Crash.Net WRC News
WRC entry list confirmed, 'Mitsubishi' not listed
29 December 2006
The FIA, the governing body for the WRC, released the 'Manufacturer Team' entry list for 2007 last week, and six teams have been confirmed for the new season, which gets underway next month with the Rallye Monte Carlo.
Interestingly the team which will use the Mitsubishi Lancer WRC 05's was not listed, although provisions do
exist in the regulations for additional Manufacturer Teams to register until March 12 2007. However, they will only score points after
registration. Currently it is expected that the team based around Toni Gardemeister and 2005 Middle East Rally champion Khalid Al Qassimi will do 10-12 events and official confirmation is expected very soon. Indeed it was thought a press release would be issued before the Christmas/New Year holiday period.
Of the rest it was pretty much as expected, with Ford set to have three teams in action, while Citroen will have two and Subaru just the one. Whether there will be a Bozian-run Peugeot team, like in 2006, is still uncertain.
The entry list, as of December 21, is as follows:2007 FIA World Rally Championship – Manufacturer Team entry list:
1. Citroen Total WRT
2. Citroen Total WRT Daniel Sordo
3. BP Ford World Rally Team
4. BP Ford World Rally Team Mikko Hirvonen
5. OMV Kronos Citroen WRT
6. OMV Kronos Citoren WRT Daniel Carlsson - will do 'at least six events'
7. Subaru World Rally Team
8. Subaru World Rally Team Chris Atkinson
9. Stobart M-Sport Ford Rally Team Henning Solberg - TBC
10. Stobart M-Sport Ford Rally Team Jari Matti Latvala or Matthew Wilson - TBC
11. Munchi's Ford World Rally Team Luis-Perez Companc - TBC
12. Munchi's Ford World Rally Team Juan Pablo Raies - TBCNotes:
* Under the 2007 Sporting Regulations, the above competition numbers will not change throughout the Championship.
* Drivers in italics
were not included on the entry list released by FIA. Most of these drivers' have, however, been confirmed by their respective teams.