Crash.Net User: LJ

Comments rating: 119
Position in rating: 758

Show Comments on:

LJ

February 10, 2014 4:46 PM

F1 » Lotus performances hurt Kovalainen chances

fourteenseven: im sure kamui's cash helped ease fernandes mind in the choice too.
£1 million is a drop in the bucket for any F1 team. So I don't think the money played as much as some people are to believe. Fernandes spoke of "that glint in Kamui's eye" in other words, his passion for racing and wanting to compete and be successful was much stronger than Kovalainen's.. And I think thats the real reason he was picked. What I don't understand is that Kamui had reportedly secured closer to 8 million euro before the 2013 season, much of it being sponsorship... But that so far hasn't been translated to Caterham.. Unless those reports were false to begin with...

LJ

February 10, 2014 4:39 PM

F1 » Lotus 'ran without major problems'

107SS2009: “Ran without any major problems” Two days with 100km allowed on each day, on the first day they managed one lap (aprox 4.5km), on the second day they managed the full allocated 100km.
With being allowed 2x100km days for promotional filming, I wonder if that means they're still allowed another 95k of "filming" since they didn't get any real running the first day. I'm glad to hear that Renault seem to be getting ontop of the engine issues. But 20 odd laps at slow speed doesn't really tell us much. We'll have to wait to Bahrain to see if things really are better for all the Renault powered teams.

LJ

February 03, 2014 11:53 AM

F1 » Global TV audience ‘fell by 50 million’

If you do some simple maths, most of the loss is down to some countries going from free broadcasts to subscription based. But I must admit I didn't watch many of the last few races live, choosing to watch recordings.. My method was, see if anyone jumps Vettel at the start, if not.. Fast forward to the end. Saved myself hours of boredom.

LJ

February 05, 2014 8:40 AM

F1 » Renault was already behind schedule – Kobayashi

I'm trying not to get worried about Jerez setbacks as no teams have run at full steam yet. Redbull and Renault have had issues before and always seem to come out on top.. If anything the fact that Kamui is the one who has the most experience with Renault's new engine, he should be getting more attention from Renault over anything he doesn't like or isn't working. My main hope is that Caterham come up with some more aggressive bodywork as it looks like they've been very innovative at the front and super conservative at the back with some of the widest sidepods I've ever seen.

LJ

February 04, 2014 11:38 PM

F1 » Blame Ferrari for double points – Ecclestone

I bet this silly rule gets scrapped before the end of the season. Once the teams see how unpopular it is with the fans, they'll probably have a big meeting and agree to drop it. It's one thing adding things like KERS and DRS, it's another totally giving some races more points than others, just because one team has been successful. We didn't go changing the points system when Ferrari were dominating, so why now?

LJ

February 03, 2014 6:50 PM

F1 » Walker ‘confident’ of Melbourne extension

I'd love to see some other Australian venues potentially host a GP (if the tracks were good). But it's rare that Melbourne has a dull race and I always look forward to it, not just because it's usually the opening race. Another place I'd love to see a race at is New Zealand, but since Bernie loves milking governments and private track owners alike.. Thats likely to never happen.

LJ

January 27, 2014 8:40 PM

F1 » Kaltenborn confident in Sauber pairing

Zedd: It's funny that too many moves can make you look like you might be out of the picture because you don't form any relationships (Hulk) while staying with the same team makes you look like you have no better options and that you'll also be out of the picture soon (di Resta). At the moment I think if you are in a mid-pack team then doing as Hulkenberg has is probably about right because none of these teams seem to really value their drivers the way that the top teams seem to.
Williams wouldn't have Hulk back and I don't think Sauber got on well with him from what I've read. So apart with VJ's obsession with European drivers, he had nowhere to go other than Force India. While I think Hulk is a good driver, I don't have an unnatural obsession with him like the media/pundits seem to.

LJ

January 24, 2014 12:37 AM

F1 » Kobayashi admits: Ferrari weren’t happy with me

Fullofit: There is bit more to this story ... I've heard talk pretty reliably that Ferrari are planning on running the 1.6 V6 at Le Mans as early as this year. It seems what started out as a novel way to test the engine in the back of a specially modified LaFerrari has given some positive figures that surprised the manufacturer, & things are now working towards having 2 of those cars on the Le Mans grid mid year. Kobayashi would have been part of those plans, so no wonder Ferrari are a bit unhappy.
Hopefully he hasn't burned any bridges, I would like to see him go back to Ferrari to compete in WEC after he retires from F1. But he has plenty to offer F1, and I find it a ridiculous state of affairs when only Caterham have offered him a drive.

LJ

January 23, 2014 7:05 PM

F1 » Kobayashi admits: Ferrari weren’t happy with me

Fact is Ferrari want experienced, yet fast and hungry racers for their F1 team. If Kobayashi wants to drive for Ferrari's F1 team for real he needs to be on track proving his abilities to everyone. You just have to look back at Button to see how long he waited for a win and his first title. You have to be in the sport to have any chance, even if it's at the back of the grid for a year (which Button was with Honda until his breakthrough year in 2009). Kamui has had lots of struggles Toyota pulling out, then being booted by Sauber after his best season, he's due a run of success imho.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »