RR » Ulster GP chief fears for road racing's future

Noel Johnston: All road races are finding it tough and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the smaller events went to the wall

Moot - Unregistered

November 26, 2011 10:39 AM

I don't understand how you can charge to get into a road circuit.
By definition, they are so long and bordered by private property that this surely must be impossible.
I can see how a pit area or grandstand could be chargeable, but can you impose a charge for someone sitting at a table outside a pub that lines a circuit?

Gaz - Unregistered

November 26, 2011 11:32 AM

Posted by ugp supporter - Unregistered (36 minutes ago)
Reduce prices more FANS more CASH.

They DONT charge so how can they REDUCE the prices ????

dunlop3 - Unregistered

November 26, 2011 12:08 PM

The difference between the nw200 and the ugp is that dundrod is on the top of a mountain above belfast and the nw200 is in a seaside resort. But when it comes down to which one is best its the ugp hands down .As far as charging goes make it cumpulsory at all roadraces after all if you are a true race fan you will not hesitate in paying to watch the greatest show on earth.

ugp supporter - Unregistered

November 26, 2011 2:18 PM

GAZ
Obviously you havent been to the ulster or are you one of the problems we are strugling with.Roads close you pay a road LEVY last year 25 POUND and you get a wrist band that way you can enter track side and watch racing.There are to many spectators not paying LEVY.
They even hide in the boot or back off vans walk over fields just not to pay.
THANKS TO ALL TRUE SUPPORTERS WHO PAY

Billy Fitz - Unregistered

November 26, 2011 3:00 PM

I agree with ugp supporter.
I heard that they even went to the bother to make forgeries of the wrist bands so that they would not have to pay in.
That's why they could never have a proper purpose built track in this country because the miserable gits would never pay in,(to used to going to the races for nothing).

mtb - Unregistered

November 26, 2011 10:38 PM

I think you will find the same problem in any country that has proper road races.U see the low lives trying to sneak in all the time:-(

JOHN - Unregistered

November 26, 2011 11:53 PM

Am I right in seeing this was a free event? Then if it was I'm amazed. I went to road racing this Summer at Athea in Co Kerry and I think there was a 15Euro admission fee per person attending. I think one of Dunlop family won the main race there. Much as I hate to say it, no racing can survive without an income.

shamarone

November 27, 2011 7:14 PM

re: "if you are a true race fan you will not hesitate in paying to watch the greatest show on earth."

re: "you are one of the problems we are struggling with."

re: "would never pay in (too used to going to the races for nothing)."

by the power vested in me i declare the above comments as 3 of the greatest ever typed on crash. they apply not only to RR, but also to the short ciruits of MGP, WSBK, and to motorbikes as a whole. basic math. with 97% of the world's population NOT supporting motorbikes, it's imperative then that the 3% who DO support, NOT look for "free lunch" every time the wind blows.

1 2 3  »