Crash.Net User: TheEnginer

Comments rating: -15
Position in rating: 6508

Show Comments on:

TheEngineer

January 19, 2014 12:06 AM
Last Edited 240 days ago

F1 » NASCAR team chief looks at F1 options


@richard - you have made the same mistake again. Porsche SE owned 50.1% of Porsche AG and VW owned the remaining 49.9%. Porsche SE did not try to buy VW AG, they were acting as a White Knight to prevent hedge funds gaining control of VW AG and splitting it up. This was necessary as the EU had ruled the 'Volkswagen Law' illegal. As part of the deal between Porsche SE and VW AG, the remaining share in Porsche AG were sold to VW AG. If you do not differentiate between Porsche SE and Porsche AG anything you write will be ambiguous.

TheEngineer

January 18, 2014 6:59 PM

F1 » NASCAR team chief looks at F1 options


@richard - forgive me if I am a little confused. You stated "Porsche tried to take over vw, but they could not access the money to pay for the shares, and vw then took over Porsche" The Porsche that tried to and eventually succeeded in getting a majority shareholding in VW AG, when the share price dropped, was Porsche SE. So if you were taking about the car company why did you make that statement? Or maybe you were a little confused and didn't understand what was being discussed? Fullofit made exactly the same error - Porsche AG never has made a bid, nor had the financial backing, to 'take over' VW AG.

TheEngineer

January 18, 2014 4:54 PM

F1 » NASCAR team chief looks at F1 options


Over three hours and nobody appears to be capable or willing to use the truly fantastic facilities offered to us now by the WWW. The answer to my rhetorical question is that there are two entities named Porsche. In short Porsche SE is a holding company, one of it's major shareholders being the Porsche family. Porsche SE own the majority of the preferential shares in VW AG. This means that it effectively has a controlling vote on the board of VW equal to about 50.7% of the rights. Porsche SE sold it's 50.1% controlling share of Porsche AG (The car manufacturer) to VW AG. So Porsche AG is a whole owned subsidiary of VW AG.

TheEngineer

October 01, 2013 10:48 PM

F1 » Minardi puzzled by Vettel's Singapore supremacy


This is a 'passive' traction control mechanism - RB would use the practice sessions to determine the maximum torque levels appropriate for each corner and subsequently set up the MECU appropriately. The FIA do not check the programming of each teams MECU, they just graph the reported sensor measurements and also keep a 'code dump' for later investigation if required. The graphing is how the FIA previously identified the inversion between acc. pedal position and engine torque in the RB MECU. A max torque setting would not be so obviously evident. Basically there is evidence in the public domain to strongly support Giancarlo Minardi's conclusion.

TheEngineer

October 01, 2013 10:47 PM

F1 » Minardi puzzled by Vettel's Singapore supremacy


Transcripts of the radio communications between Guillaume Rocquelin (engineer) and Sebastian Vettel during the Italian GP are very interesting - on lap 19 "Try torque five, first two chicanes" and on lap 23 "Box, torque map one and box". What these commands infer is that RB has at least five engine torque settings and that they are selectable at different times during a lap or pit stop. The MECU is already used by teams to automatically select pre-programmed differential slip settings for each corner - selecting a maximum torque level for each corner would not be difficult. In Italy, due to the gearbox problems, it appears the preset torque limits had to be overriden - no remote MECU adaptation allowed nowadays. With the current tyres, limiting rear wheel spin is the 'Holy Grail' of performance - having a preset maximum torque would enable the driver to just slam his foot on the accelerator, knowing that it is unlikely that the rear would break away. This is a 'passive' traction co


Page 1 of 2
1 2  »

Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.

© 1999 - 2014 Crash Media Group

The total or partial reproduction of text, photographs or illustrations is not permitted in any form.