RR » Guy Martin: I do the TT for the buzz

Described as a 'maverick' in the film, Martin returns to the Isle of Man TT in 2011 eager to make amends for the accident that left him in hospital last year.

Nakoma - Unregistered

April 22, 2011 10:30 AM

Went to see this the other day took the whole family. They all loved it and thought it was great. Admittedly we are all bike fans but thought they made a really great job.

It showed a balanced view of the TT good and the bad. Would recommend anyone who's in to bikes to watch it.

Will be buying the DVD as there were bits that could really have done with rewinding and watching a few times.

Conner Cummins and Guys crash both looked horrific in the film.

buelliful - Unregistered

April 22, 2011 11:21 AM

Totally agree Nakoma, I went to see it on Wednesday and a few friends who aren't bike fans also saw it and said it was a "very good film". I thought it was excellent and it's gone to the top of my wish list when it comes out on disc. My only gripe was that the 3D aspect wasn't all that great. It won't lose anything going to 2D on television.
Fantastic, gripping stuff though. Highly recommend it!

st ninians - Unregistered

April 22, 2011 11:23 AM

The TT is exhilerating a spectacle that should not be missed,there will always be those whom knock this event but dont understand the reason why mere mortals put their own lives on the line.
Its ironic that Ian Hutchinson would be the only man in history to win every race in one week yet suffered horrendous injuries at one of the safest track in the world.
Yes people have lost their lives but when added up over the years the miles covered by competitors it doesnt compare with lives lost on other circuits.
Its dangerous and as Guy states its the buzz that brings him back,he made the choice nobody made it for him or others.
If you dont like it simple dont do it,if you dont like the racing dont go,but dont stop it.

Fitzjnr - Unregistered

April 22, 2011 12:13 PM

I have done 5 TT's and as Guy says, money can't buy you the buzz you get from it. I had a fairly sizeable off at the Bungalow in 1998 I think it was, and you know it wasn't scary at all. Slow motion and all in black and white.

Steve Sinnott (Sidecar Driver) summed it up beautifully in the film 'If the TT doesn't excite you, you must be dead already'

Stunning film.

anonymous - Unregistered

April 22, 2011 5:49 PM

It must be a fantastic race to be a part of, but I have to say that when I went to the TT in 09 as a spectator... well, it was like a devout catholic going to meet the pope, and finding out first hand that he DOES touch below the belt.

Raped by Steam Racket, bored by a sheer lack of off-track entertainment, pissed off by the race replica jackoffs. Totally **** fortnight that I thank bog I will never repeat.

LA-Xstream - Unregistered

April 22, 2011 9:03 PM

Have to confess I was gonna miss this years TT as i've another 'date' in Mugello the following month, however after watching TT3D how the f**k can I resist the urge!...Guy Martin is hilarious in this film - frank and honest...the scene with his dad in the office chatting over a brew had me in stitches! Agree with earlier post the 3D-element is disappointing but would have been brilliant anyway in 2D. The end scenes with the crashes are shocking...hadnt seen Connor's crash and the helicoptor footage leaves a lasting impression. The kid's got great heart if he can come back from that. Hutchy's crash is equally grusome...i hope he gets to come back and prove last year was no fluke. What struck me was how 'mundane' and 'ordinary' some of the riders lives are away from the TT but also just how fired up they are about the TT...a deep burning desire and competitiveness - particularly Hutchy - that sets them apart from the rest.

I hope this film reaches out to the masses and doesnt just becom

Mathers Cross - Unregistered

April 22, 2011 9:30 PM

st ninians i think if you look closer you will easily find that the TT has the highest death rate by far. But im not an anti just pointing out the obvious. Also it has a pretty dreadful spectator death rate (road bke crashes) that is often forgotten.

1 2 3  »