Crash.Net User: Salan

Comments rating: 256
Position in rating: 413

Show Comments on:

Salan

April 09, 2013 5:10 PM

F1 » McNish: Mercedes favouring Hamilton

Bob, What can I say, I understood your analysis in your first post without you having to explain it further. However there is a flip argument to your prognosis which is if Rosberg wasn't able to overtake Hamilton during the race and was asking to overtake him when the race was at it's end when it was evident his team mate was basically limping. The team felt it unfair for Hamilton to give up his position on account of the fuel issue miscalculated by the team and as such issued the order to hold station.

Salan

April 09, 2013 4:04 PM

F1 » McNish: Mercedes favouring Hamilton

Bob, why you find it ridicules and insulting perhaps shows how out of touch you are with the sport since they reintroduced team orders. Lets get real, Ross Brawn had to explain the reasons for holding station further to Rosberg who was specifically told Hamilton could go faster but was conserving fuel.When Rosberg overtook Hamilton, Lewis in turn overtook him right back which shows Nico wasn't able to do a runner so to speak. What is it with this Hamilton fanboy dribble you keep referring to, what is the big deal with being a Hamilton fan or any other f1 driver on the current paddock. Let sleeping dogs lie my dear fellow, time and again you seem to be speaking to one audience. Expand your horizon and address the thread at hand. In reference to McNish and his comment. I would tend to agree with him. Deep down after acquiring the services of Hamilton (who has according to Mercedes themselves uplifted the team) they would prefer him to be in a strong position and not to have any doubts

Salan

April 03, 2013 5:32 PM

F1 » HAVE YOUR SAY: Can Massa beat Alonso?

The way Massa is going currently I'm sure he will at the very least give him a run for his money. This makes it more exciting overall inter team rivalry needs to be close for the teams to justify two drivers. From the fans point of view, if the relationship between the drivers on the track isn't competitive this renders the team very boring overall. The more excitement the better the fan base.

Salan

April 02, 2013 9:52 PM

F1 » Button: I can still be champion

Buzz45, I think you should read the Daily Mirror article again. He was not answering a specific question but rather talking in general that he should not be written off. Even if he was asked that specific question he should have, suffice to say, simply said it's far too early to rule anyone out. But then again it seems a rather stupid question to ask a professional F1 driver only two races into the season.

Salan

April 02, 2013 6:19 PM

F1 » Button: I can still be champion

A bit odd that Jenson feels compelled to state "I can still be champion" at such an early stage. Only two races in and he feels the need to remind us that he is still in the running. At this juncture I doubt anybody would disagree as anything is possible at such an early stage. It's a development race so calm down Jenson, we know you still have a chance, no need to vocalise it. Unless of course you doubt it yourself and need to vocalise it to remind yourself. Either way I hope you are in the running because the more possibilities of contenders the greater the F1 show.

Salan

March 26, 2013 3:23 PM

F1 » Hamilton insists: We have no number one

Be that as it is, whether there is a number one driver or not is irrelevant at such an early stage of the F1 season. In essence Rosberg should have been allowed to pass and on reflection Lewis knows it. Why he didn't let him pass is anyone's guess. I suppose we could argue that due to all drivers competitive nature they would never let someone by without fighting for it.

Salan

March 20, 2013 4:35 PM

F1 » Hamilton 'pleased to prove people wrong'

Markfrankhamf1, I'm sure you should be more than optimistic this season. Mercedes have a new vigor about them and this isn't just because Lewis has joined the team but rather a concerted effort on their part to establish the team as they use to be when they where last in F1. So you should naturally have a spring in your step. They will be front runners soon enough.

Salan

March 20, 2013 4:04 PM

F1 » Hamilton 'pleased to prove people wrong'

Richard, I'm surprised you have gone out of your way to point out that none of the top teams are the finished product. We all know it's a development race, likewise who said that the Mercedes is the finished product either. Horner was complaining about the tyres as were Mclaren and Ferrari hardly excuses in that case I would have thought. It seems you are criticizing the Mercedes team while pointing out the blatant obvious. If our previous exchanges is anything to go by I'm sure you can come up with a stronger argument. Do not take my post to heart, just having a dig at you on this occasion. Regards

Salan

March 17, 2013 2:33 PM

F1 » Hamilton delighted with maiden Mercedes outing

I'm amazed at the constant negativity towards Hamilton here on Crash be it from the Jensen brigade or just folks who can't stand the mention of Lewis. It's really funny, any Hamilton thread that comes up and out come these folks who seem to harbour this deep hatred for this guy. It's remarkable, of course there are the usual suspects who never miss the opportunity to have a dig at him here on Crash. I mean really, you have to wonder why is it that the Hamilton threads are always the most talked about here, even when he isn't particularly active in a race. What does it matter if your a fanatical fan or not. It seems there is a deep rooted war of attrition between Jensen fans and Lewis ones. Considering they are both British I don't see what all the fuss is about. I understand the need for the occasional debate but this is beyond the norm, it really is becoming cumbersome. I can only hope that these folks move on from their constant always precarious view which we are all aware of.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »