V8 » Vodafone in Holden switch

Mr B - Unregistered

July 29, 2009 11:44 AM

Australian - Ford Vs. Holden WAR

Going to be interesting to see how this one works out Lowndes use to race for Holden won the title with them, so is this a return to win a Championship fro Lowndes.

Dodgy Foreigner - Unregistered

July 29, 2009 8:13 PM

I'm a Ford fan, but am not surprised at this announcement at all... good on them, I say.

If I were in the Triple Eight camp, I'd be a little p1ssed off too, considering the way that Ford Australia sh@t all over them at the end of last year. After all, they are Ford's best team!

Bjorn - Unregistered

July 29, 2009 9:40 PM

Dodgy Foreigner you are right I can't believe that FORD don't support them. I believe they supply the chassis and other "technical support" but that is just a joke they with the other teams should be getting full support from FORD. I myself am a SBR supporter and was amazed that they picked us in the two that they picked considering our record compared to them in the last 3 years. STILL I AM PISSED AT THIS DECISION!!!!

Daniel Reynolds

July 30, 2009 12:38 AM

Well I suppose it's a season later than some expected but this is still massive news - and very disappointing for someone who supports the Blue Oval (even though 888 and my own fave DJR aren't officially manufacturer-supported).

So how will 7 introduce the new season? ... "Welcome to the reborn Formula Holden Championship..."

Russell - Unregistered

July 30, 2009 1:15 AM

I'm guttered Fords are idiots I read Wincup approached Fords to promote his v8 title last year but they refused.I have already cancelled my Clipsal tickets and so have 20 of my friends.I have already emailed v8 supercars to tell fords yo pull their heads in.10Fords,20Holdens that's got be great for the sport,dnfs fom the factory cars Great. Geoff Polites & the late Marleston would be turning in their graves right now.I read last night Murcus Marshall's team is up for sale so that will bring it to 9 next year.

Frank - Unregistered

July 30, 2009 4:21 AM

About time. Rolan Danes has shown he has the way with it when it comes to loyal sponsors and producings fast cars. If Ford do not want to sponsor a winning team then fools them. Conglatulations to both Holden and Rolan Danes. I can't wait to see the Lion on the Vodafone cars. I will be switching my phone conection to Vodafore to support the team.

gt - Unregistered

July 30, 2009 11:22 AM

This can only be a bad thing for V8 Supercars, reducing fan base. Maybe Ford are smarter than are credited, with "v8s" ceasing production in the near future, the formula is doomed.

So what's next...WTCC?