Crash.Net User: MotoMarc

Comments rating: 723
Position in rating: 203

Show Comments on:

MotoMarc

November 03, 2014 2:52 PM

WSBK » Baz: I am only nice to those who are nice to me

While I do have an issue with riders not following orders by the team that is paying them. I think the Melandri and Baz where both in the wrong for not following orders. But both gave their teammates one gifted place. So in the end even if Baz gave the place up Guinters would have still won. So in the end it doesn't really matter. As Baz is no longer on the team the day after the race then I can see him not giving up the spot especially with the history he has with Sykes. As others have noted while Baz is a good rider does he really deserve a Motogp spot, I think many riders don't but obviously the team hiring him see something in him to warrant it. For next year it should be interesting seeing Rea and Sykes on the same team. Too bad Aprilia didn't keep Guintoli and I guess Melandri is stying, right?

MotoMarc

November 03, 2014 2:45 AM

WSBK » Off-form Melandri holding out for improvements

I don't believe the conspiracy just think Melandri had an issue with setup. But even if true Melandri would deserve it for not following orders. While I respect the honor of winning he needs to respect what his team bosses want. Not to mention his unsafe maneuvers he does at just about every race when he pushes his way inside causing riders to go off wide or crash. Anyone know where Melandri is going next year? If I ran Aprilia I wouldn't re-sign him.

MotoMarc

November 03, 2014 2:36 AM

WSBK » Sylvain Guintoli clinches 2014 WSBK title

Always liked Guinters even back in his MGP days but earlier this season it appeared he wasn't willing to push hard enough to win. But can't blame him for his strategy as it worked. Nice master class weekend to win the Championship. As others have noted that he's a nice guy and deserved the championship no matter how you look at. Better late than never to push it and he did. Nice Job!!! Can't understand why Aprilia wouldn't keep him. Will Aprilia factory team be out of the championship next year? If as the commentator's noted that Guintoli will be with Honda next year and I also heard them say that Baz will be going to Yamaha so that means they'll be back in WSB. As the rules will be changing to reduce costs and make the bikes more similar it should be an interesting 2015 season. A little early to think about next season, but again Congrats Guinters.

MotoMarc

October 30, 2014 3:23 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: Mistake to leave Yamaha over No.1 status

Yearby let's consider Rossi's flaws, I'd say they're very little. Yes when he was younger he'd have the silly antics after a win. While some found that annoying I thought he was being playful and really playing to his fans. As he's gotten older he's stopped that. In terms of riding, I guess he's usually slow to get to the top spot in practice and qualifying and that at times put's him into second or worse rows on the grid making a challenge for a win tougher. I know that some people said he didn't push as hard as he could especially during his Ducati days and his return to Yamaha last year. I think that was just being smart in not pushing until he was confident in himself and the bike to ride it even closer to the edge. While haters won't admit it, I think that Rossi is just as good as Marquez and Jlo as he's modified his style to push a bit harder. I think Rossi can morph a bit more and hopefully with a little more development by Yamaha he'll be fighting for wins more often.

MotoMarc

October 28, 2014 8:26 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: Sepang podium long time coming

Agree that longevity is one benefit of coming in second in the championship. But while I get your point that it's not winning the championship but runner up is showing in this season to your team and other fellow competitors that while someone (Marquez) may have had a great season you (in second) at least were able to fend off all other racers. The other more important benefit for a racer like Rossi is to build on that confidence and get that feeling he can compete with the young guns and especially with the top young gun on a regular basis. If he takes that into next season in the way I know he could it should be very exciting.

MotoMarc

October 27, 2014 2:10 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: Sepang podium long time coming

Almost an unbelievable race for Rossi. And while it's disappointing to see him lose it was great to see him challenging for the win upto the last couple of laps when you can see his tires were toast. It's telling when you can see the Honda has a little extra on the straights and it allows Marquez to ride it sideways with no negative effect. The haters would say things like, Oh he's over the hill and should retire they said, Oh he can't hang with young guns they said, Oh he can't beat his own teammate they said.Glad to see Rossi put the haters in their place. As others have said, Rossi deserves second place in the championship this year and if he did just a little better he'd have even more wins. But for me I'm happy to see him challenging consistently for wins as that shows me he's ready to win more often. I'm sure Marquez is thinking I had to only worry about Lorenzo but really it's Rossi I have to worry about. Hopefully, Rossi and Yamaha can improve just a bit more then we'll se

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »