Keselowski's car owner is Roger Penske, who also competes in the IZOD IndyCar Series with a team fielding drivers Will Power, Helio Castroneves and AJ Allmendinger.
"There's been so much stuff going on, I could make a list two pages long, but I'm out," Keselowski continued to rage. "I have one good thing to say, and that's my team and the effort they put in today to fight back with the absolute [expletive] that's been the last seven days in the garage area."
Keselowski is likely to be in serious hot water with the officiating body for his comments, considering that Denny Hamlin received a stiff fine for uttering even the mildest of criticisms about the performance of the new Generation-6 car.
Keselowski himself has also been fined $25,000 last November for carrying a mobile phone in the car at Phoenix, which he was using to keep in touch with fans via Twitter. However, NASCAR rules forbid the carrying of any device in the car that can be used to circumvent the official team radio communications system.
NASCAR also indicated its displeasure with some comments Keselowski made to USA Today
before the start of the 2013 season in which he critiqued the current state of the competition. In that case, the driver was invited to the NASCAR hauler and 're-educated in the error of his view' by officials with no fine or sanction known to be imposed.
But any official response from NASCAR over Keselowski's latest outburst is likely to wait until Wednesday, as NASCAR will not want it to overshadow Tuesday's trip by Keselowski and his Cup team to the White House to be honoured by President Barack Obama for their achievement in winning the 2012 championship.
The runner-up in Saturday's Cup race, Martin Truex Jr., may also be in line post-race penalties this week after his car was found to be below the minimum front ride height after the race. And Ron Hornaday Jr. faces possible points deductions after seemingly intentionally wrecking a competitor under a caution period in the Sunday afternoon Truck Series race at Rockingham Speedway.
Texas death was suicide, say authorities
A man found shot dead in a pickup truck in the infield of Texas Motor Speedway this weekend died by his own hand during Saturday evening's Sprint Cup race, medical authorities reported on Monday.
The deceased was among NASCAR fans camping at the speedway for this weekend's Cup and Nationwide races. The Tarrant County medical examiner's office named the deceased man as 42-year-old Kirk Franklin of Saginaw and said that the gunshot wound had been a "self-inflicted injury" sustained after he'd been involved in an argument with other campers at the site.
Police said that several people witnessed the incident, which appeared to involve alcohol, but that no one else was put at risk. Texas law prohibits firearms from being brought in to the track by fans.