Crash.Net User: Realist

Comments rating: 11779
Position in rating: 5

Show Comments on:

Realist

April 24, 2016 11:17 PM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: Spinning rear cost me chance of win

cathedral: Lorenzo: "i could win with big margin if it were not for the tires"... Well, last time i check, vale and other riders are also using michellin... Why cant you just admit vale is faster, and you dont have the pace?
I agree. I also giggle a bit with his "I was catching Rossi a little bit" comments, when we all could see that Rossi slowed down (just as he said), and then once he saw the gap too low for his tastes, he opened it back up and increased the lead. Lorenzo should've just respond how Rossi responds......"I just wasn't fast enough today".

Realist

April 24, 2016 11:43 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: I couldn't have wanted anything better

This is a perfect (and wildly entertaining) storm brewing. J.Lo announces that he is going to Ducati (and probably expected to come to Jerez and trounce Rossi after that announcement just to rub salt in the wound), only to come to Jerez and lose considerably to Rossi........on his home Spanish soil, and with one Ducati having an issue and the other trying to manage a top 10 spot. Couldn't have written it any better than that.

Realist

April 24, 2016 11:36 PM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: Spinning rear cost me chance of win

mgm: @True Fan You should have listened to JL in parc ferme yesterday: he had the nerve to say that VR pole was maybe done by getting help. 3 feet aways VR was praising JL saying that he had the best pace. And today again the first thing he said was I was going to win but the tyre was spinning. That is his true thinking that he moderates slightly in press conference.
Well said. I think J.Lo definitely feels that he is superior in every way, and doesn't know how to handle being beaten by the guy that he feels is inferior to him. He tempers it for the media, but his "off record" discussions and comments are probably ripe with Rossi vitriol.

Realist

April 20, 2016 7:14 PM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: I needed a new challenge

PaleBlue: There are very few people who don't respect what Jorge has achieved. I am full of admiration for how he bounced back from being destroyed by Rossi and came back re-invented and stronger. I suspect that money and respect are not enough for Jorge. He craves the adoration that Vale gets, and that is something he'll never get. It's not true to say Jorge has no personality, he has, and that's the trouble is, it's plainly not a very pleasant one
I agree with this sentiment as well. No true race fan discounts JLo's achievements. We can all see that when he's on, he's on.....and him and Rossi in Catalunya is probably one of my favorite battles. It was great! The problem is that Crash is used as a barometer for the entire racing population, and that's where the B.S. begins. This site is ripe with immaturity and vitriol, and is not representative of the racing population in its entirety.

Realist

April 20, 2016 9:47 PM

MotoGP » Official: Jorge Lorenzo joins Ducati

Welshie: Of the 20 full time riders in 2002, 11 started the season on 500cc 2 strokes. I'm not Steven Hawking but 11 is more than 9, therefore making my statement factually correct. Most of the field was using 500cc 2 strokes. Rossi was one of 2 people at the start of the season who was on arguable the most utterly dominant bike ever. It was leagues ahead of the other 4 strokes, M1, the Aprilia Cube, the GSXRR and all the 2 strokes and Rossi was on one of only 2 of that bike in the field.
Stay on beat Welshie. I already explicitly stated in a much earlier post that I was referring to Rossi's DIRECT COMPETITION......aka...the top guys on factory bikes. Maybe you need to read this discussion from the start to refresh your memory and find your bearings. :)

Realist

April 20, 2016 7:21 PM

MotoGP » Jerez podium a must for Rossi

sage:
Realist:
Sete: Championships won on consistency somehow have a hollow ring about them. I like to see championships go to riders who have most wins, fastest laps, poles etc. not some bloke who finishes second all the time and doesn't fall off cause he's not pushing the limits.
So is Marquez's 2013 WC hollow? He didn't have the most wins (J.Lo did). He won based on podium consistency. How about J.Lo's 2012 WC? Dani Pedrosa had the most wins. What won J.Lo the title that year? His podium consistency. He bested Pedrosa by a mere 18 points. So by your definition, that would have a hollow ring to it as well, right?
So rossi already has his 10 title according to your system ,because he won more then everyone else in 2006 .
Your reading comprehension is absolutely atrocious. How on Earth did you conjure up such a ridiculous conclusion?

Realist

April 20, 2016 7:57 PM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: I needed a new challenge

juggaknot: Sorry, but you'll find immaturity and vitriol in worse places than CRASH! I frequent many social media outlets as well as motorsport websites, and sadly the VAST majority of Rossi fans are immature and have zero respect for his competitors. Jorge especially. I dare you to go look, but the Mature unblinkered Rossi fan is few and far between.
The internet is not representative of the entire subset of fans for any given rider, and not everybody are into message forums. With the millions and millions of fans Rossi has, how can you make such a broad statement? There's no way to quantify anything you've said.

Realist

April 20, 2016 7:50 PM

MotoGP » Lorenzo: I needed a new challenge

BMWR1200GSA: I think the Ducati is looking good because of the changes and the rest are playing catch up next year normal service will resume and the Japanese manufacturers will rule again its just like the 2007 changes again but without the Casey effect
Ummm....normal service resumed in 2008. The Japanese have won every year since then, and have more or less always ruled. I don't understand the basis for your comment at all.

Realist

April 20, 2016 10:03 PM

MotoGP » Official: Jorge Lorenzo joins Ducati

Welshie: If you want to devalue Lorenzo's 2010 and 2012 titles because he had the advantage of injured rivals, then equally Rossi's 2002 title at least is devalued by the same argument, given the dominance of the machine he was on. And if not, then Casey Stoners title in 2007 was just as well earned as Rossi's 2002 one.
..and at what point did I devalue Lorenzo's titles? Find a statement where I have taken anything away from Lorenzo's brilliance on the bike. Don't worry, I'll wait. P.S. I think Stoner's titles were well earned as well.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »