Crash.Net User: therealDave

Comments rating: 845
Position in rating: 143

Show Comments on:

therealDave

June 04, 2014 1:43 AM

MotoGP » Jack Miller ‘pissed off’ by Penalty Points

Makrus: Not sure the answer wasnt written. Though in an earlier interview with honda they said it was in the cards. That was a while ago though. Still havent heard anything about regretting the quit though.
Not sure? So you don't have all the facts then? It's either written, spoken or doesn't exist? Not sure falls into the bucked of "I don't know". I don't know if CS regrets quitting or not but that's muy opinion which is no less valid than yours. I don't know if Honda will get him back but if they do, my opinion is it wont be because CS made the offer. This opinion is based on Honda letting VR go while at the height of his powers because Honda knows best and won't be led. I doubt that Honda will be "led" by CS!

therealDave

June 01, 2014 11:28 PM

MotoGP » Marquez beats Lorenzo in epic Mugello battle

Great race! Well done MM, JLo & VR!! Special mention for Jlo who gave the sport a much needed show!!! If people cannot appreciate MM ability and constantly bang on about the Honda, they need their heads read as the Yam didn't look to be at any disadvantage with VR (old fraud that he is) bringing it from 10th to 3rd only 2.2 seconds behind and Jlo could have won the race as easily as MM did. If people cant appreciate JL ability then they need their heads read (I appreciate his ability, just don't like his personality...before all the bashers jump on). I even stated earlier this year that as soon as Yam concentrate on him a little and he gets in the right head space, he will be back. If people can't appreciate what VR did (10th to 3rd and within the first 4 laps) then they need their heads read. If it wasn't for the Jlo battle with MM, VR ride is all anyone would be talking about. Then, just factor in what may have been if VR qualified better than 10th?????

therealDave

June 01, 2014 11:55 PM

MotoGP » Marquez 'nearly crashed in every corner'

Marc (and JLo) were both pushing 100% regardless of what they do or don't say. You only had to watch the race! If Jlo didn't get a good result here, he wasnt going to get a good result anywhere. Bigger break rotors, stickier edge grip rubber and a track which apart from the 1.1km straight (favouring Honda), was all free flowing curves (favouring Yamaha). Hense, the Honda strategy of passing on the straight. Jlo is back I have no doubt but in my opinion, wont be pushing MM like this unless they are on Yamaha friendly tracks (if there is such a thing anymore) that have lots of freel flowing corners for Jlo to take advantage of the stickier edge grip tires. Just my opinion...

therealDave

June 04, 2014 1:34 AM

MotoGP » Jack Miller ‘pissed off’ by Penalty Points

how the feck do you know that? Are you for real? Thats just an un educated opinion. Sounds to me he is happy he has quit, and honda would invite him back for another test at some point anyway. But thats cool im sure you gathered all information from hanging out with the stoner family and sitting with casey as he converses with honda. yeah... Mak, unless you do hang out with the stoner's, your opinion is every bit as uneducated as mine so I cannot fathom how you are so sure I am wrong but you are some how right???? And you still didn't answer the question....did Honda accept his offer??? In 2012, Nakosan couldn't state enough how CS will always be welcome so if he doesn't come out and publicly accept CS offer, wouldn't you take that as a "bugger off we don't need you anymore" approach?

therealDave

June 04, 2014 12:30 AM

MotoGP » Jack Miller ‘pissed off’ by Penalty Points

@Makrus, Are you for real? You don't for one moment think that such an offer would be because CS wants to keep his foot in the "door" because he now regrets quitting. If Honda believes they are owed something, do you not think they will go after it and get it of their own valition? Did Honda accept his offer? Please, try not to bring up the CS factor on a Jack Miller thread as the two are worlds apart in terms of character and I would hate Jacks "rep" to be in any way linked to CS. @V4, I actually like Jack a lot. What are you on about that he doesn't smile, did you not see any of his podium celebrations and I love the F bomb dropped in joy! I am not critical of his commentary rather understanding that he is and has been to this point, better than that! On any topic, a hater will generally assume rather than think about the facts of the situation....

therealDave

June 03, 2014 11:52 PM

MotoGP » Jack Miller ‘pissed off’ by Penalty Points

I agree with his sentiment that there is no consistancy! I like his riding style and ability and he will be WC sooner or later! I don't think he needs to play the role of the "telling it how it is" Aussie who is right when he's right, wrong or not even involved. Before you jump over my post lets examine the facts.... Jack stuffed up and he admitted it (that's character and shows what a good sport he is). Jack got punnished for his mistake (no issue there when looking specifically at this incident). So with these facts in mind, this whole episode is about "why did I get punnished and the other's didn't last week or the week before?" I AGREE THAT THE INCONSISTANCY SUCKS AND IS A JOKE but Jack can only control how he behaves and conducts himself. As an Aussie, I don't think its a lot to ask for a sports Icon you can be proud of not for their stats but how they conduct themselves????

therealDave

June 01, 2014 11:35 PM

MotoGP » ‘Great emotion’ as Rossi returns to Mugello podium

titfortat:
lux:
titfortat: This race confirmed to me more than any that he just is too old now, the young guys are just too fast for him and he will never compete for wins again.
This post won't be popular, and maybe he might fight for a win again, but still it's overall true. He's not too old to be competitive, but he's missing those 2-3 tenths per lap that would make him a constant win contender. In this case it was T4, but it's always those few tenths missing that would allow him to bring the fight to MM. It's not a critique, it's actually amazing Vale is still there and still so hungry after all this time. As often said, a pure legend.
It is also a fact that the young learn faster, they'll always be one step ahead now, it is a shame, Rossi was amazing in his day, but lets be honest, he his old, he cannot ever compete again.
You mean apart from 2014 where he is 2nd in the WC after 6 rounds!

therealDave

June 01, 2014 11:46 PM

MotoGP » Lorenzo lights up Mugello with Marquez battle

Thanks to Yamaha for the work???? Only change from last round was the allowable use of 340mm rotors and tires with sticker edge grip, neither of Yamaha's doing. Another poster hit the nail on the head, it's contract time and until this race, Jlo's position wasn't looking so crash (pardon the pun). So now with a good result, its all about Yamaha, hey Jorge? As for the rotors, that was a safety push from the safety committee so good job! JLo dissagrees as he states that Yamaha found something in breaking! As for the sticker edge grip tires, now if this was VR calling for them and then getting them, can you imagine the conspiracy theorists rants..... Great race JLo and full credit to you. I appreciate your ability but please, keep the BS to yourself.

therealDave

June 02, 2014 1:54 AM

MotoGP » Lorenzo lights up Mugello with Marquez battle

"Do you work for Yamaha Racing, how do you know whether they made improvements or not?" @VKal, Fair point! So is it more rational that Yamaha found something after 5 rounds and its simply coinsident that this improvement coencided with the allowance of bigger rotors and the indroduction of stickier edge grip tires? Another way to look at it then would be that Yamaha found something, added to that was bigger rotors and added to that was stickier rubber and JLo STILL cant beat MM. Of the 3 options (JLo speaking BS, coincidence or no hope with all that), which is most rational?

therealDave

June 01, 2014 5:25 AM

MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: We made a big mistake

Not to sound blindly optimistic or on drugs, and I don't think for a minute he can win, but does anyone else see half a smirk in that photo? He looked more disappointed after qualifying 6th or 7th on the Ducati! Like I said, I have ruled out the possibility of a win but his pace is good, his confidence in himself and the bike are high and he's at Mugello. I would not rule out a podium, especially if the start goes his way and he's up to 6 or 5 by the second or third lap.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »