Crash.Net User: DafyddLarcombe

Comments rating: 883
Position in rating: 175

Show Comments on:

DafyddLarcombe

November 24, 2014 3:02 PM

F1 » Wolff expects Hamilton contract talks in December

Yes I definitely think that Mercedes can see the advantage of having Lewis stick around. I think he is very popular all over the world and gaining in popularity all the time. I think there will of been a lot of people rooting for him to win the Title yesterday and he will be even more popular after securing the Title yesterday F1 is similar Football in terms of its commercial aspect. If you have a star player who can score goals and fill the grandstands then he is extremely important to the Team. Lewis is very popular all over the World and that hasn't gone unnoticed by his Employers I think Lewis is the F1 equivalent of Gareth Bale in Football and will get his retainer without too much bother, just like Gareth Bale did and will again

DafyddLarcombe

November 25, 2014 10:59 AM

WRC » Loeb returns to WRC for Monte Carlo Rally

The Bottom line is Loeb is a Superstar, Not only does the Sport Need him but Citroen clearly need him back too If he did return full time he would be regularly fighting with Ogier and Latvala and possibly Meeke and Neuville for wins and maybe he wouldn't be quite as dominant now so it could go either way on every Rally. I am sure Loeb would enjoy having to fight harder for any victories and find it more satisfying The Fact that Citroen have not yet announced a new contract for Mads could mean that they are waiting for Loeb decide if he will return for a full season depending on how the Monte goes for him. The problem would be his WTCC contract, but maybe Citroen are trying to work something out so he could return to the WRC I would personally love to see him return and fight again for another Title.

DafyddLarcombe

November 28, 2014 12:48 PM

WRC » Loeb returns to WRC for Monte Carlo Rally

I just cant see how driving in any form of Racing is better than being a Top Driver in the WRC, maybe with the exception of F1. I cant see how Loeb prefers going round in circles in WTCC car where the WRC is so diverse and every Rally is so different from Snow to smooth Tarmac, from Baking heat of Mexico to the slippery Muddy tracks of Wales I don't suppose he will be back Full Time, but it does beg the question : why is Mads still not signed when Kris was signed weeks ago. Contracts for Elfyn and Tanak were announced in tandem, but there seems to be a reason why Citroen have not announced Mads Is it the usual red tape and small detail that needs finalising, or is it because Citroen are trying to persuade Loeb back after a dismal season and he has agreed to do the Monte and see how he feels after that. Mads isn't going anywhere else because there is no where else for him

DafyddLarcombe

November 25, 2014 12:29 PM

WRC » Meeke signs new Citroen deal for WRC 2015

Haa, no Runnah, I don't wish that for Kris, I really hope he can fight Latvala and Ogier and come away with some Big Results In all fairness to Kris it is widely accepted that the VW does in fact have a performance advantage over both the Citroen and the Ford, the Hyundai seems to be almost on par with the other two as well which is good I think Kris would be right in there fighting at the front if the cars were closer Citroen have just announced some specific upgrades expected at various points of the 2015 season, so lets see if that allows them to catch up with VW a little. I think Loeb and Meeke would do some damage to VW if the Master was to return

DafyddLarcombe

November 29, 2014 10:54 AM

WRC » Loeb returns to WRC for Monte Carlo Rally

For Telsa Unfortunately you quickly lose your edge in this sport if you are away from it for any length of time Marcus did infact come back for a one off Rally and competed in Rally Sweden back in 2010 in a Black Ford Focus and he wasn't able to even set a single fastest time and when I said No where else for him I meant Mads. M-Sport could take him but only as a privateer, Hyundai could do the same as they did this year with Haydon Paddon and take Mads as a privateer, but I think Mads will prefer to hope that he is once again signed as a works Citroen driver so he wont be in a rush to do a privateer deal with M-Sport or Hyundai

DafyddLarcombe

November 26, 2014 11:10 AM

WRC » Loeb returns to WRC for Monte Carlo Rally

Personally I can see that Monte is perhaps a toe in the water and maybe Loeb will return to the WRC with possibly a 2 year contract if he feels that he wants to come back and if he feels confident enough that he like Gronholm did - can fight for wins as he approaches 40 I think this would give Citroen the chance to take someone like Stephanne Lefervbe and bring him on in terms of development and get him ready for the transition like what they did with Ogier. Maybe there is nothing in this, but why would Loeb suddenly surface to do the Monte ?? I think this is a clear sign that all is not well with the WTCC and Loeb has decided that he left the WRC too early and Citroen have their back against the wall and they realise that only having Loeb back can save the day

DafyddLarcombe

November 21, 2014 2:53 PM

WRC » Ott Tanak secures M-Sport Ford WRC drive

I cant help feeling that even though Tanak has not really driven a WRC Car for the last two years (apart from this seasons Sweeden, Portugal and more recently Rally GB) and thus being a little Rusty, He will fare better than Paddon perhaps would or indeed will. Both Paddon and Sordo bring substancial funding with them, yet Hyundai chose Sordo over Paddon for the official 2nd seat at Hyundai. I think Malcolm also had doubts about Paddon being able to make the grade and ended up chosing Tanak. Paddon could still feature as a private entry for either M-Sport or Hyundai N We know that Tanak has the speed though, and like a few others in the WRC he just needs to temper his speed and gain some consistency. Latvala and more recently Meeke have both seemingly managed this and are much more competitive and confident drivers now they have turned that corner

DafyddLarcombe

November 24, 2014 2:39 PM

F1 » Hamilton: This title means more than 2008

I don't follow F1 much, WRC is my sport, but I had the pleasure of watching yesterdays final Race of 2014 and seeing an impressive Lewis Hamilton lead from start to finish to win his 2nd World Title and do it in style. I have followed his season this year but more so because he had a good chance of the Title No one is perfect, Diamond earings, comments / friends with Niko / not friends with Niko, who cares ! He is Good for the Sport and I am happy that he is British and that we have a driver of his calibre to follow and cheer for. I think he fully deserved to win the Title and his 11 race wins compared to Nicos 5 proves that, especially as Lewis had a DNF 3 times I agree with some previous comments, he is well spoken, he is genuine, he is steely determined to succeed and I really hope this is not his last World Title. I am really happy also to see his Family and Nicole there supporting him too, I know he hasn't always had that luxury. Having a close Family connection is Awesome

DafyddLarcombe

November 21, 2014 10:54 AM

WRC » Elfyn Evans retains M-Sport Ford seat

I had no doubt in my mind about Elfyn being signed for another season with M-Sport. He has shown Fantastic progress this year and I am sure that just like Meeke we will see him starting to push harder on Rallies next year that he has experience of from previous visits. I would expect at least a few podiums throughout next season not just for Elfyn but also maybe Tanak too. It is good that Elfyn has a Team mate his age and someone that he gets on with really well. I think the two crews will get on great and grow together and share and compare information that they learn in testing. This will help the team get the best results and move the car forward in terms of how competitive the car is against the competition

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »