Crash.Net User: MotoGPete

Comments rating: 1372
Position in rating: 111

Show Comments on:

September 22, 2015 11:11 AM

MotoGP » Moto2: Sam Lowes fired up for 2016 title attack

Great news!, totally sensible path to take. Zarco & Rins are going to be very strong next year but on equal machinery I honestly reckon Sam can run with them. Also a year in the Gresini fold should pay dividends when it comes to moving to the premier class in 2017. Any news on what Alex will be up to next year? Unless something changes I fear he's on a hiding to nothing on that Suzuki in WSB.

August 30, 2015 6:33 PM

MotoGP » Moto3 Silverstone - Race Results

It is disappointing Kent's victory seems to have been buried in this site, I actually had a job to find this! It was a stellar ride from him today and it was good to see so many soggy Brits hanging around to watch and cheer him on. If he manages to nail the big one (although it's looking very promising nothing is guaranteed in this sport) then he deserves some serious coverage IMHO and not just from within the motor racing press. I somehow doubt this will happen though...

September 01, 2015 4:37 PM

MotoGP » Lowes: Watching them ride away hard to take

I honestly thought Sam rode really well all weekend. He got the best from what he had at his disposal, can't ask much more from him. That race (in those conditions) was only ever going to be won by a Kalex rider, that was obvious from very early on. I would like to see him given a crack on a bike that he can fight for the Moto2 title with. The competition is going to be very strong next year, I would say stronger than this year but on a level playing field I reckon Sam would have a realistic chance.

September 13, 2015 8:43 AM

MotoGP » Miller not distracted by 2016 speculation

alanw5293: LCR stated recently that Jack had problems relaying information back to the engineers due to lack of experience,so he needs to keep his team Kick in the teeth to Scott if Jack goes to VDS with the Crew Chief Scott couldn't have because HRC gave him to Jack. Thought Estrella wanted Rabat?
If this rumour turns out to be true perhaps Marc VDS fear that with their current set up Rabat may fare no better than Redding has? Noises being made throughout the year seem to suggest that Honda could have helped their satellite outfits more than they have & Miller is a HRC backed rider who comes bundled with an experienced crew...

September 04, 2015 8:56 AM

BSB » Higgs: BSB Showdown here to stay

I have nothing but respect for the teams and competitors in BSB and feel privileged that our tiny little island hosts the greatest domestic racing series on the planet but I feel the showdown is garbage. Nonsense like this should be left to the likes of Simon Cowell and not used to dumb down this great series in my view. Stuart Higgs has done some great things for BSB in the past but I'm afraid this is not one of them, I do hope he reconsiders.

September 04, 2015 8:39 AM

F1 » Button: Wilson death has changed opinion on canopies

I do not have an issue with anything that could possibly make any form of motor racing safer, if that means some form of encasing the competitor then so be it. The things I would like to see binned off are nonsense like go faster wings, boost buttons, double championship point rounds, championship showdowns etc. Evenly matched machinery that can overtake in the conventional manner with fair scoring for the whole season, where competitors all get to go home at the end of the day is what I believe professional motor racing series should be aiming for. That's my view anyway.

August 30, 2015 6:23 PM

MotoGP » Scott Redding signs for Pramac Ducati

I'm aware Redding bashing can be something of a national pastime on here and for whatever reasons I suspect he probably jumped before he was pushed (from Marc VDS).....and he couldn't really have picked a worse weekend to state he was a better rider than Petrucci! .....but I do also think there is quite a bit of truth in what he said this weekend. The 2015 Honda has been a difficult bike and I'm sure it must not have gone down well behind closed doors when their reigning world champion ditched it for last years model. Doesn't look as though the satellite riders were given that option, which is a shame. This years Desmo has generally been much stronger than of recent years and if the Pramac ride does come with factory support then this could just work out? I genuinely believe Scott is a much better rider than we have seen this year but one more year like 2015 and he'll be out of the GP paddock, he has to make this opportunity work.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »