Crash.Net User: MotoMarc

Comments rating: 780
Position in rating: 196

Show Comments on:

MotoMarc

January 28, 2015 7:48 PM

MotoGP » Rossi: Marquez the man to beat

Nothing earth shattering of course as we know Marquez has been the guy to beat since he started in MGP. The question is how much has Rossi improved and more importantly how much as the M1 improved beyond the new graphics and sponsors. With Rossi's performance last season it's not surprising to see the added interest of companies wanting to sponsor Rossi and Yamaha. Hopefully Yamaha has added more power overall and stability into and out of the turns for Rossi and co. Testing should be interesting but not too surprising as I'm sure the usuals will be up the pointy end. The question will be how much they've closed the gap to 93.

MotoMarc

January 23, 2015 3:12 PM

MotoGP » Rainey talks Marquez, Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa

While I agree that Lorenzo will try to focus and be more consistent. I think that Rainey out of jealousy doesn't give Rossi enough respect that he'll be a contender this year along with Marquez and Lorenzo. I think Rossi found that one he has enough left in the tank and that he can compete against Marquez and he can beat Lorenzo. With Rossi's modifications in his riding and improved confidence I think he'll be challenging for the top spot along with of course Marquez. But to be realistic Rossi will need more from himself and more from the bike to improve from his last year's position.

MotoMarc

January 22, 2015 5:06 PM

WSBK » Biaggi to test Aprilia - might he race?

While it would be nice to see Biaggi racing again in WSB I'd rather see him race in Motogp. But I'd guess their MGP entry is still too far away from being competitive. If the MGP Aprilia turns out to not be too wouldn't it be better to see Biaggi take on a few races in that series. However if WSB is the only ticket for Biaggi I'd be happy to see him on the sharp end again. I'm sure Kawi and others wouldn't want to see that #3 again.

MotoMarc

January 23, 2015 3:43 PM

MotoGP » In memory of... MotoGP’s craziest winter

Nice job Crash on this history piece. In the late 80's/early 90's I was in college and as a poor college student my interests were in other places at the time. Which is unfortunate to some degree in that I missed viewing these great battle races. From other riders and fans of that period there is a lot respect for riders and tough 500 gp bikes they had to ride. It's unfortunate but these days we very rarely see such battles in Motogp.

MotoMarc

January 22, 2015 4:57 PM

WSBK » de Puniet: These tests will be very important

I don't think it was a choice to goto WSB for RDP as he was probably hoping Suzuki would give him a seat in Motogp but they didn't. Instead they offered him a seat in WSB. I think it's better than just being a test rider. Because if he does well then he'll have an option to get on a better WSB team or maybe even back in Motogp. But granted his MGP choices are probably very limited at this stage in his career. As Motogp seems to be looking at very fast and young riders who adapt quickly coming from Moto2 or 3. With the advent of every more complicated traction control that significantly aids riders who put their full trust in it, it makes the transition to MGP faster and easier for young riders. In years Pre-TC riders had to take a couple of years to get up to speed for the most part. Nevertheless, good luck to De Puniet hope he does well in WSB and that Suzuki gives him a bike package to be competitive in this class.

MotoMarc

January 12, 2015 6:59 PM

WSBK » Pegram: Canepa at EBR is going to be a big help

I can understand getting a rider like Canepa or his level to help develop a new entry to WSB but Pegrram is horrible. He is often the rider (even in riding books) that is shown as an example of how not to position yourself on a sportbike/racebike. He's a limited talent hack that should stick to the doldrums of whatever the AMA cooks up and his silly reality show (hopefully it was cancelled). Buell should have found another out of job european rider or better American rider (one of the Hayden brothers should be available).

MotoMarc

January 12, 2015 7:05 PM

WSBK » Pegram: Canepa at EBR is going to be a big help

In terms of Buell (EBR) itself I think they're quite a distance away to compete with the top bikes in WSB. I give them props for trying to compete at this level but it's a fools try. They should have petitioned to improve the AMA competition and kept a team there to continue developing before leaping to the WSB level. But that said, I think another two bikes on the WSB grid only helps them.

MotoMarc

January 12, 2015 6:52 PM

MotoGP » What we learned in 2014

Would agree with TF2 that Dorna should add a combined bike/rider weight to the Motogp level as well. Would have liked to see a traction control/rider aid ban because unfortunately the factory developed ECU will give the factories the majorirty of what they need to keep their gap to the wantabes.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »