Crash.Net User: MotoMarc

Comments rating: 677
Position in rating: 202

Show Comments on:

MotoMarc

September 12, 2014 3:28 PM

MotoGP » Aprilia confirms Gresini for MotoGP return

If Aprilia is returning using Gresini as a partner then it's really a satellite team with factory backing not really a full Aprilia Factory Team as they currently have in WSB. As I've noted before it would be foolish if Aprilia doesn't have a presence in WSB even if only with a satellite/private team with support from the factory. As production bike sales of superbikes are helped by that presence.

MotoMarc

September 12, 2014 3:35 PM

MotoGP » Aprilia confirms Gresini for MotoGP return

Fastbloke I agree that this move if done by eliminating a presence in WSB will be hurtful to sales of their sportbikes. Aprilia has indicated that changes in WSB rules will hurt thier competitiveness. Which I think is bull as any good manufacturer adapts to the rules given. However if they think that participation in Motogp will help them advance their bike's technology that will eventually end up in their production bikes I guess I could understand that reasoning. But if you look at the competition and their years of experience in developing their bikes especially Honda it won't be an easy road, just ask Ducati. I guess that Aprilia, Suzuki and even Ducati may be considering the proposed rule and tire changes in 2016 may help level the field but while it may help a bit I think the top teams will remain fairly consistent.

MotoMarc

September 11, 2014 4:28 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: Misano is my track, I love this place

No doubt Rossi loves his home track and no doubt he'll try his best to win. However, the three Spanish boys will obviously try to spoil Rossi's attempt. That said, no doubt Marquez has the advantage as he's had all season. No doubt that Marquez's bike is better than all the bikes in the paddock including his teammates. But he has lots of talent and combined with a great bike makes it tough for challengers. However, as a Rossi fan I want him to win this race just like I want him to win every race as all fans do with their favorite rider.

MotoMarc

September 11, 2014 5:18 PM

WSBK » Aprilia boss talks World Superbike future

It's understandable if they go with another group to take on a factory aided approach instead of a factory effort at WSB. But not having a presence would be a problem for production sales. The motogp bike will have RSV heritage for the first season but evovle in future seasons based on Aprilia boss discussions on their proposed Motogp efforts which now look to start in 2015 instead of 2016. But that's understandable as well instead of doing what Suzuki did for 2+ years developing a GP bike without actually racing. If Aprilia enters in '15 I guess they'll use the data and input from that season to help develop the '16 bike with proposed new rules in mind. Will Aprilia still provide motors for Open bikes or whatever they're calling them next year?

MotoMarc

September 11, 2014 4:51 PM

MotoGP » Test head-start for Ducati at home

Rossi's ideas(prior to leaving Duc), Dovi's help and Gigi's input, staff re-arrangement, and use of rule advantage has allowed them to advance more. However, what I find curious is that Honda and Yamaha have already allowed thier riders to sample their bike for next year which Ducati hasn't even prepared yet and won't have available until next year. So in that sense it will be interesting to see if they'll bridge the gap to the top teams. I wouldn't hold my breath though however I'd be disappointed if they're not a little closer to the Hondas and Yams.

MotoMarc

September 11, 2014 4:33 PM

MotoGP » Colin Edwards: Past, present and future

While I think that Colon should have retired a few years ago I still think his current team should have allowed him to finish the remaining races unless he was injured. I'm sure how poorly he was doing compared to his teammate probably had a lot to do with their decision but knowing he was going to retire the decent thing to do is let him race. Just say'n.

MotoMarc

September 03, 2014 9:29 PM

MotoGP » Rossi rues time lost on opening laps

Haters make me laugh when they say Rossi who's sitting in 3rd with a good chance of getting 2nd in the championship that he should retire. As someone else said please stop that. In terms of this race while it was disappointing not to see Rossi chase the two front runners down it was nice to see him go from 6th to 3rd and keep it under the pressure he was getting from Pedro and Dovi for most of the race. No doubt the Repsol Honda has the advantage and Marquez knows it and plays it well so good on him for that. Also a bit dissappointing to see that Pedrosa can't consistantly be challenging his teammate.

MotoMarc

August 27, 2014 8:08 PM

MotoGP » Marc Marquez: King of the kerb

I believe on a lot of tracks they've made the "curbs" just painted surfaces with little to no bumps. Cutting "curbs" should technically be considered cheating as you're making the distrance around the turns slightly less. However, if many riders are doing the same and not considered egregious than I guess it's permitted. Marquez is wrong Stoner wasn't the first to cut curbs/corners as many other racers in different classes have done this before.It's more a function of curbs being reduced to what is mainly now painted surfaces and racers taking advantage of it. I'm surprised that I've seen racers even using the "curbs" i.e. painted surfaces during wet races. I guess the paint they use isn't as slippery as typical roadway markings are.

MotoMarc

August 27, 2014 7:54 PM

MotoGP » Rossi ‘closer to goal’ heading to Silverstone

While I haven't seen the rules on how they distribute tires to assure fairness. So is it possible that Dorna/Bridgestone provides Honda and more direclty Marquez better batches of tires than other teams, yes but if so why? I think that Honda has developed a bike that can extract more out of the tires through its engine, chassis, braking and most importantly its electronic package at each track. And to give some props to Marquez he's abe to use these advantages moreso than others. Now back to Rossi, I've seen some improvements this year but would like to see him in the final races this season get more competitive and closer to the front not just for part of the race but the entire race. A win or two would be great but I'd settle for him at least consistantly beating Jlo and fighting the Honda boys.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »