Crash.Net User: MotoMarc

Comments rating: 702
Position in rating: 196

Show Comments on:

MotoMarc

September 25, 2014 3:42 PM

MotoGP » Ducati confirms 'GP14.2' debut

I doubt that the Michelin will favor one bike over the other. What many fail to realize is that Honda developed it's bike to exploit the Bridgestone tires the best way they could. Maybe at first the Michelin may be comfortable for one type of bike over the other but as teams develop their bikes to deal with the advantages/disadvantages of the new tires that should be less of an issue. I'd be surprised of any collusion by the tire manufacturers to give one bike manufacturer an advantage over another. When there were multiple tire manufacturers they were contracted directly to the motorcycle manufacturer or race team hence it was their job to make their tires work with the qualities of the teams they represent.

MotoMarc

September 25, 2014 3:33 PM

MotoGP » Ducati confirms 'GP14.2' debut

While I may not agree with everything that 9X has noted in this thread. He's right about Honda pushing it's weight to get rules changed to help them as Ducati has done in WSB and using the change in rules in Motogp recently to give them more development and testing flexibility. But as others have said this has been discussed a lot on various threads over the years on the Crash forum. While many may not like Honda or Dorna for that matter I can't blame either of them. Honda is pushing to make their bike the best it can be and beat everyone else. The rules are the same for all (in the factory class except Ducati) and they've made the most of it. Dorna while not perfect by any means have slowly tried to change the rules to start making it cheaper and more equal which we'll see if that works in 2016. But don't be surprised if Honda still holds the advantage even then because they put the proper management, team, research, riders and money to make it so.

MotoMarc

September 23, 2014 2:52 PM

MotoGP » 18 years means new record for Valentino Rossi

Disagree Tetley, Rossi's only other competition for top honors in GP's is Ago. With the two bad years with Ducati that may have sealed the deal not to surpass Ago's 120 wins (or so wins) or 8 championships in the top class but with two years and improving form you never know what he can accomplish before he finally hangs up the leathers. As I've never seen Ago race other than in old videos on DVD and from what some say that he didn't have any real factory competition during the then in my view he's #1.

MotoMarc

September 16, 2014 5:19 PM

MotoGP » MotoGP Misano - Race Results

Yearby good analysis other than Jlo picking the wrong tire. If he placed 6 or lower than I'd agree that he picked the wrong tire for him. But there is no guarantee he would have done better with the medium tire Rossi was running. He could have placed even lower if he went with it. As we don't get the after race interviews (at least the station I see it on) there's no info from Jlo indicating such. Why can't everybody just admit it was Rossi's race and today he was better than all other riders. I hope this win will carry to other tracks for Rossi to be even more competitive. More wins would be great.

MotoMarc

September 18, 2014 3:53 PM

WSBK » Haslam urges greater WSBK promotion

Forgot that they also need TV coverage I know in the States WSB use to be on basic cable on stations such as SpeedTV but know you have to buy a special sports package to get the channel that has WSB and they don't even show WSS. If this is occuring in other Countires then the lack of coverage would also reduce # of fans and viewers i.e. out of sight out of mind.

MotoMarc

September 17, 2014 3:55 PM

MotoGP » Victorious Valentino Rossi 'at the best of my career'

To get this conversation back to the topic I think that it's amazing that Rossi has slowly adapted to changing his riding style. Changing what you know as you get older isn't easy. But I give him lots of credit for methodically rebuilding his confidence and seeing areas that he needs to improve. But his desire and talent have never waivered even in the dark days with Ducati. A sign of a true champion.

MotoMarc

September 16, 2014 7:20 PM

MotoGP » Victorious Valentino Rossi 'at the best of my career'

TrueFan I really don't see too many fans making wild predictions or making fun of other riders from this one win. Most are just showing their happiness that their favorite rider has won a good race at his home track. Most also seem realistic and hopeful. I know that some fans consider him the Greatest and while definitely in the conversation he hasn't won the most championships or most GPs either. I know there has been a long debate on who's the greatest and by the numbers it's still Ago but as people have pointed out he didn't have the level of competition in direct other factory riders at some points. Nevertheless, no matter where someone is in the GOAT argument Rossi won a race many haters and others said he wouldn't ever win again due to the competition but he did so fans rejoice. Good on Rossi hope we see more of this type of result soon.

MotoMarc

September 18, 2014 3:50 PM

WSBK » Haslam urges greater WSBK promotion

Garry and others good points. I tend to agree that it's marketing and the lack of big time named riders but you can't forget the involvement (or lack there) of factories. Only Kawi and Aprilia are in the series with satellite efforts in all other bikes. Yes with the introduction of Buell this year you could technically say 3 factories but as they're so new and uncompetitive I say they don't count at this time.

MotoMarc

September 16, 2014 5:10 PM

MotoGP » Eugene Laverty confirms MotoGP move

Good on Eugene for getting the opportunity to land on a MotoGP bike. It makes sense for any rider to have a dream to make it to the top level. Obviously you'd want to be on the best bikes available but if your talent level doesn't warrant top bikes then any in the category that will give you a chance to show your talent will do. While I think that EL has talent I don't think it's at the Motogp level but that said I hope he does well no matter what team he's on.

MotoMarc

September 15, 2014 10:08 PM

MotoGP » Victorious Valentino Rossi 'at the best of my career'

Lux I don't think that Rossi meant that literally. Probably more a reaction to how he's been lately in that he was as competitive and now he feels more confident. I'm sure if he really sat down and thought when he was at his top it probably would have been years ago when in the middle of winning all his top level championships. But it's been a long tough road back so I'm sure this win must help. Go Rossi!!!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »