The six races delayed from Monday due to the atrocious weather conditions finally got underway on Tuesday afternoon, with a total of four races being run concurrently under the banner of the Newcomers' Race with classes A & B, along side the new event for 2009, Post Classics, again with two classes two stroke and four-stroke.

With the forecast far from being encouraging with the possibility of showers all around the course around from
around midday, the race had been cut from four to three laps. The race got underway at the scheduled time of 1215 with Derek Shiels and Benny Smith setting off in the Newcomers A race.

However from the first timing point, Glen Helen it was Sean Murphy on the Martin Bullock 600 Honda that was in the lead on time by 5 seconds; by Ramsey it was 10 seconds and this set the pattern for the three lap race, with the Douglas man coming home over two minutes ahead of first man away Dubliner Derek Shiels, who in turn was just under two minutes in front of third placeman David Mulligan from Portadown. There were 19 finishes of which nine received replicas.

Related Articles

In Newcomers B Stockport's Adrian Kershaw took the victory from Andy Lawson (Arbroath) and Skerries Andrew Farrell. The winning margin this time, 57 seconds. Twelve completed the course and eight reps were awarded.

The hotly anticipated dice between Ryan Farquhar and Guy Martin on the 997 Suzuki's failed to materialise, due to the poor weather conditions, with Ryan leading from flag to flag, taking a three and a half minute advantage at the conclusion of the three laps, over the Lincolnshireman. Dave Madsen-Mygdal took the final podium place on his 750 Triumph. Only six finished and the podium placing collected replicas.

In the two-stroke division, Brian Mateer took a start to finish victory from Scot Ewan Hamilton by four minutes with Paul Coward third 44 seconds adrift. Nine finished and once again the first three collected replicas.

The Junior & Lightweight Classic was scheduled for a 1445 start, and then delayed shortly before the first pair were due away, due to threatened heavy rain.

The race was postponed until 1830hrs and the road open cars sent on its way.

The roads will close again at 1800hrs for a three lap race.