Padgetts Honda racer Ian Hutchinson has secured his place among the greats of the Isle of Man TT with three wins from three starts in 2010, and with two solo races left to go he could he equal, and even beat, the four wins in a week record set by Phillip McCallen.

Hutchy dominated the second day of racing on Monday, storming to victory in the first Supersport race and the producing a new class lap record on the final lap of the Superstock showdown to snatch victory away from Ryan Farquhar - and become the first person ever to lap the TT course at more than 130mph on a superstock.

In the four lap 600cc Supersport race, Hutchinson beat Guy Martin by just 3.03 seconds for his second TT win of the week, and fifth of his career. Michael Dunlop came through after a sluggish opening lap to take third.

Related Articles

Martin stole the early advantage at Glen Helen on the opening lap, leading Hutchinson by 1.7 seconds with Manxman Daniel Kneen putting in a stunning ride in third, another 1.6 seconds back. Positions were close behind with John McGuinness, William Dunlop, Ryan Farquhar, Conor Cummins and Bruce Anstey fourth to eighth and separated by just 1.6 seconds. Dunlop's poor first lap left him back in ninth.

By Ramsey, Martin had moved another tenth of a second forward, but Hutchinson was stronger over the Mountain and with an opening lap of 125.536mph led the Lincolnshire rider by just eight tenths of a second. Kneen held on to third while Dunlop hit his stride and moved up to fourth.

Martin showed his prowess on the first nine miles again to turn the deficit into a 0.33s advantage second time around. Kneen was still in third, but only 0.5s ahead of a charging Dunlop.

Just like the opening lap, Hutchinson proved to be quicker for the remainder of the circuit and took the lead back at Ramsey Hairpin by over 2 seconds. A second lap of 126.207mph gave him a 3.39s lead as they came in to refuel.

Dunlop had also lapped in excess of 126mph to seize third from Kneen with William Dunlop and McGuinness now holding on to fifth and sixth. Anstey stopped at Ballaugh where he was reported as making adjustments.

When the riders left the pits after their solitary fuel stop, Hutchinson had pulled further ahead to lead by four seconds, while Dunlop was closing in on Martin, now just six seconds adrift. Martin again charged through the high speed run to Ballacraine and the twists and turns of the Glen Helen section to lie just 0.28s behind his fellow Honda rider Hutchinson.

Despite Martin's fightback, Hutchinson was almost five seconds ahead at the start of the final lap. Refusing to be beaten, Martin put in a determined final lap to try and reel Hutchy in.

The gap kept coming down at each timing point and when Hutchinson flashed across the line after a lap of 126.362mph, the stopwatch began. Martin broke the old lap record with a speed of 126.555mph, but it wasn't enough and Hutchinson took his second win of the week by 3.03 seconds.

Dunlop was also inside the old lap record, but hugely disappointed with his third place. It was Keith Amor who claimed the lap record, and fourth, with a stunning final lap of 126.909mph.

After the race, Martin refused to enter the winner's enclosure - still seething about his 30 second time penalty for speeding in the pits during Saturday's Superbike race. The Wilson Craig rider eventually turned up and attended the podium celebration, although he declined to spray his champagne. In the post race press conference, Martin made it clear how angry he still is at the penalty.

As the afternoon Superstock race approached, everyone wanted to know if Hutchinson could repeat last year's feat of two wins in a day. However, when the flag dropped it was Ryan Farquhar who looked favourite for the victory.

The Dungannon racer was flying on the opening lap, extending his advantage at all the timing points, and a first lap speed of 129.648mph gave him a 6.78s lead over Michael Dunlop with Hutchinson up to third ahead of Cummins and Amo.

Four-times Duke Road Race Rankings champion Farquhar and Hutchinson were pulling away from the chasing pack on the second lap and the Kawasaki rider was the first to break the old lap record with an average of 129.816mph, edging further away from Hutchinson for a gap 8.8s as they came into refuel.

Dunlop had been relegated to fourth though and he lost further time as he changed his rear tyre at the pit stop, dropping him all the way down to 11th.

Hutchinson had the quickest pit stop and led the race for the first time as the riders left the pits, but by Glen Helen, 34-year-old Farquhar was back in front to the tune of 1.4s and it was going to be a straight fight over the final two laps.

By Ramsey Hairpin, Farquhar was over four seconds clear and this became 5.54s as the pair went into their final lap - and it was here when Hutchinson made his charge.

The gap stayed the same at Glen Helen, but Hutchinson had halved this by the time they jumped Ballaugh Bridge, and at Ramsey Hairpin for the final time it was only 1.82s. In all three races held so far, Hutchinson has been the quickest rider over the Mountain. but Farquhar was up for the fight and rode harder than he'd ever done before only to fall short by the smallest margin.

Hutchinson's final lap of 130.741mph was the first 130mph lap recorded by a Superstock machine and, despite Farquhar setting his best ever lap of the Mountain Course at 129.883mph, he fell short by an agonising 1.32s.

Nevertheless, it was his first podium finish at the TT since 2008 and there was further celebration for Kawasaki with Manx Conor Cummins coming home in a strong third and going some way to make up for his disappointment on Saturday, when he retired whilst leading the Superbike race.

Racing is scheduled to continue on Wednesday with the second Supersport and Sidecar races.