Crash.Net User: Salan

Comments rating: 382
Position in rating: 333

Show Comments on:

Salan

April 03, 2013 5:32 PM

F1 » HAVE YOUR SAY: Can Massa beat Alonso?

The way Massa is going currently I'm sure he will at the very least give him a run for his money. This makes it more exciting overall inter team rivalry needs to be close for the teams to justify two drivers. From the fans point of view, if the relationship between the drivers on the track isn't competitive this renders the team very boring overall. The more excitement the better the fan base.

Salan

April 09, 2013 4:04 PM

F1 » McNish: Mercedes favouring Hamilton

Bob, why you find it ridicules and insulting perhaps shows how out of touch you are with the sport since they reintroduced team orders. Lets get real, Ross Brawn had to explain the reasons for holding station further to Rosberg who was specifically told Hamilton could go faster but was conserving fuel.When Rosberg overtook Hamilton, Lewis in turn overtook him right back which shows Nico wasn't able to do a runner so to speak. What is it with this Hamilton fanboy dribble you keep referring to, what is the big deal with being a Hamilton fan or any other f1 driver on the current paddock. Let sleeping dogs lie my dear fellow, time and again you seem to be speaking to one audience. Expand your horizon and address the thread at hand. In reference to McNish and his comment. I would tend to agree with him. Deep down after acquiring the services of Hamilton (who has according to Mercedes themselves uplifted the team) they would prefer him to be in a strong position and not to have any doubts

Salan

April 09, 2013 5:10 PM

F1 » McNish: Mercedes favouring Hamilton

Bob, What can I say, I understood your analysis in your first post without you having to explain it further. However there is a flip argument to your prognosis which is if Rosberg wasn't able to overtake Hamilton during the race and was asking to overtake him when the race was at it's end when it was evident his team mate was basically limping. The team felt it unfair for Hamilton to give up his position on account of the fuel issue miscalculated by the team and as such issued the order to hold station.

Salan

April 09, 2013 7:03 PM

F1 » McNish: Mercedes favouring Hamilton

I see you've thrown your hat in the ring Richard, Your quite right to some degree however we were not privy to the radio messages at RBR in relation to conserving fuel. With Mercedes however Ross was quite explicit when he told Nico to hold position and had to explain further. Nevertheless we don't need this type of racing so early in the season.

Salan

April 11, 2013 7:23 PM

F1 » F1 China 2013: I'd probably do same again, says Vettel

Typical attitude to take I suppose if you are of that selfish nature. Nonetheless in such a cut throat sport where there are no points for being a Mr. nice guy it probably is the right attitude to take. Mind you it doesn't say much for the respect held for the team principal. I'm sure there will be nothing but fireworks between these two drivers for the foreseeable future.

Salan

May 03, 2013 10:35 AM

F1 » Brawn: Mercedes has work still to do

Gentlemen, what have I missed? You mean someone has actually accused Taipan of racism? What is this world coming to if you can't distinguish banter from constructive criticism from racism.Talk about taking things to heart. People should lighten up. I am aware of Taipan's views and I welcome them openly otherwise what would be the point of a forum with everyone agreeing. Variety is the spice of life. Thank god we live in a free society where everyone is free to express their opinion and that is all that Taipan has conveyed. Keep the faith!

Salan

April 02, 2013 9:52 PM

F1 » Button: I can still be champion

Buzz45, I think you should read the Daily Mirror article again. He was not answering a specific question but rather talking in general that he should not be written off. Even if he was asked that specific question he should have, suffice to say, simply said it's far too early to rule anyone out. But then again it seems a rather stupid question to ask a professional F1 driver only two races into the season.

Salan

April 02, 2013 6:19 PM

F1 » Button: I can still be champion

A bit odd that Jenson feels compelled to state "I can still be champion" at such an early stage. Only two races in and he feels the need to remind us that he is still in the running. At this juncture I doubt anybody would disagree as anything is possible at such an early stage. It's a development race so calm down Jenson, we know you still have a chance, no need to vocalise it. Unless of course you doubt it yourself and need to vocalise it to remind yourself. Either way I hope you are in the running because the more possibilities of contenders the greater the F1 show.

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  »