Crash.Net User: MotoMarc

Comments rating: 622
Position in rating: 212

Show Comments on:

MotoMarc

August 27, 2014 8:08 PM

MotoGP » Marc Marquez: King of the kerb

I believe on a lot of tracks they've made the "curbs" just painted surfaces with little to no bumps. Cutting "curbs" should technically be considered cheating as you're making the distrance around the turns slightly less. However, if many riders are doing the same and not considered egregious than I guess it's permitted. Marquez is wrong Stoner wasn't the first to cut curbs/corners as many other racers in different classes have done this before.It's more a function of curbs being reduced to what is mainly now painted surfaces and racers taking advantage of it. I'm surprised that I've seen racers even using the "curbs" i.e. painted surfaces during wet races. I guess the paint they use isn't as slippery as typical roadway markings are.

MotoMarc

August 27, 2014 7:54 PM

MotoGP » Rossi ‘closer to goal’ heading to Silverstone

While I haven't seen the rules on how they distribute tires to assure fairness. So is it possible that Dorna/Bridgestone provides Honda and more direclty Marquez better batches of tires than other teams, yes but if so why? I think that Honda has developed a bike that can extract more out of the tires through its engine, chassis, braking and most importantly its electronic package at each track. And to give some props to Marquez he's abe to use these advantages moreso than others. Now back to Rossi, I've seen some improvements this year but would like to see him in the final races this season get more competitive and closer to the front not just for part of the race but the entire race. A win or two would be great but I'd settle for him at least consistantly beating Jlo and fighting the Honda boys.

MotoMarc

August 26, 2014 3:30 PM

MotoGP » Marquez ready to give it 100% at Silverstone

Not sure I'd go as far Talentfan as it's all rigged by the puppetmasters but without a doubt it's a Honda show and obviously Marquez had all the advantages except for the last race. It will be interesting to see if Pedrosa will be as competitive at the next race. Can the Yamaha's get close? But the season, unless you're a Marquez fan, has not been fun at all and for the most part boring. The race will look interesting at the start for a few laps and as everything gets settled then the leaders create gaps from the rest of the pack. Finally, the top rider begins to gap the other factory boys. Then 10 laps later the race is over.

MotoMarc

August 26, 2014 2:30 PM

MotoGP » No British MotoGP ride for Colin Edwards?

I'm not a fan of CE but have to admit I like his no BS attitude and while I agree with others that he should have retired a year or two or more ago.But that said, he doesn't deserve to go out this way it's embarrassing. If he was injured then I could see it but he isn't. They should allow him to finish the season riding. I guess the only good thing for him is that they're paying him if he rides or not. I could see him doing some color commentary during US Motogp events but not as a regular because he could quickly become annoying. But I'm sure he'll write some book for the money of course but how much he spills will be interesting.

MotoMarc

August 22, 2014 2:40 PM

MotoGP » 50-year-old McWilliams talks grand prix return!

Good on McWilliams for getting out there I hope he shows those young lads a thing or two. Agree there shouldn't be an age limit but rather a lap time limit. In reality most if not all teams especially at the Moto2-3 levels want younger riders so it's highly unlikely now those grids will be filled with 30-50 year olds. I'm sure the average is probably 16-25 year olds.

MotoMarc

August 22, 2014 2:57 PM

MotoGP » Rossi, Lorenzo debut 2015 Yamaha

Don't know about "block rigidity" advantages of the Honda's V4 versus the crossplane I-4 run by Yamaha. Can't see how the block itself would create an advantage but can see a smoother power delivery of a V4 v I4 providing advantages in useable power and less wear on tires. That would translate to providing the rider more confidence in the bike into and out of turns as well as with braking stability if engine and chassis provide good feedback and less pulsing or chatter. But on the opposite side of the argument than what is Ducati's problem not getting nearly the result of the Honda when they use a same or similar degree V4 engine. My guess would be less experience or development budget for items such as chassis/suspension, engine mapping,tc, etc...

Turpiurfi:
LeisureSuitLarry:
gongsin: Yamaha got the outright top end horsepower but cannot produce good low mid range horsepower at the same time. It needs a lot of data settings and fine tuning th

MotoMarc

August 19, 2014 3:08 PM

MotoGP » Brno MotoGP test times - Monday (Final)

Not surprised by the results as Marquez has show the speed he's had from the start of season. Jlo and Pedrosa seem more confident and back to form. Rossi as usual doesn't push as hard as he's evaluating things for the next race and for the new bike on how and where it can be improved. Nice to see Capirossi back on a bike and I'm sure with some time he'd be back in top 10 form if he wished to return.

MotoMarc

August 19, 2014 3:29 PM

MotoGP » Injured Aoki targeting September Suzuki MotoGP tests

Suzuki should enter some wild card races with it's test riders this season to guage the bike's readiness for next year plus to guage if they'll keep RDP. While in one hand I can understand the reluctance to avoid looking bad if they don't place well but if their program is developed enough they should be in or near top ten if they raced this season. Plus it will help them develop data for the particular track that can only help.

MotoMarc

August 19, 2014 3:35 PM

MotoGP » Rossi, Lorenzo debut 2015 Yamaha

Guna I agree about braking improvements needed. Rossi seems a bit timid to make the lake braking and tighter line to push out a rider from trying to dive inside him. That may be part bike, confidence in bike and part rider. While manueverability and stability are always important so is useable speed and if you have less of it than your competitor than you must be better than him in braking or the turns or both to make up for it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »