Crash.Net User: Realist

Comments rating: 9942
Position in rating: 4

Show Comments on:

Realist

September 02, 2015 10:29 PM

MotoGP » Smith closes wet weather gap, maintains Satellite standing

SmokinHaddock: Mark, It is worth analysing as you have done, but to make the analysis valid you need to also look at the quality of the competition. Cal only had podiums when there was a problem with the factory bikes. Its all a bit subjective of course. Also the factory Ducatis are probably better than the Tech3 so 5th a couple years back would be 7th now, but as I said, it's all a bit subjective.
In Cal's case, you need to be right there to pick up the place when a factory rider drops the ball (just like his podium this year), so fair play to him.

Realist

September 02, 2015 5:49 PM

MotoGP » Marquez: Lorenzo’s speed vs. Rossi’s experience

fortuneteller: I hope the title is decided before the last race.. I cant imagine how clean racing can happen if it all gets decided in the last race.. Title contenders giving it their all and more win it or bin it situations...god! plz Mm, stay away and more importantly dont take any of the riders down along with you..
I'd rather it come down to Valencia just as the 2013 season did. It's a nail biter! I want to see battles. I want to be on the edge of my seat.

Realist

September 02, 2015 4:53 PM

MotoGP » Kent: The best victory of my career

bigmart: I thought that Pramac shoved a 3 year deal under his nose and said' sign tha't in the next two days. DK didn't have a chance to run it by advisors or reflect on it - so right to be suspicious of it. Also contracts you sign now need to tie in with what factory riders contracts are doing to stand a chance of a seat there. He has other offers to consider (that we don't know about) which may be more appealing and offer a better pathway to a Factory GP ride. They may also be offering more financial rewards (which although shouldn't be a primary factor, should still be one to seriously consid
Based on reports, DK doesn't have a manager. DK negotiates on his own, and Ducati/Pramac were in contact with him personally. The reluctance was because of other Moto2 offers on assumed competitive machinery, and DK was hesitant to lock himself into a 3 year deal when some better seats may come available in the next year or two.

Realist

September 02, 2015 9:53 PM
Last Edited 8 hours ago

MotoGP » Petrucci, Redding to push each other at Pramac

Twissta:We all know that the Ducati requires some man handling and Sr is big enough to muscle it around
According to riders, that's the exact opposite of what the Ducati need(ed). I speak in the past tense because the ill handling Ducati is a thing of the past. The GP15 (and upcoming 16) are entirely different beasts with improved behavior. Stoner rode the [older] bike loosely and let it move around under him. He didn't manhandle it at all. None of that is applicable to the GP15.

Realist

September 02, 2015 5:17 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP Silverstone - Race Results

MotoMarc: Joe I guess Kevin Schwantz is eating the statement you noted below I saw an interview with at the beginning of last year with Kevin Schwantz, somebody asked him if Rossi could still ge competitive. He said no, he might get a podium or two before he retires but he'll certsinly never win another race. I guess Kevin was jealous or narrow-minded in his view of Rossi and his abilities. I guess he bought into all the hater ideas that came to a boil when Rossi had his bad experience at Ducati and slow recovery when he returned to Yamaha. Rossi has shut up many a detractor, nicely done Vale keep up the good work!
People take other rider's words as gospel sometimes. Schwantz is annoying to me. Always has been (..and is still a has been). I'm glad he's eating those words.

Realist

September 02, 2015 11:16 PM

MotoGP » Hayden top Open, needs 'chunks' from Barbera

cfsteezy: @Realist Aprilia arent competative for consistant wins this season. They lost plenty power with the new rule changes and arent full factory but a glorified satelite team. So i dont think hayden would jump to wsbk with a motogp crown and look for anything other than full factory bike.
That's not what you said. You said that they aren't competitive, which is not a factual statement. The Aprilia is very much a competitive bike. Maybe less so in the hands of the current riders, but still competitive. If a bike is winning races and on the podiums, it is competitive. Hayden is not a cream of the crop rider. Sorry to burst your bubble. He doesn't have the luxury of "demanding" a full factory ride.

Realist

September 02, 2015 11:20 PM
Last Edited 18 hours ago

MotoGP » Scott Redding signs for Pramac Ducati

alanw5293: Realist: "You guys should really allow him to throw a leg over the bike before prematurely touting him up". Or alternatively .. You guys should really allow him to throw a leg over the bike before prematurely putting him down.
I attack his mouth. I've asked Redding fans what their expectations of him are for next season (and when it is okay - by your standards - to be critical of him), and not one of you are willing to answer the question(s). Come on Alan. Go on record! Let's see if it holds up come mid season next year. I'll tell you right now that if by mid-season he is sitting outside of the top 10, I'm going to criticize big time, especially since he claims to be better than Petrucci (and his fans claim that the Duc is more suited to his style). Conversely, I'll also be willing to give him credit if he rides the bike well.

Realist

September 02, 2015 7:59 PM

MotoGP » Miller apologises to Crutchlow for wipe out

samas: Will VR ever match Agos number of world championships records will anyone I doubt it very much. There are records in GP racing out there no one will ever beat and that's a fact.
How can you say that it's a "fact" when you can't see the future? Ago has 8 premier class championships and Rossi has 7. It's very realistic that Rossi could AT LEAST match that number, especially considering that he is 6 races from pulling that off this season.

Realist

September 02, 2015 4:57 PM
Last Edited 1 day 1 hour ago

MotoGP » Rossi: 12 points to Lorenzo, but Marquez ‘very far’

MotoMarc: Notm4 it was plain and simple that Marquez was pushing too hard and it bit him like other times he was chasing Rossi and crashed. Marquez is a bit reckless and impatient which you aptly note as youth put it. He has a history of this type of behavior in the lower classes. Let's hope this recklessness or youthfulness doesn't translate to any torpedo moves in the remaining races.
There are many times where I agree that Marquez straddled the line between staying upright and crashing, but I don't feel that this time is applicable. He was riding a smart race as far as I can see (when he fell), and it didn't look like he was pushing at all. In fact, it looked almost like he fell in slow motion. Reckless he can be, but Brno wasn't one of those times.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »