Crash.Net User: Gilles74

Comments rating: 13
Position in rating: 2638

Show Comments on:

Gilles74

January 17, 2015 5:20 PM

WRC » Fresh new look for VW Polo R WRC

I agree, this is the best livery of all so far this season. The execution is very, very professional. The Red Bull logo looks very good without being overwhelming. A mental, forward jumping red bull adds excitement to the overall look. Aggressive angled lines seem to be continuous throughout, from the front fenders to the rear wing. Even the VW logo is thoughtfully integrated, not overwhelming either and seems echo the circular yellow sun. Outstanding! Edit 22/01/15: The 208 t16 of Pike's Peak livery also featured the Red Bull logo, however it was slightly larger and hence somewhat more dominant which worked very well because the overall design was more simple. I saw this car up close and the Red Bull livery was amazing!

Gilles74

January 17, 2015 1:14 AM

WRC » Hyundai reveals 2015 WRC challenger

From an artistic point of view, I can see where Hyundai's livery goes wrong: The blue/grey blends in with the scenery, leaving the oddly shaped orange/red to go past you. Prokop's livery retains the shape of the car in black. And the yellow/gold makes it pop. Imagine the Hyundai with the grey and red reversed and you will see what I mean, it would be better. No idea what Citroen did or why but it is awful. Total loss of shape, bland colors and what looks like bubbles!!? Edit (22/01/15): If Hyundai chose their colors because they are not used by other teams, I can understand that. But, reversing the main colors of the Hyundai livery would make it basically a red/orange car. It would still be original because Citroen is no longer using red and Mitsubishi and Peugeot are no longer competing. The only livery close would be Henning's. It's a one-off privateer livery and a lighter orange but it looks very cool. Ask Henning!

Gilles74

August 07, 2014 6:10 PM

WRC » Hirvonen: I was aiming to fight for a podium

Firstly, Congratulations to JML for a brilliant drive, his battle with Little seb was Massive! Secondly, the huge performance by Kris Meeke assured this to be a most Captivating event from beginning to end!! Speaking to the subject at hand however, I would like to recall the epic battle of 2010 Rally Finland. It was Ford against Citroen. While Mikko appeared to be extremely fast, he may have overshot a landing and crashed very big. Coincidentally, JML won back then. But my point here is ever since that crash, Mikko has not been the same (my opinion). I would also love to see his old speed again and hope we will

Gilles74

August 01, 2014 11:24 PM

WRC » Latvala more than doubles Rally Finland lead

So you saw that red car go flying by and thought WTF? I read the article and was wondering just how fast Tommi Makkinen dared to go with the President of Toyota in the car! The GT86 looks brilliant and somewhat resembles the last generation Celica. I found it very interesting that it is now All Wheel Drive, which is perfect! They were saying at first it will be a Rear Wheel Drive, which is also very cool The recent press combined with your well appreciated comments indicate not only that Toyota is serious but that they should be very competitive as well. Indeed, this is fantastic news for WRC!!

Gilles74

July 04, 2014 4:46 PM

WRC » 'Hyundai making progress in every area' - Neuville

Thierry Neuville is coming to terms with Hyundai's progress and closer to a win. We may even see him battling for the lead as early as Finland... It's always Exciting to see new talent come through with a surprise victory or even an unexpected podium. I would also be very happy to see Juho Hanninen do well I will be anxiously following the results online from the WRC vacuum that is my country. Have Fun if you're going, I really look forward to your comments!

Gilles74

May 15, 2014 9:24 PM

WRC » Neuville: Top five a huge achievement

Sordo does have an outside chance of winning Germany. But will the i20 hold up? Probably not. Obviously, the VW is superior. We will likely see another JML - Seb.2 shootout But Poland is next, homeland of a certain former F1 pilot. After seeing a reformed Kubica, and considering sealed surface as a strength combined with whatever being home can add, a top 5, maybe podium would be spendid result to Malcolm and M- Sport / Ford. We agree, this may also help WRC as a sport Regarding Neuville, I just really wonder what kind of money is worth delaying your championship future to "spearhead" an inferior product

Gilles74

May 20, 2014 12:55 AM

WRC » Neuville: Top five a huge achievement

For sure the Hyundai has the speed and I agree, this is commendable. I think what I was trying to say was that the team is "under-developed" (not that I hold that against them, they are a young team) In all honesty I am a fan of Neuville and I'm excited to see him do well. My inarticulate "complaint" was based on curiosity and an uninformed impatience on my part, with maybe a little bit of an attempt to provoke a reply The last thing I would want is to insult the drivers competing this season. I don't have to tell you how captivating the action has been so far. My apologies to all. I'll mind my comments

1 2  »