The beautiful Summerlee Raceway in Larkhall, Scotland played host to the second round of the Stingray RV backed MSA arm of the 2010 Super One Championship.

Relatively short and somewhat cramped compared to several other circuits on the calendar the track best known as being the starting points of the careers of the likes of David Coulthard, Dario Franchitti and Paul Di Resta amongst others has always been a firm favourite of the drivers although after several contentious issues during the course of the weekend that gave the new-for-2010 onboard cameras their first real workout, one or two members of the Super One fraternity would admit to being in no hurry to return after a slightly physical highland fling.

The Cadets were a prime example of close racing getting a little too close for comfort as Connor Jupp saw a potential win go begging when he became embroiled with double Shenington runner-up Tom Harvey in final one, which resulted in Jupp being excluded and having four points slapped on his licence.

Double Shenington winner Max Vaughan was only too happy to pick up the pieces for his third straight win in his Tonykart with the Wright of Callum Ilott second and Lando Norris third. The best placed Zip mounted finisher was James Kellett in fourth place with Trevyn Jay Nelson fifth.

Northern Irishman Nelson put the Zip name back at the top of the charts in the second final ahead of Kellett and Harvey with local expert Dean Macdonald leading home Norris and Nathan Aston in fourth place. Vaughan could only manage an eleventh place finish but it was still enough to keep him narrowly ahead of Harvey in the points standings.

In the MSA British Junior Championship for KF3's double Shenington winner Jake Dennis made it three final wins out of three in the opening encounter despite some sustained pressure from Ben Barnicoat but Barnicoat turned the tables in the second final with a late pass on Dennis to seal his first S1 victory in KF3.

Behind the lead pair Sennan Fielding and Roy Johnson spent the majority of the two finals fighting over third place with the action perhaps getting a little too intense between the pairing on more than one occasion. However by close of play the score was tied at one each with Johnson making it onto the podium in final one and Fielding taking third in final two.

Danish sensation Jacob Nortoft remained unbeaten in KF2 with another brace of wins, beating Oscar King into second place by more than three seconds in the first final and then by just over a second in heat two.

Jordan King (no relation) was giving Nortoft a run for his money in the opening part of the meeting and he set the pace in timed qualifying only to see reliability issues thwart him in the heats and the first final. From the back of the grid in final two King could only finish seventh, behind Steven Napier, Callum Bowyer, Jake Lloyd and Alex Walker.

Mark Litchfield continued his bid for a fifth British Senior title in Super KF with another pair of wins to remain unbeaten so far in 2010. Elliot Burton ran second in both finals but couldn't get within a second of Litchfield in either race.

Jordan Chamberlain finally got his championship challenge underway with a third place in the first final and a fifth in final two while veteran Bobby Game, a Super One champion as far back as 1996, was fourth in the opening race.