Crash.Net User: DB8

Comments rating: 2549
Position in rating: 26

Show Comments on:

DB8

July 26, 2013 1:55 PM

MotoGP » New Bridgestone MotoGP tyre to debut at Brno

@ dacron - always with the rossi vs stoner with you. lol. I believe Rossi said "Stoner was right". Bottom line, they need to make it better. Its ridiculous how much tyres play a part. Yeah, of course they're massively important, but they shouldn't be the main deciding factor in race outcomes, which has happened too many times this year.

DB8

July 25, 2013 9:43 AM

MotoGP » Casey Stoner to test MotoGP Honda

@mintox, then your source is out of date. Moto gp.com has all the stats, if you're a geek like me and like trawling through them Anyway, if anyone could win on the Ducati now, it would be Stoner so, on that, we agree (and I agree, he prb wont get on a Ducati anyway). But, using your logic( that the Ducati hasn't changed in 2 years) the honda and yamaha have improved, so it would be tough maybe however that shows, the Ducati has improved, as the gap is the same??? Its just improved at the same rate as the others, which aint good enough Hypothetical arguments (which is all stoner vs rossi is) lead to crazy statements being made. Some serial posters on this thread also take hypothetical scenarios, and their opinions, and state them as FACT. LOL!! They think they actually KNOW!! haha Bottom line however, is that Casey Stoner is too talented a rider not to be in Moto gp. I hope this test gives him the bug which he'd lost and he comes back to a gp in some shape or form.

DB8

July 24, 2013 11:05 AM

MotoGP » Casey Stoner to test MotoGP Honda

@ Mintox, Ok, my tone sounded more defensive than I meant it to. I'm just saying get your facts right. I mean, you said Rossi took the Ducati the day after Stoner won on it. Stoner didn't win in Valencia, he came second (still a great result). And your stats are out of date, which invalidates your previous point too, There are a lot of people who make stuff up to prove their point, and it turns this whole unwinnable debate into even more of a shambles than it is already

DB8

July 24, 2013 9:40 AM

MotoGP » Casey Stoner to test MotoGP Honda

@ Mintox - You state - "Funnily enough, after Marc Marquez won the race at Laguna on the weekend,they mentioned that the race record (or lap record maybe) there is still held by Casey..on a Ducati from 2010 interestingly enough." Dont make stuff up to prove a point. It invalidates everything you say. Fastest Lap is Lorenzo, 2012. Circuit Record is Pedrosa, 2012. Top speed Rossi, 2013. Stoner is great, I agree, but when you fan boys make him out to be some sort of god, even though he never defended a championship (ON A HONDA NO LESS!!), it just makes you all sound like the yellow fan boy lunatics too. Stick to the facts

DB8

July 23, 2013 12:09 PM

MotoGP » Cal Crutchlow 'speaking to five teams'

@ Don R - Fair enough, I'm not a racer myself personally so I dont really know, but most of Caseys crashes were low sides too. I always thought their style was more like trying to carry the speed through the corner and stand it up quick, rather than relying on late braking so as to block pass. They both therefore ended up going in a bit hot sometimes. Like I say though, I'm not a racer, so am speaking from an ignorant point of view.

DB8

July 23, 2013 11:47 AM

MotoGP » Cal Crutchlow 'speaking to five teams'

I think he should take the Ducati ride if he's offered it to be honest (SBK would still be an option if it was a flop). He's openly, unashamedly, and rightly stated he wants a full on factory pay cheque, and that is one of his main motivations. If the Ducati doesn't develop, he'll still have the pay cheque and wouldn't lose any face as even VR couldn't win on it. If he did win on it though, he be a feckin legend! Further again, I think his style would suit the Ducati more. I'm not comparing him to Stoner, but his balls out style is similar to Casey's. He just likes throttling the thing.

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  »