Crash.Net has a firm commitment to the privacy of our members' personal information. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website.
This site also contains links to other sites; Crash.Net is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Our site's registration form requires users to give us contact information (i.e. name and email address). We use this information to send the users information and news from Crash.Net and trusted content partners. A registered user can opt-out of first and third party mailings during the registration process or by editing their Crash.Net profile at any time.
This site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or newsgroups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
Third Party Advertising
The adverts appearing on this website are delivered to you, on our behalf, by our trusted web advertising partners. Information such as number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or any other personal information) may used to serve ads to you on this site, providing a richer user experience.
Non-Persistent "Session" Cookies
We use a session cookie to remember your site preferences. If these are disabled then the functionality of the site may be compromised. Session cookies are automatically deleted once the web browser is closed.
Persistent Cookies for Site Analytics and Performance
- Crash.Net Cookies - We use persistent cookies to remember your home page preference, and to sign you into the Crash.Net website for increased functionality benefits.
- Google AdSense - this cookie is used by Google to report to us how the adverts shown on our website are performing. User data is all anonymous.
- You can find out more generally about Google and its policies and principles as regards advertising by visiting http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
- DoubleClick (Google) - this is very similar to the Google Adsense cookie above (both are owned/controlled by Google) but is specific to the display advertising on the site. User data is anonymous.
- As with Google AdSense, you can find out more generally about Google and its policies and principles as regards advertising at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
- Google Analytics - we use this to understand how the site is being used in order to improve the user experience. User data is all anonymous.
- You can find out more about Google's privacy as regards its analytics service at http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
- Quantcast - this captures information on site traffic and usage so that we can publish this information on the Quantcast site for anyone to see. User data is all anonymous.
- You can see Crash.Net's site traffic profile on Quantcast at http://www.quantcast.com/crash.net
- Scorecard Research Beacon - this cookie is used to track internet trends and behavior helping us to target the site to our audience's needs. Data is all anonymous.
- You can find out more about Scorecard Research (Full Circle Studies) and its policies and practices at http://www.fullcirclestudies.com/privacy.aspx.
- Social Buttons - On many of the pages of the site you will see "social buttons". These enable users to share or bookmark the web pages. There are buttons for: Twitter, Google +1, Facebook "Like", LinkedIn "Share", and StumbleUpon. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of Crash.Net. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on our site. So if you click on any of these buttons, these sites will be registering that action and may use that information. In some cases these sites will be registering the fact that you are visiting Crash.Net, and the specific pages you are on, even if you don't click on the button if you are logged into their services, like Google and Facebook. You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
- Additional Third Party Cookies - Advertisers sometimes use their own cookies to provide you with targeted advertising. For example, advertisers may use a profile they have built on sites that you have previously visited to present you with more relevant advertisements while visiting Crash.Net. We believe that it is useful to our users to see advertisements that are more relevant to their interests. However it is possible to block all third-party cookies on Crash.Net and other websites by changing the settings on your browser - see "how to manage cookies" for further information. Please remember, if you choose to disable some or all cookies, this website may not function correctly.
How To Manage Cookies
We recommend that your browser is updated to the most recent version available. This will provide the best safefy and security when browsing the internet.