RR » Michael Dunlop eyes TT superbike victory

'I'm looking forward to next year, it's a big opportunity for me and I want to grab it with both hands and see what I can make of it' - Michael Dunlop

Tetley

December 03, 2012 7:42 PM

This Michael's best ever chance of a superbike TT win. It's just a shame that he will be running his own 600 and Superstock bikes. At the NW200 this year he was dashing around like a blue-asred fly, in and out of his transit van, doing all manner of jobs himself. I hope doing it again at TT2013 doesn't distract him from the real job at hand, and that is giving his full attention to the works Hondas. It would be a shame not to make the most of his best-yet opportunity. Meanwhile, McPint and Rutter will get on with the job without being distracted by having to spanner their bikes.

KeepHerLit

December 03, 2012 8:32 PM

Tetley makes a very good point , Michael D should just look after the riding and get himself into the zone and right frame of mind before each race , doing preparation is a distraction no matter how pumped and talented you are

bigphil sp1 - Unregistered

December 03, 2012 11:37 PM

even though I am a big fan of Micky D I would not discount his brother William, he's on great machinery too and will be very sharp riding in bss by the time the TT comes along.

lee - Unregistered

December 04, 2012 8:10 AM

Honda tt legends.... should read john mcguinness and whoever else we could find, i've often thought this and now its confirmed.
Dont get me wrong rider is a hero but all this 'legends' rubbish and chopping and changing teams , bikes etc well its now wonder md runs around like a blue ****d fly.
I guess its a reflection of the state of the times, economy, sponsers etc but really.. legends??
I guess its just my dislike of this over used word. legends are more like ago, hailwood, dunlop j, grant, foggy etc etc. all sadly before my time, and of course john mcguinness.

AJ - Unregistered

December 04, 2012 3:35 PM

@Phil arm...Never heard Michael using an excuse that other riders had better bikes. He has had offers from a big team before (twice) and turned them down out of loyality to his smaller sponsers and he still managed 3 TT's and 5 UGP wins in 2 years.
As for distractions etc..MD is the kind of rider that likes to work on his bikes..I can't see him sitting in his motorhome waiting for bikes to be ready and then just going out and riding them..not his style!

r1guru

December 04, 2012 6:14 PM

Dunlop is a great lad , very fast . Gobby sometimes that sounds frightening but its a bluff . He will go very fast and will be on the rostrum . JUST WISH HE WAS ON A YAMAHA IN ALL CLASSES . its gonna be fun to watch . I like him .

« 1 2 3  »