Rally UK » Cronin: I want to win Pirelli International

Pirelli Star Driver Keith Cronin says he really wants to win the Pirelli International Rally this coming weekend.

ForzaCockermouth

April 23, 2010 4:46 PM

Does anyone go and spectate on BRC rounds anymore? I mean its a shadow of its former self. I used to go and watch nearly every round in the late 80's and throughout the 90's, but the size and quality of entry was good then. Also used to be cheap to park etc.

Read in Motoring News this week. (I refuse to call it its new name) that it costs £10 per car per stage. Due to the size of the entry you would try and see a few stages, so car parking costs would be very high.

Be interested to see if anyone else comments on this. Or even reads it. Do many people even look at the Rally UK section of Crash?

John Kilbride - Unregistered

April 23, 2010 5:03 PM

Brc is ****e like a lot of rallying today.
You cant compare today to late 80's, Only a handful of people can afford to run a topline Group N car or S2000.
Rallying needs to be revamped from local level to WRC.
I also think it should be on a terrestrial tv channel rather than sky.

John Kilbride - Unregistered

April 23, 2010 5:15 PM

Yes and on World Of Sport on ITV, also remember when you had the top class Finns competing,Mikkola, Airikala,Alen, Vatanten, Salonen, Blomqvist,Eklund etc.
Ok I have a lot of my own countrymen like Breen,Cronin etc competing today but I would prefer to see them up against top competition. Regarding Crash and Brc, I noticed they have not got up to speed regarding Mark Higgins putting in an entry.

Twin Cam Sam - Unregistered

April 24, 2010 3:14 PM

@ Forza Cockermouth

You're right, the BRC is crap. I don't know why they don't just kill it off altogether and put it out of it's misery.

I went out on the Bulldog last month, and wished I hadn't bothered. A very, very poor entry. In fact, the BRC has ruined the Bulldog, which used to be a good rally.

The BRC is poorly promoted with only two or three drivers competing at top.

I'm not in the slightest bit interested in watching 2 or 3 production cars.

Keith Cronin should p1ss it !

I could win it if I had £100k to sepnd on a car. It's not a championship, it's a farce.

ForzaCockermouth

April 24, 2010 4:18 PM

We still go and watch rounds of the national though. Rally Sunseeker is one of the best events of the year for us. What is the BRC for now? I mean its great for Higgins to come back, but what has he got to prove? And if Cronin wins the championship for a second year, is it gonna launch his WRC career? Cant see it myself.

John Kilbride - Unregistered

April 24, 2010 8:41 PM

As I said before rallying as a whole needs a revamp.
Cars gone too technically advanced for average man in street to be able to afford to run them never mind purchase them. When group n was first brought out it was supposed to be for privateer not for works teams.
Remember the past British Championship contenders Colin/Jimmy Mcrae, Brookes, Llewelin,Wilson,Lovel, how they would go on to do RAC at end of year and get a decent top 3 result or maybe better. The Mantas,Escorts,Sierras were lot more basic compared to whats out today. Also then you had BRC covered by terrestrial tv stations ITV/BBC. Now all they cover is the roundy, roundy stuff F1 and BTCC.