Crash.Net User: Realist

Comments rating: 9283
Position in rating: 4

Show Comments on:

Realist

July 12, 2015 3:16 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP Germany - Race Results

LiVio: Taking nothing away from Marquez but cannot use 2014 bike forever and such a Honda track even pedrosa got a podium !!!!!!!
He's using the 2014 FRAME. That doesn't equate to the 2014 BIKE. He is still using the 2015 designated engine (which is really all that matters and is outlined in the rules) and the 2015 swingarm, etc. A team can use any frame they want.

Realist

July 12, 2015 9:32 PM

MotoGP » Marquez: I'm having fun again

armin899: I don't agree with you on that. If Jorge starts from pole with Marquez and VR behind him, the he won't be able to run away. The only time he can do that is when there are slowcoaches between him and MM/VR. Catalunya and Lemans are good examples.
You don't have to agree. It doesn't make you right though. Jorge rides better at the front. We've seen it time & time again. Yes, a bunch of grid fillers who used a soft to qualify better do add more work if Marquez or Rossi don't qualify well, but that doesn't change Jorge's strength....which also doubles as the chink in his armor. Jorge can still reel off some consistent, sweeping laps when things align for him. Also, your response has nothing to do with the initial statement that ProfX made, and that I agreed with....which was that the current bike has more stability under braking and is tailored toward Rossi's strength despite being a compromise. It is evident in Rossi's riding.

Realist

July 12, 2015 9:05 PM

MotoGP » Marquez: I'm having fun again

ProfessorX: no, that bike went away after 2013 and Rossi needed a bike he could win a championship on. Last year JOrge couldn't make the electronics work, and the bike was revised for the Yellow Fever to return.
I rarely agree with ProfessorX, but I do on this occasion. The M1 has been revised so Rossi can get on with it (i.e...better stability under braking), and the 2014-2015 seasons are proof of that (in comparison to 2013). The difficulty for Jorge is also what makes him so potent when he has open track: his sweeping 250 riding style. Without clear track, Lorenzo struggles more because of the lines he takes in order to ride quickly.

Realist

July 12, 2015 9:22 PM

MotoGP » Pedrosa surprised by end-of-race pace

BlackMamba99: I am smelling some foul play on Yamaha's part. I bet they messed up Jorge's bike intentionally so that he doesn't finish infront of Rossi. I mean we all saw how Jorge was faster than VR all weekend, why on earth was he so far behind in the race?
Oh God! How about.....Jorge just wasn't fast enough in race conditions this time. It's that simple.

Realist

July 12, 2015 10:15 PM

MotoGP » Podium crucial for championship, says Rossi

arthermo77: We will have to see how Jorge copes with a wet race which might just make for some interesting results. Bit of a shame Honda sorted out their problems but us Vale lovers can't have it all our own way can we!
It would seem that Honda sorted their issues, but it remains to be seen if that will be evident over a span of races. In some ways I hope that the Honda's remain upright and fast, and Lorenzo does okay in the wet........that way, if Rossi wins the WC, people won't be able to say, "...but, but....Honda wasn't up to par (as if the Yamaha was up to par and on equal terms when Marquez was running the show) and Lorenzo failed at [insert race here]".

Realist

July 12, 2015 3:18 PM

MotoGP » Supreme Marquez completes Sachsenring dominance

LiVio: Taking nothing away from Marquez but cannot use 2014 bike forever and such a Honda track even pedrosa got a podium. !!!!!!!!!!

Realist

July 12, 2015 8:54 PM

MotoGP » Podium crucial for championship, says Rossi

armin899: Unlike some people think, the 2nd half of the season is going to be tough for Jorge, especially with Rossi sorting his Qualy problems. We'll also have tricky conditions like Valencia & Silverstone where we Jorge is known for struggling.
Oh stop it!! Lorenzo was really strong the last 9 races of 2014. If you look back, Lorenzo had a strong second half from 2012 - 2014, and he hasn't been particularly bad even prior to that. He'll still be a podium threat, so Rossi won't have it easy. If nothing else, it was Marquez who had a rough second half last year, but prior to that he ran strong as well. I'm rooting for the old fox.

Realist

July 12, 2015 9:16 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP Germany - Race Results

I'm going to agree with Armin here. The Ducati's are just as reliable as the Jap counterparts. I've owned Japanese bikes and I've owned a Ducati 848 that I tracked and raced. It was every bit as reliable as the other bikes and it was built better (and had better material quality) than my 2007 GSXR and 2008 Yamaha R6. Just being objective - after all, I'd be the first to admit if something was costing me unnecessary money due to repairs - I'd never buy another Japanese bike IF I have the option to buy a Ducati. Even if you compare the craftsmanship and quality of the 1199 Panigale next to the BMW S1000RR, you can see how much better built the Panigale is. With that said, the Japanese bikes outsell the other bikes simply due to the cost of entry. They are much easier to obtain and maintain for the casual rider. Ducati's require more skill to work on. None of this has any bearing on the GP effort though.

« 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  »