Crash.Net User: Realist

Comments rating: 5693
Position in rating: 12

Show Comments on:

Realist

September 17, 2014 7:59 PM

MotoGP » Official: Jack Miller to MotoGP with Honda

I'm not a Miller fan at all, and this situation rubs me the wrong way because I think the feeder classes are there for a reason. I might feel differently is he was pulling a Marquez in M3 (and even then I'd still like to see him run in M2 first), but he's not dominant by any sense of the word in the bottom class, so I just don't see why this justifies a move to GP. I hope Redding, Crutchlow, Pol, Aleix and everybody else wipe the floor with him just to prove a point.

Realist

September 17, 2014 7:21 PM

MotoGP » Official: Jack Miller to MotoGP with Honda

ProfessorX: he will probably beat Dani. Look how fast Dani's pace dropped after Marc showed up. From winning races to not even podium pace. Sigh.
Regardless of what you guys say about DP, he'll still end up in the top 3 come the end of the season (..as he has every season except one I believe), so he is doing what he needs to do. He has plenty of accolades and a slew of wins to his credit. I don't know that Dani's pace has dropped so much as MM's pace is hard to match.

Realist

September 17, 2014 5:38 PM

MotoGP » Official: Jack Miller to MotoGP with Honda

SasquatchBob: This is purely political and nothing to do with talent. He's had a few good races, that's all. Luckily for him they were at the start of the season giving him a head start in the championship. That lead is disappearing race by race though as the other riders build up momentum. I will be very surprised if he wins the championship. Lots of people seem to love him because he's a bit wacky and he does that goon riding thing. But that's only when he's winning. When things don't go his own way he's petulant and bad tempered. He's too young, immature and inexperienced for MotoGP at present.
Absolutely political. Anybody want to place bets on how Miller does in GP?

Realist

September 15, 2014 8:44 PM

MotoGP » Alvaro Bautista confirmed with Gresini Aprilia

Macphisto: Good for Bautista. I think he's a really good rider and if he crashes it's because he tries so hard on inferior machinery. He's on suspension and brakes that no one else uses. I truly believe he could be just as fast as someone like Pedrosa on equal machinery. I'm sure Gresini can see this or they wouldn't have signed him.. It's amazing the amount of people on here just hating
You're kidding yourself if you think he is anything like Pedrosa, and the factory supported Gresini bike is hardly "inferior machinery".

Realist

September 15, 2014 8:02 PM

MotoGP » Smith: We need to learn from Rossi, Lorenzo

Guna4699: @ ProfessorX poor comparison mate... Who expected tech 3 guys to finish in front of factory Yamaha... Cal and Dovi were much better with that bike... expecting pol to improve more next season but in hands of Rossi or Lorenzo that bike could surely see better results this year what current riders produce...
Agreed! Bike notwithstanding, ProfX is attempting to lead us down the path of "Pol/Bradley are equal in talent to Rossi/Lorenzo", and that simply isn't the case. I'd bet my mortgage on it.

Realist

September 17, 2014 7:50 PM

MotoGP » Official: Jack Miller to MotoGP with Honda

ProfessorX: he will be lucky to finish in the top 3 by the end of the season. Ducati are coming.
Now you're just being downright delusional (or pot stirring) if you think for a moment that a Ducati will be in the top 3 by the end of the season, and that Dovi is going to surpass any of the top 4 bikes in points. There would have to be a catastrophe at the front to even make that a realistic possibility (i.e...two of the top 4 missing most of the remaining races). I'm all for giving Dovi and Iannone props for running some fairly strong races, but let's not start getting high off of helium.

Realist

September 15, 2014 11:26 PM

MotoGP » Alvaro Bautista confirmed with Gresini Aprilia

crashnetdummies: I trust Fausto more than a handful of sofa riders. Good luck to AB.
That's a funny statement considering that Bautista was under threat to lose his seat earlier this season, and his future was uncertain. I think Fausto looked around and realized that all of the better riders were more or less contracted. It was either keep AB or run a rookie, and in that case it's better to deal with the devil you know rather than the devil you don't. Let's not sit here and act as though Fausto didn't give Bautista ultimatums due to his performance. The 2013 season showed glimpses of brilliance from Bautista (and looking at his career as a whole, he really hasn't done half bad), so I'm sure that was a consideration.

Realist

September 14, 2014 9:49 PM

MotoGP » Dovizioso: We're getting closer all the time

Codger: Some people find negatives in everything.
I agree to a point, but let's be honest.....the concessions really lessen the impact (..and I'm not saying that the concessions are a cure-all entirely). Having them run up front - even if it's not always the entire race - is a good thing, but it begs to question: "If they were using the same tires as the other factory bikes, would it still happen?" I'm eager to see if Gigi's Duc can make a real impression.

« 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  »