Crash.Net User: benignlyindifferent

Comments rating: 4652
Position in rating: 17

Show Comments on:

benignlyindifferent

March 25, 2015 11:37 AM

F1 » Renault slams Red Bull, accuses it of ‘lies’


Why would VW consider F1, badged as a VW or Audi? There were rumblings last year of interest for the car company, perpetually in the top three in the world. The value of Mercedes advertising presence through its participation in 2014 was $2.8bn, significantly greater than its budget. For all of F1's problems it continues to be a great way to promote an automobile brand. Why else would Renault be again considering a works team with their motor ills, or why would Pirelli stick with F1 in past years despite the open team criticism. F1 is a large promotional beast despite its obvious problems.

benignlyindifferent

March 23, 2015 10:13 AM

F1 » Williams urges more fan research to develop F1


I think a survey would be a great idea, provided the FIA listens and acts upon some of the recommendations this time. However, a survey is not required to see some of the failings of the sport. For instance, the horrific imbalance of television revenues remains problematic and no survey is required to come to this conclusion. Meanwhile, Indycar has just upped the fees they pay to the teams, and while small, these are balanced. All teams receive an equal base share of the revenues. Next, additional bonuses are paid for the race results. This is simplistic and fair, however, the big F1 teams do not mind the chaos of the backmarkers provided they are bringing in their massive shares. I suspect that if 60%of the television revenues were equally divided amongst the teams and the remaining 40% went to bonuses for results, most of the funding issues would be mitigated a great deal.

benignlyindifferent

March 22, 2015 10:45 PM

F1 » Fernando Alonso set for health assessment


Nascar, Indycar, and F1 use what is essentially the ImPACT test (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing). Drivers are first tested when healthy and results compared to their post crash performance. Variances mean exclusion from the race. As a kart racer I had none of the former, however, my reactions were assessed agains the norm and the decision to participate in karting and mountain bike racing was made based on the results. People can suffer major blows to the head and receive minor or no concussion, and they can receive a slight blow and be majorly concussed. In Fernando's case he lost consciousness, was confused, and likely failed his first ImPACT (FIA equivalent) test causing him to miss Australia. His time in the simulator likely indicated his reactions were good and his ability to focus without headache was likely another positive indicator. I hope all is well and he is back for Malaysia.

benignlyindifferent

March 22, 2015 10:34 PM

F1 » Fernando Alonso set for health assessment


I raced shifter karts for years, and was concussed, and I know the protocol. Reaction time has everything to do with it as it indicates other apparent and not so apparent problems in the brain. The racing communities of F1, Indycar, etc. have very similar and thorough processes in place and these have nothing to do with pushing one's self for a day or two before taking the reaction component of the test. Alonso is following the medically recognized protocols and these are thorough and conclusive.


Page 3 of 107
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »

Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.

© 1999 - 2015 Crash Media Group

The total or partial reproduction of text, photographs or illustrations is not permitted in any form.