Crash.Net User: Realist

Comments rating: 8664
Position in rating: 7

Show Comments on:

Realist

June 24, 2015 3:50 PM

MotoGP » Redding: We need to build on Barcelona

cont.: HansieMGP I also think Rabat is more talented than Redding as well. He has more than double the wins, double the podiums, and triple the poles.....and 99% of those accolades were achieved while him and Redding raced against each other (..the lovely dissection that people love to quote when discussing Rossi vs Lorenzo vs Stoner as well). As to your Pedrosa statement........yes, I think he is infinitely more talented than Bautista, and his career statistics alone nullify any argument on behalf of Bautista. Anybody but the insanely myopic will agree that Pedrosa is definitely the best rider to have never won a premier class championship.

Realist

June 24, 2015 4:39 PM

MotoGP » Redding: We need to build on Barcelona

MattyMKO745: Comparing both and saying Tito is more talented is a complete joke... You said a lot of times to take a look at statistics... He can have a lot more wins and podiums and pole positions, but as you said, final standings decide... He was champion when faster guys were gone from the class and that says a lot..
It's not a complete joke. Yes, I do think Tito is more talented because........HE WON A WC AND he has better total statistics. My point in bringing up the statistics while they raced together was just a play on the way people here like to break down stats to fit a narrative. I personally don't care about a segmented part of a career. I look at overall stats. Redding also benefited from faster guys being gone from the class, so what applies to Rabat in that case also applies to Redding. I do agree that in isolated years Redding did perform better overall than Rabat. No argument here!

Realist

June 24, 2015 4:23 PM

MotoGP » Redding: We need to build on Barcelona

tobecis: Realist You not back tracking and contradicted yourself are you :)
Nope. What is contradictory? My position hasn't changed. You said Redding is MORE talented. I countered and said that he is not. Hansie said EQUALLY as talented. I countered and said that his statement may or may not be true. Your statement and his statement are very different. :) Redding has done nothing to suggest that he is MORE talented than Bautista. He hasn't even done anything to show that he is as equally as talented as Bautista, but there's a faint possibility that he might be.............somewhere...................lurking deep, deep within him.............waiting to get extracted if all of the planets align and God's mistress gets pregnant. Stranger things have happened. Hayden won a world championship after all. :)

Realist

June 24, 2015 3:44 PM

MotoGP » Redding: We need to build on Barcelona

HansieMGP: Being talented nothing to do with these results, Redding is 22 and Bautista 30. Redding got 2nd in WC 2013 on dead slow bike and got badly injured. If taking your own facts than Pedrosa would be something like 2x talented as Bautista, and Pedrosa is even younger. Surely, that is not realistic.
Being talented has everything to do with results. A talented rider is consistent and gets the results from their package. You can't get win a WC and NOT be talented. Bautista was 21-ish when he won his WC, so what's your point? You speak about Redding's "slow bike" - the same "slow bike" that saw Kallio run 4th to Redding's 2nd that year, and Rabat win the title in 2014 with Kallio coming in 2nd (doesn't seem like such a "dead slow" bike to me) - like Bautista has always had the fastest bike or the best team. Your slow bike argument is dead in the water when the other two riders on MVDS bikes won champions and/or ran up front and won races.

Realist

June 24, 2015 3:34 PM

MotoGP » Redding: We need to build on Barcelona

tobecis: But don't base facts on entirley different scenarios! AB is a good rider not disputing that at all. All I am saying is that SR is equally a good rider with inexperience at present.
Here's the problem with that argument: everybody is quick to use stats to break down who is "better" when it comes to every other rider, but now when the same thing is used to illustrate how Redding performs, it's suddenly not good enough. Most riders achieve things in different scenarios/situations and with varying/different competition, but career statistics are all that we have to go on. You're saying that SR is an equally good rider. That may or may not be true....but that's a very different different argument than what was stated by the other Crash.net member that Redding is more talented.

Realist

June 24, 2015 4:05 PM

MotoGP » Melandri optimistic with new Aprilia swingarm

ProfessorX: it's adversity. And he went from a promising shot at the title to the back of the grid on a bike that can only challenge for 10th position when 5 or 6 people fail to finish the race. I don't blame him, I think Aprilia are full of it, and they would be doing better in supers if they hadn't sent him on an impossible journey. The guy is at the tail end of his career, stuff like this can end it in a big way. He's got a little room to feel aggrieved. what amazes me are the people that call the shots and pretend to not see this stuff happening down the road, I guess money and pride produce some seriously large clouds of stupidity.
I'm shocked! This is probably the first time that I agree with you......and even more shockingly, I agree with everything you posted. Hell must have frozen over today because you actually make sense.

Realist

June 24, 2015 3:58 PM

MotoGP » Redding: We need to build on Barcelona

cont: HansieMGP I'm all for fan loyalty. I get it. I'll be a Rossi, Pedrosa and Bradl fan until my dying days, but I'll also admit when somebody is better [performing] than my favorite rider. I won't sit here and make excuses for Bradl when Espargaro rode the pants off of that same bike. I won't sit here and make excuses for Rossi on the Ducati when Stoner rode the pants off of that bike. I'm willing to admit when a rider just doesn't get on well with a certain bike, and I'm willing to admit when a rider just isn't performing up to standard. Redding fans should do the same. Love him because you love him, but don't try to make him out to be better than he is (or that his career statistics can support). If you're a fan, then just say, "I'm a fan and I like him despite his performances". That....I can get behind and respect.

« 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  »