Crash.Net User: Salan

Comments rating: 367
Position in rating: 323

Show Comments on:

Salan

April 09, 2013 5:10 PM

F1 » McNish: Mercedes favouring Hamilton

Bob, What can I say, I understood your analysis in your first post without you having to explain it further. However there is a flip argument to your prognosis which is if Rosberg wasn't able to overtake Hamilton during the race and was asking to overtake him when the race was at it's end when it was evident his team mate was basically limping. The team felt it unfair for Hamilton to give up his position on account of the fuel issue miscalculated by the team and as such issued the order to hold station.

Salan

April 09, 2013 7:03 PM

F1 » McNish: Mercedes favouring Hamilton

I see you've thrown your hat in the ring Richard, Your quite right to some degree however we were not privy to the radio messages at RBR in relation to conserving fuel. With Mercedes however Ross was quite explicit when he told Nico to hold position and had to explain further. Nevertheless we don't need this type of racing so early in the season.

Salan

April 11, 2013 7:23 PM

F1 » F1 China 2013: I'd probably do same again, says Vettel

Typical attitude to take I suppose if you are of that selfish nature. Nonetheless in such a cut throat sport where there are no points for being a Mr. nice guy it probably is the right attitude to take. Mind you it doesn't say much for the respect held for the team principal. I'm sure there will be nothing but fireworks between these two drivers for the foreseeable future.

Salan

May 16, 2013 1:22 PM

F1 » 'Old boy' Button ‘thrilled’ by Honda return

I'm not too sure that Jenson should necessarily be thrilled, perhaps for want of a better word, welcoming their return would be more appropriate. Considering we cannot foresee that far into the future. Jenson may not want to continue with McLaren likewise Honda may have a condition to employee a Japanese driver making for the other seat to be extremely competitive. Anyway it's not even next year that we are talking about, so I personally would have preferred him to be more diplomatic with his answer. as I wouldn't want him to have egg on his face. Always leave an exit strategy I say.

Salan

May 12, 2013 12:24 PM

F1 » Button and Perez see season slipping away from McLaren

It's pretty sad to see McLaren languishing. Of course for one reason or another there are those who are happy to see McLaren in this position. I personally would love to see McLaren right up there amongst the contenders as it adds to the mix not to mention to be able to evaluate just how competitive Jenson and Sergio would be between each other. Richard, what's happened to you, you seem to be every where on this site drawing as much attention to the fact that you don't appreciate Hamilton in the slightest. I'm sure folks are already aware of your views. The fact that you constantly feel the need to wind-up does not bode well for future constructive arguments as people are aware of your agenda. Keep the Faith Richard don't take my commentary to heart.

Salan

May 17, 2013 12:27 PM

F1 » Brawn confident of containing rivalry

It's imperative to have a cordial relationship with respect, they don't particularly have to be friends however most driver relationships are at the start friendly. As soon as one dominates the other you tend to see the animosity start to express itself in one form or another. Lewis can get flustered when he is beaten fair and square. I hope he has learnt to control this particular trait. What you find is they tend to lose control of their demeanour when they aren't doing as well as their respective team mates. Over time I have noticed this particularly with Lewis. In a way for us viewers it sometimes adds to the spice of life to see these sparks manifest themselves on track.

Salan

May 09, 2013 12:43 PM

F1 » Hamilton enjoys Mercedes freedom

Taipan, you must love the negativity your posts generate ever time you jump on the Hamilton bandwagon. I would have thought by now your posts would be in the constructive criticism category. I see this isn't the case and it s amplified by your incessant negativity at any Hamilton thread that appears. It just so happens I was defending your posts the other day in relation to some nut who referred to you as a racist, we most certainly can't have that type of assertions, nevertheless I would have thought at the very least from time to time you would also balance your criticism with a few positives, hardly the case I see! Oh well try as I may I think I may be flogging a dead horse I guess futile on my part never mind. Keep the faith!

Salan

May 05, 2013 1:20 PM

F1 » Wolff: Kubica 'helping' Mercedes

Robert was a exceptionally talented driver and had it not been for his unfortunate accident he most certainly would have been one of the best of the contenders. Don't know who's helping who here the thread should really read "Mercedes helping Kubica" rather than the other way around as he needs more assistance, that is, should he be fully capable of getting back in a F1 car and eventually trying to obtain a drive. Personally I hope he does as I would rank him among the top 5 if he gets his old mojo back.

Salan

May 03, 2013 10:35 AM

F1 » Brawn: Mercedes has work still to do

Gentlemen, what have I missed? You mean someone has actually accused Taipan of racism? What is this world coming to if you can't distinguish banter from constructive criticism from racism.Talk about taking things to heart. People should lighten up. I am aware of Taipan's views and I welcome them openly otherwise what would be the point of a forum with everyone agreeing. Variety is the spice of life. Thank god we live in a free society where everyone is free to express their opinion and that is all that Taipan has conveyed. Keep the faith!

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »