Crash.Net User: Realist

Comments rating: 6101
Position in rating: 11

Show Comments on:

Realist

November 21, 2014 5:02 PM

MotoGP » Michelin front main question for 2016

Brain: 3. Nonsense, the Factories spend 10's of millions of dollars per year to participate, its nobodies business who they choose to ride THEIR machines. What is this , 1940's Germany.
I agree with this as well. Their CHOICE is THEIR choice. People who slate Pedrosa tend to have a myopic perspective on his role in the team. He's an excellent wingman.......#2 rider.........points sapper (from the opposing riders). He is an entirely capable rider, and he does what a #2 should be doing.

Realist

November 22, 2014 7:11 PM

MotoGP » Michelin front main question for 2016

Indianbear:
Realist:
notm4bs: This is all well and good until Marquez crashes and really gets hurt, then what?
What does that have to do with anything? Dani is more than capable of fighting at the front. In 14 seasons he has only not been 1st, 2nd or 3rd on four occasions. He's got a really solid track record. He can hold his own.
if there where more than four bikes in the race he would be in trouble
There's a flaw in that theory. There were more than "four" bikes in '07, '08, '09, '10 etc. See where I'm going with this? You can't claim that he just so happened to get lucky with all of those 2nd's and 3rd's in the WC's over a lengthy career without looking silly in the process.

Realist

November 21, 2014 7:16 PM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: Marquez talented, brave, takes lot of risks

TF2: I think Marc has had the luxury of being able to stay within the limits of his package in races, and yet have the pace to win. He is great and aggressive in overtaking I agree, and takes his chances - but the way he can shadow others and then make a move when he wants says his package gives him something in hand to play with as well. ..... Which means that MM might be a very different rider without his HRC cushion. That's not 'hate' or any of that kiddie silly stuff against MM, that's just a reasonable observation IMO.
I think you underestimate him quite a bit TF2. MM has dominated without rider aids in M2 and the lower class, and his riding style incorporates a significant amount of insane braking maneuvers where the rear wheel is off of the ground (thus relying simply on the brakes, the front suspension, the balance and the will of the rider). In MM's specific situation, I think the aids play a lesser part in the overall picture.

Realist

November 22, 2014 6:26 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: You have to forget past MotoGP victories

Duds123: That's interesting bud. I agree. If Hayden was on the same bike as MM, how many seconds a lap do you think MM will be quicker by? The other question I ask is, for MM to go quicker than his current times, must he find more speed in himself or must they find it in the bike? In other words, has either him or the bike reached their respective limits?
I can't say for sure, but I would bet that MM would be quicker around the track without a doubt. I think MM is better at exploiting the limits of the bike, and his riding style gels well with the Honda.

Realist

November 21, 2014 7:23 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: You have to forget past MotoGP victories

Duds123: Funny thing, ask anyone of those racers and I think they will agree more with me. Ask Hayden if he was on Marquiz's bike, would he be running up front with the top 4? I think we know his answer! LOL
I don't think Hayden would be in the top 4 on MM's bike. He'd be in the top 10, but not the top 4. Hayden is not the rider.........nothing close to the rider.........that MM or any of the top 4 are.

Realist

November 21, 2014 6:01 PM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: Marquez talented, brave, takes lot of risks

Brain: I initially predicted Lorenzo would outscore Rossi in the second half of the season but not catch him for second or third. After Rossi's dnf and Lorenzo's win, it became not only possible , but probable. To Rossi's credit, he righted the ship and took 2nd . Have fun with 2nd place, next year Lorenzo will restore order in the Yamaha camp and be 2nd in the championship while Rossi falls to at least 3rd.
LOL @ you. You better hope that you don't end up eating your shoe next season.

Realist

November 21, 2014 4:57 PM

MotoGP » Michelin front main question for 2016

TrueFan: Safe to say that the satelite teams will do one or two test each, but the factory teams will do the bulk of the donkey work. No doubt, the data will be shared by teams of the same manufacturer. Smith has already said he has access to factory team data, and I have no doubt the others all do it too. Frankly, even if the current competition IS unfair (per TF2's level playing field criteria for determining good racing), I think it will be a sad day for motorsport if we are denied the spectacle of Marquez riding into a corner with his rear wheel skipping, and tipping it in whilst he maintains a precarious balancing act with the mass of the motorcycle pivoting over a front wheel subject to serious braking forces, while inertia attempts to send the whole mass tangential to the corner he is negotiating. I hope that Michelin can give him a tyre that is up to the task.
Agreed 100%. Thank you for also pointing out what we already knew about sharing data. That

Realist

November 21, 2014 1:35 AM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: Marquez talented, brave, takes lot of risks

NineTimes: I, personally have no hate against Lozzer (i borrowed the word). I even think he is a decent human being as he was the only rider who attended Sic's funeral. Jorge jsu isn't mentally strong as was before and that's mainly because of MM phenomenon and a rejuvenated VR. The popularity or MM & VR has also a big part in that. That was one of the main reasons CS dod retire from the sport (i wish he didn't).
The only rider? Surely you jest! Rossi was there (..of course! They were best friends). RDP was there too......among others.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »