RR » Brookes told 'win BSB title and you can race at TT'

'The British Superbike Championship is the priority this year but Philip [Neill] said if I win the title I can race at the TT!' - Josh Brookes

Craig - Unregistered

June 16, 2012 11:20 AM

All Motorsport is dangerous look what happened hutchy on a gp circuit no less. Off course motogp tends to be less dangerous than other circuit racing due to the fact they are all spread out and the racing proves often to be not very exciting unless your fav rider wins.

To be fair to pcxmax I think he just argues with the general opinion to get a fight started

adam - Unregistered

June 16, 2012 2:10 PM

putting his daft comments aside. Mr pcxmax is clearly hard up for friends if he feels the need to post attention seeking comments under things he clearly has no interest in. Kinda sad really. May i suggest sticking to what ever sports u like and leave us genuine TT fans to it.

PatrickD

June 16, 2012 4:37 PM

pcxmax is not out on a limb here, and many people from circuit racing (Barry Sheene, Wayne Gardener to name but two) share his opinion. He's entitled to it and to put it on this forum.
I'm a fan of road racing above all other racing formats, but I admit that I feel that's not right whenever someone gets hurt badly or killed. It's something that lingers in the background and isn't easy, for me at least, to justify to others.
Every time I hear of a circuit racer changing codes, I wince to think that they'll bring their 'excessive' aggression and hurts themselves/others. But the training and introductions to the circuits these days, not to mention the performances of Steve Plater, Karl Harris etc. show that it can be a success, especially in the case of Plater. Josh seems to be on top of his craziness from a year or two ago, and could make an impression. Good luck to him, but at the same time TAS are looking quite desperate.

Sparky62 - Unregistered

June 16, 2012 4:49 PM

Lets get this straight. I love the TT races and road racing. My father was a mechanic with the Norton works team back in the late 50's and early 60's. But I think the Road Racers are a different breed than the closed circuit guys. They have a different set of skills and mentality that comes from racing on these road courses exclusively. When I sat down recently with with Dad he showed me some old photographs of me sitting on riders knees or on their bikes just prior to them jumping on board for practice or a race. He pointed out those who died racing. Some died road racing. Some died track racing. Their choice to race but I think Josh is more at risk than a veteran road racer. I hope he enjoys it but doesn't try to win.

benignlyindifferent

June 16, 2012 5:52 PM

Statistics don't lie, and you cannot compare the risks of the TT with the risks of closed circuit racing. TT is much, much more dangerous. I understand why drivers wish to take the risk, but I do not understand why a BSB or WSB or MotoGP team would even consider allowing a contracted driver to attempt the TT, considering the risks, and considering other motorsport exemplars that demonstrate the negative impact on a team when a contracted driver is badly inured or killed while taking part in their hobby. It's why Lotus said no to Kimi's request to race a rally. You just know they wished they had said no to Kubica.

tut tut payattention - Unregistered

June 16, 2012 8:25 PM

patrick d, what utter nonsense you type.why are tas desperate, they are probably the biggest road race team around, and could sign almost anyone to race. they would just give brookes a run cos he wants to,they have other racers for the roads and tt

« 1 2 3  »