NASCAR » Why is there no love for Jimmie Johnson?

What does Hendrick Motorsports star Jimmie Johnson - a man on the verge of Sprint Cup Series glory for the fourth consecutive year - have to do to gain NASCAR fans' love?

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Perry Jebley - Unregistered

October 20, 2009 5:55 PM

Nascar needs to do something to change the way the races are going the last 2 or three years. Chad Kannasss Is doing something Nascar has not found. The Hendrix cars are to domate. There has to be some edege they have over everbody else. I am sick and tired of Jimmie Johnson, And Jeff Gordon( Whinny Butt). To the point I will not watch The Sprint Cup Nascar races next year If Johnson wins The Cup and I have been a fan for 40 years.
I would be very proud if Mark Martin Was To win the champship even if it is in a Hendrix Car.

slvmart - Unregistered

October 21, 2009 12:59 AM

Where would JJ be without Knaus ? Would he have won 3, or even 1, championship without him ? I don't believe he would have. I say that JJ and Mark Martin swap crew chiefs and lets see what happens. :?

Philly - Unregistered

October 21, 2009 1:52 AM

I think Jimmie Johnson cheats nobodys car can do crap all season long till it comes time for the chase then the car is flawless whats up with that? I'd love to see Tony Stewart or Mark Martin win the chase

denny - Unregistered

October 21, 2009 4:25 AM

I think a lot of people believe that Chad Knaus who has been caught cheating in past question whether he still is. This results in the lack of JJ support. Just my opinion.

phil - Unregistered

October 21, 2009 6:20 PM

Every sport has a team which somehow finds a way to be consistently more competitive than other teams - VX Racing (BTCC), Team Vodafone (V8SC) Audi's R10 etc.

Randall Welch - Unregistered

October 24, 2009 3:42 AM

Jimmys problem is he is conseded. He thinks he is the world's greatest race car driver , but he is not.His time will come just like Earnhardt's .I love the NASCAR racing but, they all need to leave Earnhardt alone and let him get his confidence back!I know Dale Jr will be back better than before if we his fans we believe in him.

jj_48_fan - Unregistered

October 29, 2009 9:42 PM

You all have got to be kidding me!! Many crew chiefs have been caught doing things that was beyond the rules of NASCAR. It isn't the first or last time ANY crew chief will have done or tried to do something outside of the NASCAR rulebook. I have met Johnson and can tell you he was super nice and funny, too. Just because he's not a jerk or a complete weirdo, he's "vanilla". Maybe he's just a good role model for today's children...

I guess none of you appreciated the Chicago Bulls from their day or Tiger Woods now. That's all this is! He doesn't have a fiery personality, but his driving certainly is! :p