RR » Brookes: I can win at North West 200

'I absolutely believe that I can win there... I won't be disappointed if I don't but I believe the potential is there' - Josh Brookes

Filter Comments: All | Registered

BOND - Unregistered

March 27, 2013 11:24 PM

Although josh has become a consistent rider, I can't help but worry for him doing the nw and tt. He does have the potential to win, just hope he learns to walk before he runs.

whitehead

March 28, 2013 9:10 AM

@Kyle
I wouldn't bet against him either, but Seeley will be out there to prove a point. Josh will be up against the best road racers on the planet who will all be out to beat him.
Just bring her home safe, always next year for the results.
Hope the weathers good this year cause this years event could be a real cracker......

whitehead

March 29, 2013 12:34 PM

@ Nike.
Tough one there, cant think of any newcomer winning in fairly resent years. I watched Bruce Anstey take a win on his 1st appearance at the NW200, saying that I,m sure there have been others before him. I think he had 3 wins the following year, cant really remember the dates.
Would this be correct?

Helmut Cheese - Unregistered

April 02, 2013 5:09 PM

He's certainly got the ability and the never say die spirit, and stones of steel. Great guy, I wish him well and hope he doesnt get hurt, and can learn that the TT especially needs three years before really going for it. I do think he can kick butt at the NW though. I'll go over to watch him.

david field - Unregistered

April 05, 2013 3:18 PM

While josh brookes is indeed a fine rider he ought to think carefully before spouting off that he feels hes in with a good chance of winning.
The northwest 200 course has caught many riders out both new and experienced over the years and he would be wise to treat it with great respect.
Learn it gradually.

BikeRaceGuru

April 07, 2013 9:35 PM

Great to see Josh is doing NW but fear for him @ TT.. He's a competitive man and will want to win.. Mountain course needs some learning at the speeds you need to win.. Agree he needs time there.. Beating Seeley at NW is a vastly different prospect to beating to beating him round Brands Hatch etc etc.. Then there's a few more road specialists to contend with.. Not to mention he'll be wanting to stick two fingers up to his old bosses.. The kwak seems to be the better bike as well..

viridis - Unregistered

April 19, 2013 3:50 AM

Have to agree with Bond. This is a different discipline and I can imagine Hector twisting his nads. It would be no shame to know his limitations, for now. Lets hope.