NASCAR » Kyle Busch 'should go to jail' - residents

Kyle Busch's 128mph speeding ticket should have sent him straight to jail according to outraged local residents in the area. According to attorneys, it still might come July 20.

Tracey Verry - Unregistered

May 26, 2011 6:32 PM

I think he should spend a little time in jail, like any other citizen. Just because he is a celebrity, should not matter. If anything, it should, because he is in a position where he is looked at by children as a role model. Its not like he was out on a open higway at this rate of speed, which is dangerous also, but in a residential area. Someone has got to teach him a lesson. As we have seen recently on the track, he has no regard for anyone else's safety.

Tyrone Russell - Unregistered

May 26, 2011 8:03 PM

If anyone else had done this they would be arrested on the spot and their vehicle would have been taken.. His talent should not be displayed on public roads!!
He needs to learn to be more responsible! and needs to learn accountability!This needs to be done before someones life is taken because of his action on and off the track and if he doesn't learn this it could cost him dearly in his marriage and his career and I say all of this out of compassion! Even tho Iam a Jeff Gordon fan! Their is hope for Kyle just watch how differently he races Jeff! with respect so I know Kyle can do it!!

bojan - Unregistered

May 26, 2011 9:49 PM

He should be treated exactly like any other citizen who does the same. Okay, if he was doing 50 or 60mph maybe it could be considered harmless, depending on the prevailing conditions, but 128... that's nearly 3 times the limit. If they don't jail people for that degree of irresponsibility, I'm sure glad I don't live there!

Mazzer - Unregistered

May 26, 2011 11:37 PM

it says that only 2.4% of speeding cases are jailed and the police have specified why he should not and is not in jail therefore clearly no special treatment and no need to jail him!

JP - Unregistered

May 27, 2011 6:31 AM

How distressing.
I get extremely angry with the Judicial System when it far too often appears that celebrities etc receive forms of "preferental" treatment.
Whether it be Paris Hilton dropping a bag of Cocaine out of her purse at the feet of a Police Officer, Lindsay Lohan's repeated "assinine" behavior/conduct or Kyle Busch clearly...CLEARLY endangering the lives of others...including that of his own wife.
WTG Kyle...your conduct certainly supports the depth of your love towards her.

gil - Unregistered

May 27, 2011 10:55 PM

I guess when your a celebrity you can get away with murder.And as far as NASCAR their lack of response to this type of situation is why they're losing popularity.I've been a NASCAR fan for 45 years and I'm losing interest.

David - Unregistered

May 29, 2011 1:42 PM

The man makes his living doing nearly 200mph. If you think about it in that context, though still not the safest place to do it, this speed to him was nowhere near challenging or out of control. I agree there should be penalties to deal with but JAIL... really? wake up folks. My bet is you teenage drivers have done the same and just didn't get caught. I know I did and still do when I feel there is little or no danger to others.

John Jenkins - Unregistered

June 08, 2011 12:22 PM

I was a member of Nascar 50 years ago and Nascar has only gotten worse with their preferential treatment of some. I also was charged with speeding in excess of 100 MPH by the NCHP in the 1960's and a friendly judge sentenced me to 100 days. A lesson was learned, even with the sentence being reduced on appeal. Incidents such as the continuing Busch episodes and the way Nascar, team owners, and sponsors choose to handle them is one reason why Nascar popularity is on the decline. Joe Gibbs should also be ashamed.