Crash.Net User: MotoMarc

Comments rating: 658
Position in rating: 207

Show Comments on:

MotoMarc

September 12, 2014 3:28 PM

MotoGP » Aprilia confirms Gresini for MotoGP return

If Aprilia is returning using Gresini as a partner then it's really a satellite team with factory backing not really a full Aprilia Factory Team as they currently have in WSB. As I've noted before it would be foolish if Aprilia doesn't have a presence in WSB even if only with a satellite/private team with support from the factory. As production bike sales of superbikes are helped by that presence.

MotoMarc

September 12, 2014 3:43 PM

MotoGP » Aprilia confirms Gresini for MotoGP return

RS it's fairly simple, most if not all factory teams are just that factory teams espeically in Motogp. Please let me know what Factory teams in the MotoGP class are run by a private racing team? It's not Joe Blows Honda factory race team, it's HRC - Honda Racing. A factory may note a major sponsor in its title. Maybe Gresini will be noted as a "Factory" team but really unless Aprilia is running the team would it really be a Factory team. Get it.

MotoMarc

September 12, 2014 3:35 PM

MotoGP » Aprilia confirms Gresini for MotoGP return

Fastbloke I agree that this move if done by eliminating a presence in WSB will be hurtful to sales of their sportbikes. Aprilia has indicated that changes in WSB rules will hurt thier competitiveness. Which I think is bull as any good manufacturer adapts to the rules given. However if they think that participation in Motogp will help them advance their bike's technology that will eventually end up in their production bikes I guess I could understand that reasoning. But if you look at the competition and their years of experience in developing their bikes especially Honda it won't be an easy road, just ask Ducati. I guess that Aprilia, Suzuki and even Ducati may be considering the proposed rule and tire changes in 2016 may help level the field but while it may help a bit I think the top teams will remain fairly consistent.

MotoMarc

September 12, 2014 4:18 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: I don’t regret joining Ducati

Codger I agree with you many of the haters will make it look like Rossi was finishing as the last rider on the track each race while with Ducati which isn't even close to reality. I'm not surprised with Rossi's troubles when he went to Ducati as the bike required a very different riding style that most of the riders that attempted riding it didn't do well on it. Plus add that Ducati was so very slow to change anything and even slower in admitting the bike was not designed right. As they say you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig ( or something like that).

MotoMarc

September 12, 2014 4:06 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: I don’t regret joining Ducati

Totally agree with Rossi in his assessment. He realizes now that he overestimated what he could do and how fast (or in this case how slow) Ducati could improve the bike to be competitive. I'm sure that Yamaha selecting Jlo as #1 and asking him to take a pay cut after all he produced for Yamaha was a slap in the face hence him moving to Ducati. It makes sense that he realizes now it was the wrong choice but glad he doesn't regret it (but while he won't admit it I'm sure he regrets it a little). It will be interesting to see what Gigi creates for next year but I suspect it won't be much different in terms of results.

MotoMarc

September 11, 2014 4:28 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: Misano is my track, I love this place

No doubt Rossi loves his home track and no doubt he'll try his best to win. However, the three Spanish boys will obviously try to spoil Rossi's attempt. That said, no doubt Marquez has the advantage as he's had all season. No doubt that Marquez's bike is better than all the bikes in the paddock including his teammates. But he has lots of talent and combined with a great bike makes it tough for challengers. However, as a Rossi fan I want him to win this race just like I want him to win every race as all fans do with their favorite rider.

MotoMarc

September 11, 2014 5:18 PM

WSBK » Aprilia boss talks World Superbike future

It's understandable if they go with another group to take on a factory aided approach instead of a factory effort at WSB. But not having a presence would be a problem for production sales. The motogp bike will have RSV heritage for the first season but evovle in future seasons based on Aprilia boss discussions on their proposed Motogp efforts which now look to start in 2015 instead of 2016. But that's understandable as well instead of doing what Suzuki did for 2+ years developing a GP bike without actually racing. If Aprilia enters in '15 I guess they'll use the data and input from that season to help develop the '16 bike with proposed new rules in mind. Will Aprilia still provide motors for Open bikes or whatever they're calling them next year?

MotoMarc

September 11, 2014 4:51 PM

MotoGP » Test head-start for Ducati at home

Rossi's ideas(prior to leaving Duc), Dovi's help and Gigi's input, staff re-arrangement, and use of rule advantage has allowed them to advance more. However, what I find curious is that Honda and Yamaha have already allowed thier riders to sample their bike for next year which Ducati hasn't even prepared yet and won't have available until next year. So in that sense it will be interesting to see if they'll bridge the gap to the top teams. I wouldn't hold my breath though however I'd be disappointed if they're not a little closer to the Hondas and Yams.

MotoMarc

September 11, 2014 4:33 PM

MotoGP » Colin Edwards: Past, present and future

While I think that Colon should have retired a few years ago I still think his current team should have allowed him to finish the remaining races unless he was injured. I'm sure how poorly he was doing compared to his teammate probably had a lot to do with their decision but knowing he was going to retire the decent thing to do is let him race. Just say'n.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »