Crash.Net User: MotoMarc

Comments rating: 665
Position in rating: 205

Show Comments on:

MotoMarc

August 08, 2014 3:01 AM

MotoGP » ‘Somebody must stop this!’ - rivals talk Marquez domination

Disagree with Hayden and Rossi that it's not boring because seeing only one rider win all the time is boring. And I also think that Marquez always winning does make all the other riders in the class look bad. I do think that Marquez's winning ways is mainly due to the Honda he's riding and he's able to exploit the advantage he has over other riders/bikes. As a Rossi fan I would like to see him be the first to beat Marquez but it won't be easy in his current form.

MotoMarc

August 15, 2014 7:51 PM

MotoGP » Yamaha working on seamless downshifts

I call BS on the Honda guy about not having specia electronics and even bigger BS on not wanting or using traction control. I blind person can see the advantages they've developed over the past 3-4 years. I'm positive if Marquez was on the Yamaha in the same period of time he's been with HRC in Mototgp he wouldn't be anywhere as dominant.

MotoMarc

August 11, 2014 4:12 PM

MotoGP » Marquez: So difficult to win them all...

I think he meant how easy it's been to win not how difficult. But it's amazing how well that Honda works, plenty of power, preserves tires and is flexible at all types of tracks. Even with all these advantages you still need the skill to pull it off and Marquez has done it. But what does bother me is that most riders move aside just about to let him through and no one blocks him or tries to nudge him when he practically bulldozes his way through at times. He needs to be roughed up and even knocked down a few times for some humility. He thinks he's invincible and other riders treat him that way as well.

MotoMarc

August 11, 2014 3:54 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: Like Ron Haslam at the start!

Great start by Vale from the 2nd row and it was nice to see him fend off Dovi early in the race but as Marquez was moving up you knew it was a matter of time. As someone else noted it appeared that Rossi probably burnt his tires trying to get a lead and eventually had to fade back. But that said it would have been nice to see Rossi battle Jlo for 2nd. Nevertheless, I'd like to see Rossi push even harder without getting hurt of course. Besides Marquez just having a better motorcycle which he does he also does two things to give him advantage in turns, one he leans the bike further (thanks to Honda and it's amazing tech package) and he leans his body more making him be able to get a little more than others. That little more (and in some instances a lot more) have given him the 10 wins so far. About 1/2 this race was exciting than the other half was back to the same old stuff we've seen this entire season - BORING!!!

MotoMarc

August 07, 2014 3:17 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: Tracks that are difficult for me

For all that suggest or call for Rossi's retirement I'd like to smoke what you're smoking. Did Rossi lose confidence due to his past injury, friends death and two bad years with Ducati absolutely but did he lose his skill, ability and ambition/drive absolutely not. Has a new group of young, talented and hungry riders come into the Motogp yes. Has that top group of younger riders adapt quicker to changing technology that allow them to rider faster based on that technology yes. Has Rossi adapted as fast to the riding aids I think not as quick as the younger guys and is still a little less willing to trust that technology but has done a good job evenso. Nevertheless, Rossi has beat most of them with exception to Marquez. Granted Marquez is talented but I think his Honda is better than the Yamaha's especially this year. If Yamaha and Rossi can reduce that advantage further I think Rossi can compete and even beat Marquez. Put Marquez on lesser or equal bikes to all he wouldn't be as domin

MotoMarc

August 06, 2014 9:56 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: Tracks that are difficult for me

I think that Rossi is just being honest that he doesn't know where he'll be at the end of this race. Plus with his recent races there it hasn't been great. So while he's more comfortable and confident this year the track is the variable. I'm sure however he'll try his best and would't be surprised if he does well. But it's smart to down play when you don't really have a good idea on how it well end up this weekend. That all said, he really needs to pick-it up a bit and reduce that gap to Marquez.

MotoMarc

August 06, 2014 9:51 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: Tracks that are difficult for me

While I don't think anyone at this point can beat Marquez this season as he has too much of an advantage points wise unless he gets seriously injured and misses most of second half of the season. However, while as he has the best bike and will likely have two championship wins under his belt next season he'll be the odds on favorite to win. If racers like Rossi, Pedrosa and Lorenzo can reduce the gap and finally challenge Marquez on a regular basis then Marquez will have a real fight on his hands. For Yamaha they need to figure out that extra speed, stability and tire saving to beat or at least get on level ground with the Hondas. Pedrosa needs to become more aggressive which at this point he's proven he's not capable or interested in so maybe okay with being the bridesmaid. So all that said, I think Rossi and/or Lorenzo will likely be Marquez's biggest competition next year.

MotoMarc

August 04, 2014 6:20 PM

MotoGP » Crutchlow out, Iannone in at Ducati

Iannone is a better choice on the factory Duc than Cal as he showed he's not the right rider. Cal either got booted or walked away from Duc. Rossi for the misinformed did not walk-away from Ducati but rather finished his contract and decided not to re-sign with them. I agree with others that Cal going to a team with a factory type Honda and he'll have a very limited window. He'll need to do as good as similar equipped Honda riders to justify the ride otherwise he'll have exhausted his Motogp opportunities.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »