Crash.Net User: LJ

Comments rating: 181
Position in rating: 570

Show Comments on:

LJ

March 17, 2014 8:49 PM

F1 » Kobayashi escapes punishment for Massa crash

I'm a big fan of Kamui, but when I see him crashing lately.. I just know the trolls and haters are going to be out in full swing. They don't care that there was a failure in the brake system.. They just blame the driver. I also don't understand why Massa gets so much adoration or attention, he's over the hill, past it, ever since his near fatal accident and despite supposedly having the 2nd best car on the grid.. I just don't seem him scoring many if any podiums this year. His outburst towards Kamui reminded me of Trulli from Brazil 2009 when he was ranting about Sutil.. It's got a ring of desperation, that he knows he's on his way out...

LJ

March 10, 2014 4:50 PM

F1 » Kobayashi revved up for F1 return

Taz, we don't know how fast it is.. Caterham never did any qualifying runs and the pace did improve a lot in the last week while being more reliable than the other Renault power teams. Granted I don't expect them to be the fastest on the grid, but I'll be honestly surprised if they're the slowest either.

LJ

March 03, 2014 11:14 PM

F1 » Caterham sure it is closer to midfield

Russell13: The car is reliable because of the size of its rear allows ample cooling but this also is not good for allowing air to the rear of the floor/defuser and rear wing. Please correct me if I am wrong
Agreed, and this is my biggest worry.. However my hope is that they intend to bring a more compact, slimmer chassis later in the season. I believe their thinking is to make sure they can finish the first few races, especially Malaysia and Bahrain which will likely be very hot. Ted Kravitz claims they intend to ditch the current nose for something similar to Lotus' 2 pronged tusk design to be ready for Barcelona. So clearly they aren't just going to run the same car all year.

LJ

February 24, 2014 6:05 PM

F1 » Kobayashi: Caterham F1 have to be worried

One thing I like about Kamui is unless he's told otherwise he'll usually give you the truth.... Which brings me to why are a few of you guys misinterpreting what he has said? He isn't disappointed in Caterham, but he is obviously frustrated with how far behind Renault are. Fortunately, I think their is more performance hidden away in that power unit as it exists, they are just not exploiting all the systems at all. And because they aren't able to run the PU at anywhere near it's full potential, they aren't able to get a true sense of how good/bad the car and what needs improving aero wise.

LJ

February 10, 2014 4:46 PM

F1 » Lotus performances hurt Kovalainen chances

fourteenseven: im sure kamui's cash helped ease fernandes mind in the choice too.
£1 million is a drop in the bucket for any F1 team. So I don't think the money played as much as some people are to believe. Fernandes spoke of "that glint in Kamui's eye" in other words, his passion for racing and wanting to compete and be successful was much stronger than Kovalainen's.. And I think thats the real reason he was picked. What I don't understand is that Kamui had reportedly secured closer to 8 million euro before the 2013 season, much of it being sponsorship... But that so far hasn't been translated to Caterham.. Unless those reports were false to begin with...

LJ

February 10, 2014 4:39 PM

F1 » Lotus 'ran without major problems'

107SS2009: “Ran without any major problems” Two days with 100km allowed on each day, on the first day they managed one lap (aprox 4.5km), on the second day they managed the full allocated 100km.
With being allowed 2x100km days for promotional filming, I wonder if that means they're still allowed another 95k of "filming" since they didn't get any real running the first day. I'm glad to hear that Renault seem to be getting ontop of the engine issues. But 20 odd laps at slow speed doesn't really tell us much. We'll have to wait to Bahrain to see if things really are better for all the Renault powered teams.

LJ

February 05, 2014 8:40 AM

F1 » Renault was already behind schedule – Kobayashi

I'm trying not to get worried about Jerez setbacks as no teams have run at full steam yet. Redbull and Renault have had issues before and always seem to come out on top.. If anything the fact that Kamui is the one who has the most experience with Renault's new engine, he should be getting more attention from Renault over anything he doesn't like or isn't working. My main hope is that Caterham come up with some more aggressive bodywork as it looks like they've been very innovative at the front and super conservative at the back with some of the widest sidepods I've ever seen.

LJ

February 04, 2014 11:38 PM

F1 » Blame Ferrari for double points – Ecclestone

I bet this silly rule gets scrapped before the end of the season. Once the teams see how unpopular it is with the fans, they'll probably have a big meeting and agree to drop it. It's one thing adding things like KERS and DRS, it's another totally giving some races more points than others, just because one team has been successful. We didn't go changing the points system when Ferrari were dominating, so why now?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »