saying goes...WATCH THIS SPACE.........

January 26, 2015 10:21 AM

WRC » Latvala: Second more than I expected

it would be pretty amazing if the likable Finn were to beat Ogier in a Title figh this seasont. Is it me or is Ogier getting more relaxed about everything. He was quite cocky and Arogant a few seasons ago but now he seems like nothing fazes him and he is always trying to be funny at the stage ends. Maybe he is finally developing a sense of humour Maybe he has someone advising him on how to be more likable. Anyway, back to the driving, yes I think Latvala most certainly has the ability to wrestle the Title away from Ogier providing he remains confident about his own ability to do so. I think if he can beat Ogier in a straight fight in Sweden this could provide the platform for which Latvala launches his WRC Title Assault for this season and once in front he could find all the confidence he needs to keep on winning Latvala is so strong now that he could even fight for the Victory (as he puts it) on Tarmac, certainly achieving 2nd place should Ogier take the win, so the question is who

January 24, 2015 12:36 PM

WRC » Loeb: I braked a little too early

I feel really sad for Ford and Citroen to be honest Ironically VW now occupy the top 3 places and Ford have lost Tanak from 4th and Citroen have lost Loeb from 2nd. I was quietly hoping to see Loeb pull it off VW will once again probably now have a huge lead in the Manufacturers Race again and this after just 1 Rally and they will probably stay in front until the end of the season. It will be bad for the WRC if VW win every Rally in 2015 Lets hope that drivers like Tanak / Meeke or Neuville get a chance somewhere in the season to get their nose out in front long enough to cross the finish line 1st on an event. Maybe Tanak or Ostberg can sneak a surprise win in Sweeden (but probably not) I think Mikklesen or Latvala will end up victorious there

January 22, 2015 10:21 AM

WRC » ITV and BT Sport agree WRC broadcast deal

That's because in the past WRC has been allowed to grow and was starting to threaten F1. The early 90s WRC was starting to gain momentum as it has done in various stages since. WRC is not dead, the cars have become quite boring and even restricting the power to 300 BHP has not killed the sport totally, the F.I.A could easily remove restrictors and probably result in 450 BHP overnight. Just look at the same engines in World Rallycross, they have 600BHP like the old Group B Rally cars had Why else would the F.I.A insist modern WRC cars use an air intake restrictor, its to hold back the cars so they are not as exciting and don't threaten F1. Modern WRC cars are super safe ! its almost like current motorway speed limits of 70mph that were set at a time when you were lucky if your car would even reach 70mph. Imagine if WRC cars had no Air intake restrictors and no Media restrictors too, the sport would grow much stronger in no time. This is just the F.I.A at work here guys

January 22, 2015 4:36 PM

WRC » Loeb heralds return by topping Monte shakedown

Not sure why Loeb is acting like hes simply dusting off the DS3 for a bit of fun though. He has said he has nothing to do in the winter hence his participation. I would think Citroen will sit him down and have a little chat with him about his comments. He says it is purely for fun and he has no pressure for any kind of result which is great for him, but the other drivers will be working very hard to try and finish high in the points in what will be a very serious affair. It is not good that he tells a tale of taking part simply to amuse himself. He is nominated for Points and Mads is not, so like it or not he will be expected to carry the mantle for the Citroen Team and the Chairman of Citroen PSA still pays his wages so I think he is in for a Rood awakening. If he doesn't try hard to win this Rally for his old team then maybe he shouldnt be taking part.

January 22, 2015 10:06 AM

WRC » Loeb heralds return by topping Monte shakedown

Wait guys, I am happy to see everyone excited but a 3km stage is hardly a Monte Win, Henning Solberg has been fastest in Shakedown on Rallies before but never gotten no where near winning a WRC Rally But It would be great to see the Master return and win the Monte after 2 years away from the WRC, but I don't think he will find it that easy. Like I said, what makes him strong here will be his huge experience of how to win the Monte from the 7 previous times he has won it in the past Tyre choice, reading the grip levels and knowing where the limits are will be his key strengths rather than pace. Being happy to lift off where others want to gain and end up in trouble like Kubica did last year will be his advantage. Monte is Loebs best chance of a win for someone of his vast experience where that is more important than pace after such a long break

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »